PDA

View Full Version : Scouts???

phoenixcrh
12-01-2008, 11:38
Hi my friend and I played a game this last week in which he deployed some dwarf scouts against my dark elfs, he said they could set up 12 inches away from me as long as I couldnt see him, is this true? I thought only waywatchers could do that? what are the rules for scouts as I dont have the rule book he does and is being a little hoarder!!!

Griefbringer
12-01-2008, 13:41
I would recommend obtaining a copy of the rulebook, it is surprisingly handy.

Rules for scouts can be found on page 96, most essential part being: "They can be set up anywhere on the table, more than 10" away from the enemy".

As a dark elf player you might also want to know that the dark elf shades also benefit from the scouting rule.

Masque
12-01-2008, 13:48
Scouts must be set up 10" from the enemy, out of line of sight, and in or behind terrain.

theunwantedbeing
12-01-2008, 15:35
Scouts must be setup in terrain.
ie. not out in the open.

Only chameleon skinks and waywatchers can do that, but then they have to be a set distance away from the enemy.

Ganymede
12-01-2008, 17:56
Well, they don't necessarily have to be in terrain. They can also be behind terrain. For instance, they can be on the other side of a wall or a forest; they don't have to be deployed within the wall or the forest.

T10
12-01-2008, 23:05
As a dark elf player you might also want to know that the dark elf shades also benefit from the scouting rule.

The exact same scouting rules, in fact.

phoenixcrh: I can only assume that you and your friend are in fact friends. You should have no problem looking up the various rules before, after or even during the game.

-T10