PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Nurgle chaos list

Firebreather
12-01-2008, 16:48
Hey there everyone. This list is a bit of a departure for me, as it's not something I've ever done before. I've never played Chaos(except in 40K, and that doesn't count;)), and I've never played an army constructed like this. That said, for some reason I really, really like it. I'm more or less just looking to see what people think of it, rather than get a lot of help with it. Of course, if you have suggestions, feel free to give them.

Great Bray-Shaman-
Braystaff
Level 4
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Armour
The Plague Chalice

Exalted Daemon-
Level 2
Mark of Nurgle
Diabolic Splendour
Stream of Corruption

Exalted Champion of Chaos-
Flail
Mark of Nurgle
Book of Secrets

18 Warriors of Chaos-
Shields
Mark of Nurgle
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion
War Banner
Chosen

19 Marauders of Chaos-
Light Armour
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Chieftan

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Flails
Musician

7 Warhounds of Chaos

7 Warhounds of Chaos

8 Gor-Additional Hand Weapons
12 Ungor
Musician
Standard Bearer
Foe-render

Beast of Nurgle

Beast of Nurgle

TOTAL-2000pts.

Eigilb
12-01-2008, 17:10
Exalted Champion of Chaos-
Flail
Mark of Nurgle
Book of Secrets

Keep in mind that this dosen't allow your lvl 1 char to take the lore of Nurgle only death, shadow or fire. As far as i remember, just a comment ;)

Neknoh
12-01-2008, 17:18
looking like a really rather decent list. And I take it your Exalted is the general? What I would do would be to remove the Chosen status from your Warriors, this would free up arround a hundred points for you, enough to get another five Marauders (24 is better than 19, simple as that) and then a smaller unit of Furies or another Chaos Spawn. What I would consider dropping would be the marks on the Spawns, since poison doesn't hardly ever do anything for Chaos Spawns, but that's about it.

Other than that, I get the distinct feeling you've been reading the critique for a lot of lists and had a look or two at the two different tactica's arround here :p Good list mate, hope you do well with it. Besides, as soon as people start to nag about anti-armour, think about the Lore of Nurgle's abillity to waste knights completely.

I would choose the Lore of Death for your Nurgle character, simply to add more Anti-Armour goodness. However, if you choose to drop the book, the Armour of Tortured Souls or Damnation is to be reckomended for a nurgle character.

Firebreather
12-01-2008, 17:27
Excellent, thanks very much for the comments guys! Neknoh, you guessed right. I've found both the Chaos tacitas very inspiring, and it really just clicked from there. I'll take both of your suggestions into consideration and play around with the list a little. If any of the changes come out looking like winners, I'll post a revised list. Thanks again!

Neknoh
12-01-2008, 17:45
No problem, it's fun to see a good chaos list that is marked Nurgle, Magic Heavy AND uses Chaos Warriors. I wish thee best of luck with thisone.

Firebreather
12-01-2008, 17:47
It's strange how often I see a lot of people say how terrible the Lore of Nurgle is. I just don't see it. It's obviously not as horribly potent as the Lore of Slaanesh can be, but it certainly seems to have its' uses to me. I'm looking forward to making good use of it with this list, considering I have a Level 4 and a Level 2 caster. I think you're right Neknoh, I'll probably give my Exalted Champion with the Book of Secrets the Lore of Death, hoping to get Steal Soul and mostl likely settling for the decent Dark Hand of Death most of the time.

I would like to pump up the number of Marauders like you said, as well, and maybe I'll try and wiggle some points around to do so.

Once again, I'm really glad you like the list. It looks powerful AND fun to play with/against, so I think it's a solid choice all around. Thanks again, Neknoh! Your tacitas have proved invaluable!

bigbear bailey
12-01-2008, 20:47
I have a really bad ass Nurgle army that is almost as good as my empire but a little less fun to play... (no shooting besides the demons breath...) I could post it if you like...

I think your list is missing some hammer units... I know everyone says knights OR warriors but you need some punch... If you want to take some hints that I use then I would be more then happy to help ya....

I know no one will tell this other then me BUT your M. horsemen can be an anvil... I take a unit of 7 or 8 with a hero/bsb with them and run around their flanks with them... If you hide them and refuse lanes for him to go then you can get a flank charge... Mines wrecks units as it's hard to stop them... I like them better then the knights!

I have to go (duty calls) but I can post more later...

Neknoh
12-01-2008, 20:57
Thing is, both the Marauder and Chaos Warrior units will work excellent when it comes to grinding down enemy units, whereas the Marauder Horsemen easely will force enemies to think twice about engaging your allready engaged units.

My one comment would probably be to swap the Flail for an Additional Handweapon, simply becuase one more attack at strength 5 basically means one more dead R&F trooper.

mossel
12-01-2008, 21:59
Could you get 6 more points? That way, you get 3 units of 5 warhounds, instead of 2 units of 7. They will draw some shooting away from the marauders and give you some deplyment advantages.

As Neknoh said, don't mark your spawns and make your warriors non-chosen. Get the extra dog, some marauders and an extra warrior. Perhaps, take a small beast herd for your L4, as it needs LOS for some spells and he's quite vulnerable to shooting alone and in the open.

Firebreather
13-01-2008, 15:33
Oh and Bigbear, I'd love to see your Nurgle list! Go on and post it here once you get a chance, as I'd love to see how mine stacks up to yours, and maybe even get some ideas for the future. Let's take a look buddy!