PDA

View Full Version : [GORKAMORKA] Post your own gubbinz here..

hendybadger
13-01-2008, 10:19
a place for everyone to post their own gubbinz. new vehicles , boys , guns , gubbinz , upgrades and anything else you can come up with. for orks , diggas , grots and muties.

lets make this new pdf release fun!

fattdex
15-01-2008, 03:12
Here are Battlewagon rules by James from Mektown (http://www.miteyheroes.co.uk/mektown). I might have a go at modifying them or making my own tonight.

Battlewagon: 35 teef

Armour Values and Damage Table. The Battlewagon uses the normal trukk/trak/buggy hit location tables, except for the fact that every location gets +2 Armour.

Weapons. Battlewagons mount *lots* of big guns. Each one can take up to 3 big guns of any type, or up to 3 linked weapons if it prefers. Obviously each big gun must have it's own gunner.

Special Rules.
Ramming: If a battlewagon is involved in a Ram, Sideswipe, Rake, Crash, Collision, etc etc etc, it will inflict quite a lot of damage on the unfortunate vehicle also involved. This means it always inflicts one more point of damage than normal on the other vehicle.
Slow: Battlewagons are very, very heavy. This means they only get to move 3" for every thrust it makes (not 6" like a trukk or 5" like a trak). In addition, if it has any sort of random movement, it will move D3" instead of D6".

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 03:17
Geez!! That's not bad!! :) Crazy strong, but likely so for the teef cost and the slow speed. The ONLY things I'd add to it would be to put on Limit 0-1 or something, and also that due to it's size needs 2 Spanner Boyz to maintain it, but that's just me. :p I'm totally putting these into my campaign!

- Cirrus

fattdex
15-01-2008, 03:27
(my kan reposted here where it is more useful!)

Killa Kan (15 teef)

A Killa Kan is bought as an armoured suit for a grot (Ork mobs only). The grot will leave any equipment it previously wielded in the Mob's stash. The fitting of the suit is somewhat Serjikal, and the grot may not be removed from the suit after it is purchased (if the grot dies as a result of his injuries in the post battle sequence, the suit and its weapons are lost as with any other gear). The Kan counts as a cybork body, replacing the grot's T and W values with AV9 and special wound rules as described on point 6 of page 84, 'Da Uvver Book'. The Killa Kan suit comes with a Power Klaw (listed below) and may purchase one Twin Linked gun, or a Big Gun from the following list: Skorcha, Eavy Shoota, Rokkit Launcher, Harpoon Gun.

Power Klaw:
Close Combat Str:6 Dam:3 Sv Mod:-3
Krump: Killa Kan's may not make boarding actions, however if a Kan charges into combat with an enemy vehicle, make an Initiative test: if failed, the Kan takes a S4 hit on a 4+ and is bounced back D3" as if it has failed a boarding action. If the Kan makes a sucessful initiative test, it has managed to latch onto some part of the vehicle with its Klaw and attempts to do its worst. Inflict D3 S6 hits against random locations on the vehicle.

The following upgrades may be purchased from Mektown for a Killa Kan:

Extra Armour Plates (4 teef each)
A Killer Kan may purchase up to 3 armour plates. Extra armour plates are welded into place giving the Kan a saving throw against penetrating hits. When a Kan takes damage, make an extra armour saving throw before testing to see if the hit takes the Kan out of action. With one armour plate, the Kan ignores the damage on 6, 2 armour plates ignore damage on 5+, 3 armour plates ignore damage on a 4+. If the armour plates fail to deflect the shot, test to see if the Kan explodes as normal.

Wrecker Ball (7 teef)
An optimistic Spanner has seen it fit to attach a large, unwieldy steel ball on a crane arm to the already unwieldy Killer Kan. When attempting to Krump a vehicle in close combat, the Wrecker Ball inflicts one extra hit on the vehicle, which penetrates automatically! The Wrecker Ball hits the vehicle and inflicts one penetrating hit even if the Kan fails it's Initiative test to Krump the vehicle.

A Killa Kan is also subject to the following special rules:

Squig Fuel Injectors:
A Kan may optionally make a test to use its Squig Fuel Injectors... at the start of the player's turn roll 1D6, on a roll of 1-5, the test is passed this turn and the Kan may add +2 to it's regular profile values for Movement and Initiative. On a roll of 6, the grot has juiced it a bit too much and the Kan flails wildly out of control. Move D6" in a random direction, the Kan may not move any further this turn but may fire as normal.
A Kan may test on any turn it wishes to use the injectors, but the roll may only be made at the start of the players turn and the effects will only last for the duration of that turn until the next roll is made.

Stompy: A Killer Kan adds +1 Attacks to the grot's profile. A Killer Kan may not be transported, and starts on the board as a vehicle would. A Killa Kan is not subject to pinning. A Kan may carry a scrap counter without movement penalty.

Klunky: A Killer Kan is not a subtle device, It can be heard stomping and whirring wildly a mile away and the Boys can easily run circles around it.
Killer Kan's do not receive any bonuses for charging into combat, and enemies firing at a Kan from overwatch do not suffer the normal -1 to hit for a charging target or an appearing/disappearing target.
A Killer Kan may not Hide. A Killer Kan counts as a Large Target.

Skills:
A Kan will still use the Cunnin' Skills table as per a regular grot, with the following change on the roll of a 5 on the table (replacing "Play Dead'')
Lucky: The pilot is particularly lucky. The Kan may re-roll its first failed penetrating hit roll. The second result stands.

Collecting Teef:
The Kan's Power Klaw is also an excellent tool for severing scrap from the desert floor. A Killer Kan can be put to work digging D6 teef worth of scrap after a game.

fattdex
15-01-2008, 03:30
(same story)

Bomb Squig (Slavers Gear) 9 teef

Bomb squigs are purchased as weapons for Slavers. A Slaver must be equipped with a Grabber Stick to be able to field a bomb squig in a game (as the slaver restrains the squig). Only one bomb squig may be fielded per slaver in your mob (Slavers will only bring one bomb squig with them each per fight, as they have a hard enough time grappling with one rabid, explosives laden squig!). A bomb squig is a one use per match weapon, but the slaver is assumed to round up another victim to strap the goods onto for the next match. A bomb squig has the following profile:

M:6 WS:4 BS:0 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:3 A:2 LD:10 SV:6+

Bomb squigs must begin the game on the same vehicle as the slaver, and if the slaver disembarks a vehicle the bomb squig must remain within 2" of a slaver until such time as the slaver chooses to release the bomb squig. Whilst a bomb squig is being restrained by a slaver, it will always move with its slaver and use its slaver's successful or unsuccessful initiative tests for special movement (see the 'Volatile' rule!).
Whilst the slaver is restraining a bomb squig, the bomb squig may never be individually targeted for shooting (but may be hit by blast or template weapons incidentally) or combat (instead, the restrained bomb squig adds to his slavers combat score, see special rule 'Vicious'). A bomb squig will stay next to its slaver if he goes down, but if the slaver is taken out of action, the squig will wander harmlessly away.

Special rule: Vicious
Whilst a slaver is restraining a bomb squig, he will always count as having an extra multiple attacker bonus in a combat (ie, in a single combat +1 attack dice and +1 combat result, as a second attacker +2 attack dice and +2 combat result etc.).

Special Rule: Volatile
If a slaver restraining a bomb squig enters combat, or a roaming bomb squig has been attacked in combat, on a roll of two fumbles (squig eyes) the bomb squig's ordnance accidentally explodes! After the combat is resolved, all parties involved in the combat will take a Strength 5 hit on a roll of 4+. On board a vehicle, only the slaver and his opponent will be hit by the explosion. In the event of accidental bomb squig explosion, the bomb squig is removed from play.

If a slaver restraining a bomb squig fails his initiative test for releasing the bomb squig from a moving vehicle that has used its thrusters, or for embarking or disembarking a vehicle that has used its thrusters, the embarking or disembarking model will instead trigger an accidental explosion and take a Strength 6 hit on a 4+, placing the blast marker over the model! Remove the bomb squig from play if any accidental explosion occurs.

Special rule: Release the squig!

A slaver may release a bomb squig in his shooting phase (or from overwatch). The slaver must make an initiative test to successfully release a bomb squig from a vehicle that has used its thrusters (see 'Volatile" special rule), otherwise a bomb squig released from a vehicle is placed as per normal disembarking rules. The bomb squig makes a special move in this phase 2D6" in a straight line towards the nearest enemy vehicle. If the bomb squig moves into contact with an enemy vehicle, the enemy player may make a swerve test with -1 Ld value. If the swerve is successful, move the vehicle away as if it had been rammed. If the swerve test is failed, the bomb squig has achieved its ultimate goal! Resolve D6+1 Strength 6 hits against the enemy vehicle.
If a released squig does find its target in the initial shooting phase, it will always run towards the closest enemy vehicle at double its regular movement rate in its movement phase. If a bomb squig moves into contact with an enemy vehicle in its own movement phase, resolve the hit as above.

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 03:34
Okay! I've streamlined it juuuuuuust a little bit. Here's the entry.

NEW VEHICLES

BATTLEWAGON - 35 teef + cost of gunz (Limit 0-1)

- The Battlewagon uses the normal trukk/trak/buggy hit location tables, except for the fact that every location gets +2 Armour.
- Battlewagons mount *lots* of big guns. Each one can take up to 3 big guns of any type, or up to 3 linked weapons if it prefers. Obviously each big gun must have it's own gunner.
- Due to their staggering size, Battlewagons inevitably require extra maintenance compared to ordinary trukks or buggies, and as such call for the attentions of two Spanner Boyz instead of just one.

Special Roolz:
- If a battlewagon is involved in a Ram, Sideswipe, Rake, Crash, Collision, etc etc etc, it will inflict quite a lot of damage on the unfortunate vehicle also involved. This means it always inflicts one more point of damage than normal on the other vehicle.
- Battlewagons are very, very heavy. This means they only get to move 3 inches for every thrust it makes (not 6 inches like a trukk or 5 inches like a trak). In addition, if it has any sort of random movement, it will move D3 inches instead of D6.
- Since Battlewagons are immensely heavy, this increases their traction significantly as they rumble over the ground and allows them to move through difficult terrain without penalty.

fattdex
15-01-2008, 04:08
cool. I was thinking that the BW could use a 4 inch thrust instead of 3, and have the same movement rules in regards to dunes as traks. Also, must come up with rules for deff rolla, and mounting really big gunz (zap kannon etc!) I'll have a go later. and If extra big gunz are going to come into play, I'll have a go at doing gunwagon rules.

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 04:45
Personally speaking, I'm gonna keep the Very Big Gunz strictly to the rare chart as they'd get ridiculously overpowered if available to everyone at that level... Also, thrusts still happen on a 4+, so 3 inches is plenty for such a gigantically powerful vehicle I think, however, 4 wouldn't be that bad, either in all honesty considering Trakks are the slowest at 5. :p The +2 to all armor is MASSIVE though (engines are at 12 and require minimum strength 6 weaponry to punch through that) and should be hindered by the ultra slow movement if anything. Those are just my thoughts at least. :) The difficult terrain thing is a very good idea for the BW though and I'm gonna add that in, but with that bonus, I'm gonna keep mine to thrust - 3 inches. Watch it... ADDED! If you do happen to make up some Gunwagon rules though, I'd like to see 'em! :D

- Cirrus

fattdex
15-01-2008, 05:00
Yeah keep huge gunz to the rare trade chart, only mountable on the wagon if you are offered one.

ooh idea...

Battlewagon- 2 spanners, AV+1, 4" thrust, 3 weapons (choice of 0-3 big guns, 0-3 TL guns, 0-1 huge gun), weapons may be mounted in any of the 4 directions, 35 teef

Battlefortress- 3 spanners, AV+2, 3" thrust, 5 weapons (choice of 0-3 big guns, 0-5 TL gunz, 0-1 Huge gun, turret mount for huge gun at +4 teef), weapons may be mounted in any of the 4 directions, 48 teef

These would pretty much be in the end game!

noww deff rolla... thinking...

fattdex
15-01-2008, 05:25
Deff rolla (Battlewagon or Battlefortress only) 10 teef

A Deff Rolla is a great spiked roller that brings the colossal weight of a battlewagon to bear on anything in its way.

Any model on foot that is sucessfully run down with a Deff Roller will take D3 S4 hits before being bounced D3" out of the way. A vehicle with a Deff Roller also counts as having a Reinforced Ram. If hit in the gubbins, a Deff roller is damaged on a 4 or more like any other gubbins.

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 05:32
hahaha Battlefortress?!?! That'd be hilarious to actually see in a campaign in GorkaMorka. :p *KABLAM!!!! SKERUNCH!!*

As for the BW with only +1 AV instead of the original +2, this makes a lot more sense as strength 6 weapons are rather scarce, or have rather crappy ammo rolls and this makes it more balanced overall, I'd say. :)

Also, for the Huge Gunz, I wouldn't really worry too much about restricting the amount you can mount on the BW besides the 0-3, 'cause they're pretty tough to come across to begin with and if someone really wants to put all their eggs in one basket (or in this case, all their best gunz on one battlewagon), it increases the risk of it getting captured dramatically anyway and even if it might be awesome when it's not captured, there's always that risk which would bring many to keep it to probably 1 or even 2 anyway. *shrug* +1 AV and 4 thrust is very decent though. Might take a bit of playtesting in the longrun to see which is better overall for balance (I'm sure the whole inch can't make THAT much of a difference... lol), but that's a really good tweak, fattdex! :D Nice work!

- Cirrus

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 05:39
Deff rolla (Battlewagon or Battlefortress only) 12 teef

A Deff Rolla is a great spiked roller that brings the colossal weight of a battlewagon to bear on anything in its way.

Any model on foot that is sucessfully run down with a Deff Roller will take D6 S5 hits before being bounced D3" out of the way. A vehicle with a Deff Roller also counts as having a Reinforced Ram. If hit in the gubbins, a Deff roller is damaged on a 4 or more like any other gubbins.

BLECCH!! D6 S5?! That's pretty frikkin' nasty! I'd tone it down a little to probably D3 S4 hits instead which is still really huge, but not as instantaneously killy. lol The ordinary hit from a vehicle is just 1 S3 hit, so you can see how D3 S4 would bring that up pretty well. Bring down the price a speck, too to probably around 10 teef instead. The rest of the rules are just great though!! :D

- Cirrus

fattdex
15-01-2008, 05:43
Hmm, after reading the new ork codex rules for deffrollas (up to 2d6 S10 hits!) I was actually considering making it instant out of action- can you imagine the mess a deffrolla would make lol

Gorkamorka ruleswise D3 S4 at 10 points is pretty good though, considering it would act as a reinforced ram too (they are normally 5). It just sounds weedy!

I know next to nobody would be able to afford the teef for a Battlefortress but hey it might happen one day. Maybe having 3 spanners on board is a little too strange for that one? maybe just 2 like the wagon.

EDIT:

Awww-right, i've formatted the big uns. posted below.

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 05:58
Keep in mind insta-out of action would be positively revolting though. lol Would also end up in a LOT of dead guys off the hop which wouldn't make for very fun times...

Reminds me of the house list Genestealer Cult for Necromunda. oooooh that was a broken list.. 1 Genestealer is bad enough to encounter, let alone 2 which are part of an opposing gang!

Strictly speaking, nothing should result in insta-kills in a skirmish game such as GorkaMorka. :p D6 Strength 5 hits practically accomplishes that, just under a different style. ;) D3 Strength 4 is still vastly more painful than a basic smack from the front end of a trukk at only Strength 3 (which sounds pretty weedy, too in all honesty, but it's realistic all the same), but it's still not too overpowered to break away into the hands of nasty players. Keep in mind that downed models are already easy prey for these as it is and imagine one of your lads in such a situation. And if it was your Nob, that'd be really really bad at automatic D6 S5 hits... You see where that's all going, eh? :p lol Otherwise, your rules for that are tight and I like them very much! :D

- Cirrus

fattdex
15-01-2008, 07:03
BattleWagon - 35 teef (Limit 0-1)

- The Battlewagon uses the normal trukk/trak/buggy hit location tables, except for the fact that every location gets +1 Armour.
- Battlewagons mount *lots* of big guns. Each Battlewagon may take a combination of up to 3 vehicle mounted weapons, mounted with a 90 degree fire arc in any of the 4 directions. A BattleWagon may purchase 0-3 Big Guns, 0-3 Twin Linked Guns, 0-1 Very Big Gun.
- Due to their staggering size, Battlewagons inevitably require extra maintenance compared to ordinary trukks or buggies, and as such call for the attentions of two assigned Spanner Boyz instead of just one.

Special Roolz:

Uge- If a battlewagon is involved in a Ram, Sideswipe, Rake, Crash, Collision, etc etc etc, it will inflict quite a lot of damage on the unfortunate vehicle also involved. This means it always inflicts one more point of damage than normal on the other vehicle.
Eavy- Battlewagons are very, very heavy. This means they only get to move 4 inches for every thrust it makes (not 6 inches like a trukk or 5 inches like a trak). In addition, if it has any sort of random movement, it will move D3 inches instead of D6.
- Since Battlewagons are immensely heavy, this increases their traction significantly as they rumble over the ground and allows them to move through difficult terrain without penalty.

Battle Fortress- 48 teef (Limit 0-1)

- The Battle Fortress uses the normal trukk/trak/buggy hit location tables, except for the fact that every location gets +2 Armour.
- Battle Fortresses mount *lots* of big guns. Each Battle Fortress may take a combination of up to 5 vehicle mounted weapons, mounted with a 90 degree fire arc in any of the 4 directions. A Battle Fortress may purchase 0-3 Big Guns, 0-5 Twin Linked Guns, 0-1 Very Big Gun. One weapon may be given a Turret Mount for +4 teef, which allows it to fire in a 360 degree arc
- Due to their staggering size, Battle Fortresses inevitably require extra maintenance compared to ordinary trukks or buggies, and as such call for the attentions of two assigned Spanner Boyz instead of just one.

Special Roolz:

Uge- If a Battle Fortress is involved in a Ram, Sideswipe, Rake, Crash, Collision, etc etc etc, it will inflict quite a lot of damage on the unfortunate vehicle also involved. This means it always inflicts one more point of damage than normal on the other vehicle.
Eavy- Battle Fortresses are very, very heavy. This means they only get to move 3 inches for every thrust it makes (not 6 inches like a trukk or 5 inches like a trak). In addition, if it has any sort of random movement, it will move D3 inches instead of D6.
- Since Battle Fortresses are immensely heavy, this increases their traction significantly as they rumble over the ground and allows them to move through difficult terrain without penalty.

Deff Rolla- 10 teef (BattleWagon or Battle Fortress Gubbins)

-Any model on foot that is sucessfully run down with a Deff Roller will take D3 S4 hits before being bounced D3" out of the way. A vehicle with a Deff Roller also counts as having a Reinforced Ram. If hit in the gubbins, a Deff Roller is damaged on a 4 or more like any other gubbins.

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 07:09
*Double Thumbs Up!!* :D

- Cirrus

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 09:30
Hope you don't mind, fattdex, but I've tweaked your Killa Kan rules slightly along with adding in a new gubbin to go with. Let me know what you think! :)

- Cirrus

KILLA KAN - 15 teef + cost of gun (Limit 0-1)
- A Killa Kan is bought as a powered suit of armor for a Grot. The Grot will leave any equipment it previously carried in the mob's stash and may not use any other weapons or equipment. The fitting of the suit is a somewhat serjikal process, and the grot may not be removed so easily from teh suit of armor after it has been purchased and if the Grot dies, the Kan is considered to be destroyed and lost to the mob. The Kan effectively counts as a Cybork Body replacing the Grot's Toughness with an Armor value of 9 and uses the same rules for taking damage and exploding as detailed on page 84 of Da Uvver Book and in this campaign supplement.

- Any mobs wanting to include a Killa Kan in their rosters must purchase the Kan Krane gubbin either beforehand or at the same time they purchase a Killa Kan.

- The Kan comes fully equipped with a Power Claw and a choice of either a set of Twin Linked Gunz, or a Big Gun of any available type. These may be kustomized by the Meks as normal.

- Killa Kans may be fitted with the Extra Armor Plates, Wrecker Ball, Big Grabba, and Loadsa Ammo gubbinz. The Kan may be fitted with up to 3 Extra Armor Plates.

- Kans count as vehicles and must have one Spanner Boy available to maintain it upon purchase. If a Spanner Boy is no longer available to maintain the Kan, it will deteriorate in the same way as a vehicle, but instead of rolling on the Permanent Damage table, it rolls on the Serious Injury table re-rolling any results of Gobsmacked, Bitter Emnity, Captured, and Full Recovery.

- Any permanent injuries sustained by a Kan may be fixed up at the Mekboy's workshop in the same way as vehicles with the difference that each piece that is being fixed is a serious injury instead of a point of permanent damage. Each serious injury is a seperate job and costs D6 teef. On a Job's a Good 'Un result the serious injury has been fixed. If a Kan is taken to the Mek's for kustomizin' and the mob gets a While we Woz at It result, a random serious injury has been fixed instead.

- Kans may never be kustomized with the Job's a Good 'Un - Vehicles section. Furthermore, a Kan may never be taken to the Doc's Serjery for any reason.

Special Roolz:

- When a Kan is in a position to be rammed, sideswiped, or raked, or if it moves within 2 inches of a moving vehicle (not stationary), it may attempt to fight it in close-combat by making an Initiative test. If the Initiative test is failed, the Kan takes an immediate Strength 3 hit as it's bashed by the passing vehicle and is bounced D3 inches away as normal. If the vehicle is considered stationary, the Kan may make it's attacks as normal. When making it's attack, this works in the same way versus vehicles as normal as it slashes D3 Strength 6 hits against randomized locations using it's Power Claw and may use any offensive gubbinz it's equipped with during it's onslaught as well.

- The Kan may also make use of it's Squig Fuel Injectors once per turn. Roll a dice each time the Kan attempts to use it's Squig Fuel Injectors. On the roll of 4+, the Fuel Injectors may be used and the Kan adds an additional +2 to it's movement characteristic and any Initiative checks taken until the beginning of the controlling player's next turn. On the roll of a 2-3, the fuel line has been clogged momentarilly and the Kan must move as normal. On the result of a 1, the Grot has juiced the Fuel Injectors a bit too far and the Kan flails wildly out of control. Move the Kan D6 inches in random direction indicated by the scatter dice. The Kan may not do anything for the rest of the turn as the Grot struggles to regain control of his Kan.

- Killa Kans add +1 to both the Grot's Attack and Strength characteristics and due to it's immense size and thick armor plating is never subject to pinning. Kans may never attempt boarding actions and take hits from ramming vehicles in the same way as a foot trooper. Furthermore, Kans may never ride on vehicles, but may be transported with the Kan Krane gubbin.

- A Killa Kan is anything but a subtle device and can be heard stomping and whirring around at great distances. Kans are also very clunky and never gain any bonuses in hand-to-hand combat from charging.

- Killa Kans may pick up and carry pieces of scrap without penalty to their movement.

- Due to their large stature, Kans may never hide, will always count as large targets (+1 to hit), and any warriors shooting at a Kan from overwatch do not suffer the normal -1 modifier to hit from an appearing/disappearing or charging Kan.

- Kans have access to the Cunnin' skill table as normal and change the result of a 5 from 'Play Dead' to 'Lucky'. A Kan with the Lucky skill has gained favor from either Gorka or Morka to keep him safe from harm within his suit of mechanized armor, guiding the Grot pilot to miraculously dodge shots at exactly the right moment. If the Kan suffers a penetrating hit, Kans with the Lucky skill may re-roll their first failed roll to explode. The second result always stands and the Kan will explode and go out of action on a 4, 5, or 6 as normal.

- The Kan's Power Claw is an excellent tool for ripping hunks of scrap from the desert floor, thus Kans working in their Fort's scrapmine will generate D6 teef worth of scrap after every battle instead of the original D3 for a Grot.

- If the owning mob of a Killa Kan bottles out without the Kan being attached to a Kan Krane, it has unfortunately been forced to leave the Kan behind to fend for itself. The Kan will suffer a roll on the Serious Injury chart on the roll of a 1-3 as the Grot struggles to survive the elements until it's mob has returned to rescue it. On a 4-6, the Grot has either managed to stomp it's way back to it's Fort, or the owning Mob has driven back to pick it up safely.

KAN KRANE - 10 teef or +5 teef to Big Grabba (Trukks, Buggies, Trakks, Battlewagons, and Battlefortresses only)

- The Kan Krane is a normally a simple magnetic crane that is used to transport Killa Kans safely across the desert for any mobs including one of these mechanical monstrosities in their rosters.

- The Kan Krane may be used to transport and carry Killa Kans on the back of a vehicle. In order to do this, the Kan must be in base contact with the vehicle and the vehicle must remain stationary for a full turn for the Krane to pick up the Kan. The vehicle may move as normal afterwards and the Kan may only make a shooting action with a -1 to hit modifier as it swings side to side from the Krane on the back of the vehicle. In addition, the Kan Krane also uses the same rules for the Big Grabba provided it is not already preoccupied with transporting the Kan.

- If the Kan wants to get off, the vehicle must stop and take a full turn to unload the Kan, after which both models may move and act as normal.

- If the Kan Krane is damaged during Kan transport, it immediately drops the Kan D3 inches away from the vehicle in a random direction and the Kan takes a Strength 4 hit as it crashes violently to the ground. If the Kan lands in front of the vehicle, the vehicle must swerve or it will smash into the Kan, inflicting a further Strength 3 hit. The Kan Krane is damaged on the roll of a 4+ like any other gubbin.

fattdex
15-01-2008, 11:59
Cool, its a bit clearer. Maybe instead of paying 4 points for just a kan krane, you could say that a trukk with a grabber claw may transport a kan in its clutches, with the following special rules? Then you get the added bonus of actually having a grabba claw on your truk, which is useful for more than just kan transport? (i'd encourage the purchase of grabba claws and wrecking balls wherever possible)

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 22:53
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm That's not a bad idea, actually! :) I took a peek through Da Uvver Book on pricing and it shows an upgrade for Spiky from 5 teef to Extra Spiky at 10 teef. Perhaps this should work somewhat the same way? Big Grabba at 5 teef and an upgrade to Kan Krane at an additional 5 teef? I like the idea of using it in conjunction very much as it makes a ton of sense that way and would save space on the back of a trukk or whatever else. Either way though, it should be a gubbin all the same to keep people from being able to buy a Kan on their very first game. :p hehe I like your idea a lot though! I was thinking of the Kan Krane looking somewhat like one of those magnetized garbage cranes, too and this wouldn't be too far off to double as a Big Grabba, considering the fact that any warriors would have enough metal on their clothing to attach rather easily to the magnet from the back of a trukk or whatever, huh?

- Cirrus

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 23:05
Added that little addition just now. I think it fits okay! Lemme know what you think, too. :)

- Cirrus

Cirrus the Blue
15-01-2008, 23:47
ACK!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT!! Those things need a Spanner Boy, dernit!! Kans I mean. :p Anything that can be fitted with gubbinz counts as a vehicle and as such needs a mechanic! The change has been made!

- Cirrus

Cirrus the Blue
16-01-2008, 00:40
Okay! Last thing for Kans. I've just put up my rules for fixin' serious injuries at the Mek's. This is important, so take a peek! :)

- Cirrus

fattdex
16-01-2008, 00:53
I purposely never counted it as a vehicle, and made its 'gubbins' just wargear to make it less complex. I don't think that you need a spanner just to babysit the kan. I reckon it's too complex now, and better left as armour.

Cirrus the Blue
16-01-2008, 01:00
You think so? hmm.. Well, it's a huge piece of equipment and taking it to the Doc's Serjery for bioniks would be even moreso, so this kinda puts some extra dampers on it to tone it down a little bit from getting too out of control. That's at least my thoughts on it though. Feel free to cut those bits out if you prefer to! :) After all, this was ultimately your idea in the first place. :p Basically those extra rules simply allow anyone who has one of these to keep them in full working condition (bioniks don't always accomplish this) along with the extra hinderance of needing a Spanner to maintain it as it's a pretty big hunk of metal and removing the Doc's as an option as that would get crazy confusing and in some cases a little bonkers. This simply keeps it as 'exactly what it is' without someone putting a set of wheels on it or other such lunacy or having it with a permanent arm, leg, chest, or head injury that's completely unfixable if you got a bad bionik which would kinda suck. It's basically word for word from the book the extra stuff I put in, but just altered 'permanent damage' with 'serious injury'.

- Cirrus

BigRob
17-01-2008, 06:50
New Gubbinz:

White Dwarf listed a few new bits , like Spikey Wheelz and the Rokkit Boosta.
Heres some of mine form the other thread:

Red paint job: 1 toof
lasts one battle, Driver of the vehicle adds +1 to Ld when making a manover test.

Smokescreen: 2 teef
One use/battle. At the beginning of movement place the scorcha template behind the vehicle with the narrow end on the smokescreen. Leave the template in place after the vehicle moves. No line of sight can be drawn through the template and an enemy vehicle tailing the vehicle using the smokescreen must test or skid out of control.

Pintle Mount: 1 toof
A big gun may be mounted on the back of a vehicle giving it a 360 degree line of sight but means no orks may be carried in the vehicle.

Fort Gunz: Cost of big gun/linked gunz -1toof
A big gun or linked gunz with the Loadsa Ammo upgrade for free. Must be mounted on your Fort and used in Fort defence scenarios.

Squig Cage (Rebel Grots) 2 teef
Once/Battle, At a point during your movement, release the squigs! D3+1 Giant squigs are released, each scattering 2D6 from initial drop off. They move2D6" a turn towards the nearest model (Friend or Foe!) on foot and attack them. If there are no models on foot they move in a random direction using the scatter dice.

Giant Squig M:2D6 WS:4 BS:0 S:4 T:3 W:1 I:3 A:2 LD:10
Giant squigs never take morale tests. The Squig Cage is refilled for free each battle.

Dust plough (Rebel Grots): 2 teef
A large plough/harrow/bit of scrap towed behind the Lugga to churn up the dust. At the end of movemnt place the flamer template behind the lugga, any vehicle covered by the template must pass a Ld test of move out of control. Due to the clogging dust, Any thrust test the vehicle takes for the remainder of the battle has a -1 penalty.
Models in reserve (ie muties etc) gain +1 on thier roll to arrive as they can see the dust plume.

Squig Gut Bow: 4 teef(Rebel Grots)
Treat as a Harpoon gun with D3+2 Strength. Rebel Grots only to give them an option other than the splattapult.

Sun Shades (Diggas): 1 toof
Ignore the High noon desert peril.

fattdex
17-01-2008, 14:37
Cyboar Mount (5 teef)

Cyboar mounts can be purchased as a mount for any Ork member of an Orks mob. Cyboars may only be purchased if there is a Slaver in your mob. Each slaver allows your mob to purchase up to 4 Cyboars. Cyboar mounted orks are placed on the table at the start of a match as a vehicle would. Cyboar mounted orks may not ride or embark on vehicles.
An ork riding a cyboar may not dismount it during the game. If an ork chooses not to ride a cyboar for a game, it may be left back at the fort like any other gear. Orks wearing Heavy armour may not ride Cyboars.

Whilst he is mounted, A Cyboar adds +2 to the riders basic Movement charcteristic, and confers an unmodified 6+ saving throw. Cyboar riders still count as a model on foot for terrain and movement purposes (with the exception of the special thrust rules as below).

Shooting
A Cyboar mounted ork may carry the normal amount of weapons allowed. He may fire weapons without penalty under normal movement, and may fire weapons with a -1 to hit if it has run or boosted.
A Cyboar mounted ork may fire attwo-handed Gun in a 90 degree arc to its front. He may alternatively fire a one-handed pistol or throw a grenade with a 360 degree arc of fire as he wheels around in the saddle, using one hand for his weapon and one hand to hold on for dear life!

Boosting
A Cyboar rider may choose to use its mounts Squig Fuel Injection system to artificially kick his pig into top gear. At the end of its normal movement, a rider may choose to test for thrusters like a regular vehicle, with a maximum movement distance of 4 inches per thrust. The rider can choose to make a leadership test to turn up to 45 degrees at the end of a sucessful thrust move as normal. A thrust move may be used to take the rider into close combat with another foot mounted model or vehicle.
If a failed thrust or turn test on the thruster buster table results in the rider being moved into contact with another model, it will count as charging into close combat (Even if it hits a friendly model!). Resolve close combat with an enemy model as normal. If the rider hits a friendly model, each model will take a S3 hit on a 4+ as their (large, rampaging) paths collide. Neither model may make any further movement this turn.

Close Combat
Cyboar mounted orks gain a +1 Strength, Attack and Initiative on a turn in which they charge into close combat. On any turn after the first, combat is fought as normal as the Cyboar has spent all of it momentum.

Cyboar mounted orks may charge enemy vehicles (from the side or rear, making an initiative test or takinging a s3 hit and bouncing back 3", fighting one crew at a time etc.) and fight their crew, however they do not actually board the vehicle, instead fighting alongside or behind it swinging wildly from their saddles. A Cyboar rider that defeats a vehicles driver or crew member does not throw them off (though remember that a model that goes down on a vehicle will fall off). A Cyboar rider defeated in combat by an enemy on a vehicle will be moved out of combat in addition to any injuries caused. Once combat is resolved, the vehicle may move away as normal in its next movement phase. A Cyboar rider may disengage from combat with a vehicles crew during any of their movement phases by riding out of contact with the enemy vehicle.

Attacking Forts
Cyboar riders may not attempt to climb fort walls, instead they will circle the fort shooting at defenders whilst trying to take down the gate!

Scrap counters
A Cyboar rider may pick up a scrap counter if it finishes its move on top of it. A Cyboar may only carry one scrap counter at a time. a Cyboars movement rate is unaffected by carrying a scrap counter, however if a thrust test is failed, the scrap counter will be dropped behind the Cyboar at the point where the test was made. A Cyboar rider that is hit and injured will drop its scrap counter.

Racing

If the Cyboar rider has ended its turn within 2" of an enemy vehicle and is facing the right direction, it may attempt to race or chase the enemy vehicle in the enemys movement phase as per vehicle rules. If the cyboar rider is sucessful in staying within 2" of the vehicle at the end of the vehicles movement, he will count as having charged a member of the vehicles crew during the enmys close combat phase.

Injuries

A cyboar rider that goes down during a game suffers the same movement restrictions as a regular model, as the boar eadbutts the ork with its snout waiting for him to pull himself together. A cyboar rider may who has gone down cannot be taken out of action automatically in close combat as the confused pig is likely to have a go at them. If a cyboar rider who has gone down is engaged in close combat, he will fight back with one attack dice, and -1 to WS and BS as if he has taken an extra flesh wound.
If a fighter goes out of action, His boar will wander the desert and eventually make it back to camp when it feels hungry. Make a note: if a fighter goes out of action, on a roll of 1 before the orks next game the Cyboar is still missing out in the desert, and may not participate in this battle. If this means that the ork boy cannot be transported in any way, it means that he must also miss the game as he takes to the blazing desert on foot calling for his pig. Both will make it back to camp in time for the next game.
When a Cyboar rider goes out of action and is injured, his mount will make it back to camp one way or another. One of the mobs slavers will attend to the welfare of the pigs, Cyboars will be ready for the next game when his rider is. If a result of captured! is rolled, they take his Cyboar with the rider. If a Cyboar rider is Killed, His cyboar has met the same fate or has fled into the desert.

Super Cyboar (Nob only, 7 teef)

A super cyboar follows all of the rules as above for a cyboar, but adds a further +1 to its riders basic movement, and on the charge adds an additional +1 attack dice. A Nob wearing Heavy Armour may ride a super cyboar.

Senbei
17-01-2008, 21:25
If you have Battlewagons... Why not Stompas ? That said, it might be easier to make feet a traction modification for other vehicles if you do...

Cirrus the Blue
18-01-2008, 01:03
If you have Battlewagons... Why not Stompas ? That said, it might be easier to make feet a traction modification for other vehicles if you do...

Stompas?! There's gotta be a limit somewhere! lol After all, these are small dozen man sized Ork mobs and not full out Waaaghs!! :p Also, Battlewagons aren't really all that ridiculously big anyway. About twice the size of a fair sized trukk. A Stompa would work in a scenario, however. There was a scenario with a Dreadnought in one of the White Dwarfs that worked pretty well and the backstory for it was that it was a piece that the Mek was trying to turn into a robot but it went berzerk and the surrounding mobs are supposed to stop it's mechanical rampage. Something along the lines for a Stompa might work out, but I don't think it'd really work all that well giving the players access to such a piece of titan-esque vehicular technology for obvious reasons. :p lol Those are my thoughts on the subject anyway.

- Cirrus

Cirrus the Blue
18-01-2008, 01:17
Cyboar Mount (5 teef)

Cyboar mounts can be purchased as a mount for any Ork member of an orks mob. Cyboars may only be purchased if there is a Slaver in your mob. Each slaver allows your mob to purchase up to 4 Cyboars. Cyboar mounted orks are placed on the table at the start of a match as a vehicle would. Cyboar mounted orks may not ride or embark on vehicles.
An ork riding a cyboar may not dismount it during the game. If an ork chooses not to ride a cyboar for a game, it may be left back at the fort like any other gear. Orks wearing Heavy armour may not ride Cyboars.

Whilst he is mounted, A Cyboar adds +2 to the riders basic Movement charcteristic, and confers an unmodified 6+ saving throw. Cyboar riders still count as a model on foot for terrain and movement purposes (with the exception of the special thrust rules as below).

Shooting
A Cyboar mounted ork may carry the normal amount of weapons allowed. He may fire weapons without penalty under normal movement, and may fire weapons with a -1 to hit if it has run or boosted.
A Cyboar mounted ork may fire attwo-handed Gun in a 90 degree arc to its front. He may alternatively fire a one-handed pistol or throw a grenade with a 360 degree arc of fire as he wheels around in the saddle, using one hand for his weapon and one hand to hold on for dear life!

Boosting
A Cyboar rider may choose to use its mounts Squig Fuel Injection system to artificially kick his pig into top gear. At the end of its normal movement, a rider may choose to test for thrusters like a regular vehicle, with a maximum movement distance of 4 inches per thrust. The rider can choose to make a leadership test to turn up to 45 degrees at the end of a sucessful thrust move as normal. A thrust move may be used to take the rider into close combat with another foot mounted model or vehicle.
If a failed thrust or turn test on the thruster buster table results in the rider being moved into contact with another model, it will count as charging into close combat (Even if it hits a friendly model!). Resolve close combat with an enemy model as normal. If the rider hits a friendly model, each model will take a S3 hit on a 4+ as their (large, rampaging) paths collide. Neither model may make any further movement this turn.

Close Combat
Cyboar mounted orks gain a +1 Strength, Attack and Initiative on a turn in which they charge into close combat. On any turn after the first, combat is fought as normal as the Cyboar has spent all of it momentum.

Cyboar mounted orks may charge enemy vehicles (from the side or rear, making an initiative test or takinging a s3 hit and bouncing back 3", fighting one crew at a time etc.) and fight their crew, however they do not actually board the vehicle, instead fighting alongside or behind it swinging wildly from their saddles. A Cyboar rider that defeats a vehicles driver or crew member does not throw them off (though remember that a model that goes down on a vehicle will fall off). A Cyboar rider defeated in combat by an enemy on a vehicle will be moved out of combat in addition to any injuries caused. Once combat is resolved, the vehicle may move away as normal in its next movement phase. A Cyboar rider may disengage from combat with a vehicles crew during any of their movement phases by riding out of contact with the enemy vehicle.

[Attacking Forts]
Cyboar riders may not attempt to climb fort walls, instead they will circle the fort, putting their weapons to good use.

Racing

If the Cyboar rider has ended its turn within 2" of an enemy vehicle and is facing the right direction, it may attempt to race or chase the enemy vehicle in the enemys movement phase as per vehicle rules. If the cyboar rider is sucessful in staying within 2" of the vehicle at the end of the vehicles movement, he will count as having charged a member of the vehicles crew during the enmys close combat phase.

Injuries

A cyboar rider that goes down during a game suffers the same restrictions as a regular model, as the boar nudges the ork with its snout waiting for him to pull himself together.
If a fighter goes out of action, His boar will wander the desert and eventually make it back to camp when it feels hungry. Make a note: if a fighter goes out of action, on a roll of 1 before the orks next game the Cyboar is still missing out in the desert, and may not participate in this battle. If this means that the ork boy cannot be transported in any way, it means that he must also miss the game as he takes to the blazing desert on foot calling for his pig. Both will make it back to camp in time for the next game.
When a Cyboar rider goes out of action and is injured, his mount will make it back to camp one way or another. One of the mobs slavers will attend to the welfare of the pigs, Cyboars will be ready for the next game when his rider is. If a result of captured! is rolled, they take his Cyboar with the rider. If a Cyboar rider is Killed, His cyboar has met the same fate or has fled into the desert.

Super Cyboar (Nob only, 7 teef)

A super cyboar follows all of the rules as above for a cyboar, but adds a further +1 to its riders basic movement, and on the charge adds an additional +1 attack dice. A Nob wearing Heavy Armour may ride a super cyboar.

I love the aspect of Cyboars!! Really opens up the aspect of Snakebite based mobs for GorkaMorka! Great work! The only things I'd change though would be to allow them to get on and off in order to pick up scrap, or clarify that they're still able to. This also allows them to climb fort walls though if they were able to get on and off and it'd open them up a little bit moreso and also makes sense especially for strictly Snakebite based mobs which wouldn't normally include any sort of vehicle above a Cyboar, too but that's up to you to decide in the longrun.

Also, there was a rule for the Enforcers gang in Necromunda with their Cyber Mastif actually protecting his downed (or even out of action) Handler within a radius of 18 inches attacking and charging as normal within that radius and so long as the Cyber Mastif wasn't also broken during the game, it was impossible for the Handler to be captured. I'd get the exact wording, but this would make a lot of sense I think. Besides those two things I'd reccommend, I'm quite impressed with these! Great job!

- Cirrus

fattdex
18-01-2008, 01:56
ooh- cyber mastiff rule sounds great, i'll read the necro rule and come up with something. I will go and edit the Cyboar post with the scrap rules, I meant to do that last night but I was posting from my wii and couldn't be bothered waiting two minutes to scroll up through the edit text :) lots of the rules are borrowed from muties. I thought maybe a snakebite warband might act a bit like cowboys and indians in a fort raid, circling round and shooting while someone sneaks in and places demo charges on the door :P

Catferret
18-01-2008, 06:23
I'm not keen on a cyboar protecting it's master. They aren't loyal pets, they are beasts beaten into submission then had limbs replaced with widgets. If the rider is knocked out I would think the boar would probably try it's hardest to make things worse and gore/stomp said former rider. Super Cyboar may be an exception.

fattdex
18-01-2008, 09:39
alright, reworded to make it less milo and otis..

I reckon you could totally do a full cyboar mounted feral mob with just those rules in place of vehicles, one slaver per 4 boars is roughly cost equal to one mek per trukk so it should be OK balance wise, I know that they can't take heavy weapons, which gives you some more points to buy another cyboar or two... But I was thinking of some rules for small squiggoths for mounting big gunz (possibly just spear chuckas and harpoon guns). just need rule ideas :D

Cirrus the Blue
18-01-2008, 10:14
Actually, I was looking up the rules of the Feral Orks for 40K and apparently they've got junker trukks that they use, but these inevitably are pretty rusty and deteriorated for lack of Meks instead of Slavers and Pig Docs, so you could probably have something like the Digga rule for deterioration and needing to take their trukks or whatever to the Mek's for maintenance perhaps? :) Also, I really like the idea of 1 Slaver per 4 Boars.

And going on the whole aspect of the Cyber Mastif rule, chalk that up to me giving the Orks obviously too much credit. lol Here's the entry for Boars:
"If an Ork is a particularily adept Trappa, then he may be fortunate enough to catch a wild boar. If the Ork is brave enough, he may be able to beat the boar into submission so that it will let him to ride on it's back. The Ork benefits from the speed and ferocity of his mount, whilst the boar, for his part in the bargain, is treated to daily gruel, a smelly sty, and the occasional smack on his nozzle with a large stick." :p

Here's the link to the Feral Ork list to give you some ideas. :) http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/feral-ork-list/1/ I think that the Feral Mobs would be a great mob choice all by itself, too! Keep the list of cyboars to their list specifically and only allow them junker trukks, and perhaps even give them their own skill line, too? This could work out really well that way, methinks! :D It wouldn't be too hard, either considering they're already Orks and would only need minimal tweaking for them to work really well in a mob choice that's easy to build and play, but still distinct and unique like Diggaz, Muties, or even Rebel Grots!

- Cirrus

fattdex
18-01-2008, 10:21
Sounds like being married to me :D

I think that since the rules already presented for cyboars give you the option of being able to exclusively run boars without vehicles, or just taking some cyboars and a trukk (making it look as junky as you like) Junka trukk rules arent really needed. This way you can self limit your choices and take only low-tech weapons, a trukk and cyboars to give yourself a nice feral ork themed force without adding even more rules (trukks end up as junka trukks after a few games anyway amirite?)

I'll see if can slam something down for small squiggoths (probably just a howdah that needs a Slaver driver, which allows you to mount a big gun and 2 twin linked guns, small transport capacity), this gives Snakebite purists something stompy to slap weapons onto without taking vehicles and the opportunity to have footers.