PDA

View Full Version : Which throne

thearchiver
14-01-2008, 12:28
I was just wondering just which Throne they are talking about in the HH novels I recall “by the throne” used four times in Fulgrim and at least once in DoA.

Now in any other SM or IG novel I would take it has being the holy golden throne, but as we all know the HH novels are set before the golden throne comes into play, and even the primarchs don’t know about it yet, so just which throne are they all talking about?

CommisarMolotov
14-01-2008, 12:46
Hmmm...perhaps the Emperor had a throne at the time, just not a super-life-support throne?

superknijn
14-01-2008, 13:27
He probably did have a literal seat of power on Terra, probably standing in the Palace as well. In such a dark, gothic universe as 40K that has more in common with a medieval setting than a science fiction one, one could expect the Big E to have his own big throne with pictures of him on it. Heck, I would assume it blindly.

pookie
14-01-2008, 15:39
its the self and same throne that he is placed in after the HH - prior to this it was a way in accessing a hiden Tunell system into the Webway ( or a version of the Webway that the emp has constructed, i maybe a little mixed up by all this fluff tho)

when Magnus of the TS tried to warn the Emp about Horus, he shaters the seals to the Palace and subsequently this webway portal/system and lets in Deamons (directly into the throne room iirc), the Emp is then forced to sit on the throne to close the portal, he then leaves it to go fight Horus and leaves the Sigilite (cant remeber his full name ) in his place who subsequently dies, and then when the Emp is returned by Dorn from Horus battle barge he arranges to be placed on the Throne to keep him 'alive' and keep the portal closed (alonside everything else it seems to allow him to do).

chaos0xomega
14-01-2008, 23:35
Yep, the throne existed well before the Emperor got taken out, although maybe in a slightly different form(didn't they make the "throne" out of his armor?)

SpaceLanceCorporal
14-01-2008, 23:43
I was going to make a bad joke about porcelain, but I'll spare you.

Wikhed
15-01-2008, 00:05
The King died on his throne in Memphis