PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing Questions

Granitearm
14-01-2008, 15:53
Two questions about fleeing came up during a Dwarfs vs. Ogres game I had this weekend. I think we handled them correctly, but I wanted to double check.

Scenario 1: A unit of Bulls flees after refusing to charge a unit with the Master Rune of Challenge. It flees towards it's board edge (I guess it should actually have fled directly away from the unit and then on the next turn towards it's board edge). On the Dwarf turn a unit of Miners pops up between the Bulls and the table edge using underground advance.

Question 1: If the Bulls continue to flee, will they flee through the Miners and subsequently be destroyed?

Question 2: Should they have fled from the unit, and then towards the table edge?

Scenario 2: A unit of Ironguts containing the Tyrant is broken by a fully ranked Warrior unit with the BSB charging it in the flank while engaged with a depleted Ironbreakers unit to the front. They flee directly away from the Warriors (who have higher unit strength). Their flee move carries them into a combat between 10 Warriors with great weapons and some Bulls.

Question 3: Are the remaining Ironguts and the Tyrant destroyed because they fled through an enemy unit with Unit Strength greater than 5?

I think I've included all of the pertinant information above. Thanks for the help!

theunwantedbeing
14-01-2008, 15:57
1. If they are in the direction of the nearest table edge, then yes(assuming they flee through failing to rally)

2. Yes.

3. You flee through units in combat, this is an exception to the normal rule.
You'll only be destroyed when breaking if you flee far enough to hit a unit you werent in combat with, or your opponent rolls a higher persuit distance than you.

Jonke
14-01-2008, 17:21
Question 1: If the Bulls continue to flee, will they flee through the Miners and subsequently be destroyed?

Yes

Question 2: Should they have fled from the unit, and then towards the table edge?

Yes, units always flee from the source that makes them flee and in subsequent turns towards the closest table edge (if there is no clear source (eg. a black orc inflicting wounds on its own unit) they flee towards the nearest table edge).

Question 2: Are the remaining Ironguts and the Tyrant destroyed because they fled through an enemy unit with Unit Strength greater than 5?

Yes

Granitearm
15-01-2008, 20:01
Well, question 1 and 2 seem to be sorted out.

Two different answers for question 3 though!

However, after having reviewed the rule book, I think we played it right. i believe the exception for combat only counts for units they are currently engaged with. So they aren't destroyed by fleeing through rear attackers, but are destroyed if they flee into a seperate combat.

Thanks for the help!

theunwantedbeing
15-01-2008, 20:04
You flee away from the source of panic/fear/terror initially.
And then when you take your test to rally, upon failing you flee towards the nearest table edge.

Granitearm
15-01-2008, 20:07
Doh, sorry!

I meant question 3. I really should have numbered better.

theunwantedbeing
15-01-2008, 20:13
Oh....that explains why the answers didnt look different to me.
haha.

Ah....I misread question 3.
I though the ogre was fleeing through the unit he was in combat with at the time.

They get destroyed as they come into contact with a us5+ enemy unit.
Sorry for the confusion....