PDA

View Full Version : Biggest "Oh crap..." moments in games (Spoilers)

Stormtrooper Clark
14-01-2008, 20:10
It's time for the daily '........ Moments in Video Games' thread!

What moments in games just made you say "Oh crap" (Or the ruder version :angel::angel:)

Call of Duty 4:

The Nuke going off.

Oblivion:

Mehrunes Dagon in the Imperial City.

Metal Gear Solid:

Liquid jumping into Metal Gear Rex.

Medal of Honor: Airborne

The RtCW Rip off- Sorry, I mean the first time you see the SS Troopers with a MG42 in one hand - Sorry but that killed the series for me...or maybe it was the zombies in Medal of Honour: Underground...*Shrugs*

And several hundred more I can't remember :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soulless Enigma
14-01-2008, 20:24
End of the orc campaign on WarCraft 3 when you realise you're gonna have to fight an army of chaos orcs led by an irate Grom Hellscream. With demonic support.

Lostanddamned
14-01-2008, 20:40
Crysiswhen you destroy the big tank on the aircraft carrier, and then the actual final boss shows up

floyd pinkerton
14-01-2008, 20:42
the bioshock plot twist. "oh crap" sums it up perfectly:D

the whole MGS series was pretty "oh my..." hopefull it wont be PS3 exculsive so it sells!:D

The Guy
14-01-2008, 21:01
Every time ypu turn a corner as a marine in the AVP games. Sums it up nicely

The pestilent 1
14-01-2008, 21:35
Every time you do pissing well anything as a marine in the AVP games. Sums it up nicely

Fix'D for accuracy of the tension that bloody motion scanner caused.

... Freespace 2, but, well, I've mentioned the SJ Sathanas and the GTVA Colossus enough times before I think :p

Oh, The Lucifer in Freespace 1.
Whoah crap.

cpl_hicks
14-01-2008, 22:02
Doom 3 as soon as the game starts.

Kaze
14-01-2008, 22:15
Starlancer:

When the Krasnya warps in to your flagship's position and you have to take it down.

When you enter the last mission and see the Ion Cannon's activated.

Homeworld 1:

The Gardens of Kadesh: your Hyperspace module ceases to work and you have to fight the Guardian's giant mushroom mothership.
The next mission: you have to fight 3 of the giant mushroom motherships :cries:

The start of the 14th mission.... to those who remember - :D To those who don't: sphere of ion ****ates :P

Lithanial
14-01-2008, 23:02
The start of the 14th mission.... to those who remember - :D To those who don't: sphere of ion ****ates :P

hah that was quite funny. but rather easy. just lured them out in clusters and stole theyre entire fleet with salvage corvettes :evilgrin:

the better homeworld "oh crap" was cataclysm. once you knew what the beast was and what it did you were loathe to ever send ships anywhere near the blasted thing.

dr.oetk3r
14-01-2008, 23:41
Fix'D for accuracy of the tension that bloody motion scanner caused.

... Freespace 2, but, well, I've mentioned the SJ Sathanas and the GTVA Colossus enough times before I think :p

Oh, The Lucifer in Freespace 1.
Whoah crap.

Quoted for Truth.

Love FreeSpace :cries:

der_lex
15-01-2008, 00:17
Guitar Hero 3... seeing the note charts for 'One' or Raining Blood' on hard for the first time (not playing on expert yet). 'Is that even humanly possible?' was the reaction of me and those around me. Finally beat them both, but now I'm facing The Devil Came Down to Georgia...which doesn't give me 'oh, crap' feelings, but more something akin to a whimper of quiet despair :D

Lt.Bradford
15-01-2008, 00:24
Assassins Creed:

Having to kill someone in Richard's camp, in the Middle of the Battle of Arsuf.

And the views in the game.

Forbiddenknowledge
15-01-2008, 10:11
Assassins Creed:

Having to kill someone in Richard's camp, in the Middle of the Battle of Arsuf.

And the views in the game.

After wading through a good deal of soldiers first...

CoD4 - the nuke. Nuff said. If only you didn't have to rescue that damn woman.

Halo 3 - the jump at the end... on a mongoose.

Bioshock - first time I took on a Big Daddy and he lumped me one, nearly killing me in one hit.

Cade
15-01-2008, 16:39
In Cossacks, the first time one of your huge 196-man regiments gets wiped out in one round of grapeshot from enemy cannon.

Makes you cry.

Arnizipal
15-01-2008, 18:13
Oblivion:

Mehrunes Dagon in the Imperial City.

Yeah I remember that. At the time my character was pretty damn tough...
so I though "how bad can he be?" And it turns out he's the size of a three story building! :eek:

Baldur's Gate II:

Kangaxx the Demi-Liche. First he's a regular (but tough) Liche. With some trouble you can kill him only to make him instantly come back - only better.

F.E.A.R. :

Every time you get static on your screen/radio. It's how you know the freaky ***** will start.

Rorschach
15-01-2008, 18:31
Halo 3 Multiplayer: Sniping players in maps with lots of hiding places.... seeing somebody who's just about to head shot you.

Oblivion: The part with the giant siege engine thing that attacks Bruma through a gate. Learning that Mehrunes Dagon can't be killed "by mortal weapons". Weird, as I had a Daedric Longsword, and you'd think that'd kill him with a few (hundred) good whacks.

theunwantedbeing
15-01-2008, 19:43
Being stuck in the face by a plasma grenade on halo.
Amusing nontheless....still an oh crap moment, especially for the guy who just killed you and wasnt expecting it ^_^

The pestilent 1
15-01-2008, 20:03
Baldur's Gate II:

Kangaxx the Demi-Liche. First he's a regular (but tough) Liche. With some trouble you can kill him only to make him instantly come back - only better.

F.E.A.R. :

Every time you get static on your screen/radio. It's how you know the freaky ***** will start.

Pbbbt Kangaxx? Easy.

The "Twisted Rune" cult were pretty nasty (One of them sporting the fabled, staff of the Magi)
But for truly "Oh crap" Moments...
DEMAGORGON IS FREE!

Arnizipal
15-01-2008, 20:36
Pbbbt Kangaxx? Easy.
I knew someone was gonna say that. :rolleyes:
After you've defeated him for the umpteenth time he's rather easy to deafet yes, but the first time I re-assembled him was quite a surprise.
Especially the "thank you for killing me, now I'm much stronger" bit.

The other two you mention were indeed unpleasant ones (especially the Twisted Rune, where I wandered in by accident and you can't leave until you defeat them or die trying).

RavenMorpheus
15-01-2008, 20:43
Almost getting to the end of the DoW WA campaign and then running out of battery power on my laptop...

That and realising I've only got 10% health and no bullets left on Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough...

The pestilent 1
15-01-2008, 20:50
I knew someone was gonna say that. :rolleyes:
After you've defeated him for the umpteenth time he's rather easy to deafet yes, but the first time I re-assembled him was quite a surprise.
Especially the "thank you for killing me, now I'm much stronger" bit.

The other two you mention were indeed unpleasant ones (especially the Twisted Rune, where I wandered in by accident and you can't leave until you defeat them or die trying).

Aye, it is a bit of a shock I'll admit, but compared to Demagorgon (especially if you had the "Upgraded" version) Just blew that fight right out of the water.

Being tricksy and getting two Rings of Gaxx was awesome though :D

superknijn
15-01-2008, 20:51
Rainbow Six Vegas. You save a guy from a cool hostage with helicopter, and suddenly the scy-scraper in front of you explodes. Not too mention the guy with the literally boiling blood.

Knights of Requiem
16-01-2008, 08:36
In COD 4

When your in the Chinnook flying away when the nuke explodes...

I was like...EGAD!!!!

Then the following bit of gameplay, that was Oh Crappy for me

Rabid Bunny 666
16-01-2008, 09:27
Amen for the COD 4 nuke, but even more so with the Sniper flashback, EGADS! On the middle difficulty its hard, but on the hardest...

The Guy
16-01-2008, 10:21
Amen for the COD 4 nuke, but even more so with the Sniper flashback, EGADS! On the middle difficulty its hard, but on the hardest...

I'm SO close to the end of that. Where you have to wait for the chinook. It was right there! Why can't I just leave the captain? He slows me down :cries:

Neknoh
16-01-2008, 10:39
First time beating Ganondorf in Legend of Zelda.

I got down the tower, YES! ¤brarum¤ what the.... ¤starts walking, slooowly¤ Hrmm... ¤fwooosh¤ What the ¤Ganon appears¤ . . . :eek:

Knights of Requiem
16-01-2008, 10:52
Why can't I just leave the captain? He slows me down :cries:[/I]

That'll make you popular if you ever join the military...lol...

Biggest...OH GOD NO!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO YOU DIDNT...NO...GOD DAMN YOU!!!

moment was when the USMC guy died. WHAT A WASTE!!! He was my favorite of the characters, well not him persee, but his LT was awesome, and his campaign was the most fun IMO!!!

Did anyone else have his guy collapse looking at something cool.

He collapsed for me whilst looking at a dead marine, i think it was the LT. I was like...Damn...

oh,

and btw,

Spoilers!!!

Rabid Bunny 666
16-01-2008, 10:56
Mine died after i fell out of the helicopter and crawled towards the nuke.

Corrupt
16-01-2008, 13:35
Yeah
First I saved woman and im all "Oh yeaaaah"
Then we get nuked...but Im still alive and Im like "Ooooh yeah"
Crawled out all injured n burnin and see dead allies and start thinking "what happens now? Do medics appear and save me? DO I have to crawl/fight my way out all injured and burned and with fuzzy screen...nope I just died"

Price dying aswell
That whole sequence.
Just slomo and bad guy walking up. I think Im screwed as Jackson was then BANG theres a pistol in my hands

Lord Kaiaphas
16-01-2008, 20:19
It was right there! Why can't I just leave the captain? He slows me down :cries:

Yeah.. and he managed to get spotted a few times before me when you have to lay completely still and the enemy walks past you with tanks and searching footmen :mad:
Very annoying in arcade mode

Yeah
First I saved woman and im all "Oh yeaaaah"
Then we get nuked...but Im still alive and Im like "Ooooh yeah"
Crawled out all injured n burnin and see dead allies and start thinking "what happens now? Do medics appear and save me? DO I have to crawl/fight my way out all injured and burned and with fuzzy screen...nope I just died"

Price dying aswell
That whole sequence.
Just slomo and bad guy walking up. I think Im screwed as Jackson was then BANG theres a pistol in my hands

I was quite glad the nuke got off: finally the bad guys use theor nukes, so i looked forward to sneaking out of the radiation infected area.. 1 meter later i dropped dead :(

And the last sequence? I actually missed the shot on my first go so i had to do that whole road chase again to kill the guy and end the game.

Neknoh
16-01-2008, 20:50
remember people, "Holy ¤BLEEEP¤" moments as in "I... am... so... screwed now" :p

nurgle_boy
16-01-2008, 22:39
FF10, trying to go along the mushroom rock road, and running into the dark magus sisters...
"oh theres someone following me... oh look up there... oh...."
"...."
"...oh crap..."
*magus sisters hit once for 99999 to each character*
"...."
"...oh..."

so many restarts on that.
again in FF10, when fighting yunalesca, and you have a character in the zombie status to avoid her Megadeath, and you use a megalixer on the whole party... "Oh... balls..." *game over*

yes, yes, I'm a FFanboy, so I'll put some more from the other games in-
FF8- when squall is Iceicled by Edea.. more of a "wait... wha... oh god!"
FF8- when you are in space and you have to line rinoa up dead central in the screen, and you are a millimetre off... "awww craaaaaap!"
FF8- when you read the rinoa is Ultimecia Theory online... "OH CRAP!"
FF8- the whole missile base sequence
FF9- the end sequence where zidane runs off the edge inside the Iifa tree, and falls a few hundred feet. "ah crap" i thought...
FF9- after beating trance kuja, and Necron shows up, and uses neutron ring crippling your party "oh crap..."

thats about it from me...

Gensuke626
17-01-2008, 02:29
Portal...starting the Final Puzzle...

polymphus
17-01-2008, 04:23
The final sequence of Half Life 2: Episode 2. First one strider comes with one hunter, then one strider with two hunters. Then two striders with three hunters each at totally different places. After that, it starts to get crazy.

SwordsofChaos
17-01-2008, 06:31
The first time I faced a flamethrower in Overlord. I was completely unprepared and had just slaughtered a village of dwarfs and snuck past a rock giant, and this one single little dwarf shows up witha flamerthrower. He is busy frying squigs, so I think I´ll rush him. A few seconds later all my minions (I had 20) and myself is a steaming pool on the ground. That was scary.

sainthale1988
17-01-2008, 10:52
the first time a zombine in half life 2 ep 1 pull out a grenade and charges at you.

Knights of Requiem
17-01-2008, 11:03
Getting hit by a nuke doesnt qualify as HOLY S&*T IM SO SCREWED???

I figure that be pretty much top o the list?

Tamoio
17-01-2008, 21:31
Serious Sam: When the final boss appears (and is ten stories tall) :eek:

17-01-2008, 21:53
Not so much an Oh crap moment, but a jaw hitting the floor. That twist in the orginal Knights of the Old Republic ...

And for the 'Oh crap' moment any time you make a noise on Thief: The Dark Project - just as you're sneaking past a guard ...

The Guy
17-01-2008, 22:05
The end of act 1 on gears of war. The gear that runs away gets pounded round the corner and ripped to shreds. All you can do is :eek: What the &$%£ IS that thing?!?!

dr.oetk3r
17-01-2008, 23:14
Geometry Wars when you're getting swarmed by a bajillion shapes.

chaotic
18-01-2008, 04:47
this happened while 2 friends and i were playing DoW WA on a LAN game, it was on into the breach with 1 com player on standard, we had all agreed to kill it first and to not attack each other for the first few minutes. about 2 minutes into the game one of my friends gets attacked and asks for help, i say: if he can't hold 'em off let him die. so both my friend and i leave him be, then he dies. about 1 minute after that my other friend gets attacked and asks for help, i say the same thing to him, he dies, a few minutes later some of my units start to get attacked, then this HUGE chaos force comes out of the FoW, my first thought: "ohhhhh crap"

biggreengribbly
18-01-2008, 12:59
Serious Sam: When the final boss appears (and is ten stories tall) :eek:

Damn I hated that thing.

Never did kill it either, even with the hinky 'jumping through the hoops' space-laser thing. As soon as I got his health anywhere near death, he just breathed-in and regenerated it. :mad:

theunwantedbeing
18-01-2008, 13:07
Putting a long piece vertically instead of horizontally on tetris.....especially when it's starting to get very very fast

TheDarkCrusader
18-01-2008, 14:05
In Homeworld 1
When they throw that giant asteroid at you, took me about 2 attemps to kill the dam thing.

Nephilim of Sin
18-01-2008, 15:32
Setting the AI script on Starcraft to 'insane'.... I still vaguely remember the description: "This setting will school you on playing Starcraft".

About ten minutes in, you see why.

warboss48
18-01-2008, 19:54
My first fight against a Regenerator in resident Evil 4, when you don't have the scope to kill it yet. I unloaded all one hundred shots in my TMP (or TNP I can't remember) before realizing it wasn't even slowing down.

Corrupt
19-01-2008, 11:15
My first fight against a Regenerator in resident Evil 4, when you don't have the scope to kill it yet. I unloaded all one hundred shots in my TMP (or TNP I can't remember) before realizing it wasn't even slowing down.

Hehe
I had my trusty riot gun, so I just blasted all its limbs off several times before giving up and grenading it

BarbedHawk
19-01-2008, 12:24
It's a shame this game doesn't get much publicity, but EU 3 when you get your first BB war.

"England's declared war on me? I can handle that."

England's allies Portugal and Cologne have joined them against you.
France declared war on you!
France's allies Brittany and Provence have declared war on you!
Austria has declared war on you!
Switzerland, Venice and Savoy have joined Austria in war against you.
Spain declared war on you!
Navarra and Sicily have joined Spain in battle.
Poland has declared war upon you!
Lithuania and Sweden have joined their ally!
Munster, Norway, Denmark, Tuscany and the Papal State have declared war upon you!

Oh. Crap.

Kosh One
19-01-2008, 12:29
Definitely the plot twist in Bioshock. I just didn't see it coming.

-fen-
19-01-2008, 13:00
Just about every moment in AVP2 as the Marine is chock-block full of 'Oh you're ____ me! Oh No.' moments. Even now, years later I haven't found any other game which actually makes me not want to walk around the next corner. Especially on Hardcore mode - one life per level? Eeesh!

If only the movie writers had lifted the plot direct from that game...

TheSonOfAbbadon
19-01-2008, 13:06
It's a shame this game doesn't get much publicity, but EU 3 when you get your first BB war.

"England's declared war on me? I can handle that."

England's allies Portugal and Cologne have joined them against you.
France declared war on you!
France's allies Brittany and Provence have declared war on you!
Austria has declared war on you!
Switzerland, Venice and Savoy have joined Austria in war against you.
Spain declared war on you!
Navarra and Sicily have joined Spain in battle.
Poland has declared war upon you!
Lithuania and Sweden have joined their ally!
Munster, Norway, Denmark, Tuscany and the Papal State have declared war upon you!

Oh. Crap.

Who were you playing as?

And what did you do, kill the pope and defecate on his corpse!?

BarbedHawk
19-01-2008, 15:43
Who were you playing as?

And what did you do, kill the pope and defecate on his corpse!?

:D I wish.

I was playing as Burgundy. To be fair, I had annexed a lot of the small german nations and Scotland, and I'd been in non stop fighting thanks to fidgity neighbours.

Saying that though, I can only understand France and England. It was the biggest over reaction I've ever seen in the game, my BB was about 12 out of 33. In my spanish game, after I annexed Aragon, Granada, Navarra, Morocco and Algeria I went up to about 32 out of 33, and I never had any BB wars....

The Guy
19-01-2008, 21:30
:D I wish.

I was playing as Burgundy. To be fair, I had annexed a lot of the small german nations and Scotland, and I'd been in non stop fighting thanks to fidgity neighbours.

Saying that though, I can only understand France and England. It was the biggest over reaction I've ever seen in the game, my BB was about 12 out of 33. In my spanish game, after I annexed Aragon, Granada, Navarra, Morocco and Algeria I went up to about 32 out of 33, and I never had any BB wars....

What games this? Sounds fun :p

When you put your dagger in the sands of time on prince of persia. Everyone mutates. Crap.

Soulless Enigma
19-01-2008, 21:39
On a similar note, the first Dahaka sequence in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. And then on the alternate ending when you find out you have to kill the damn thing.

The Guy
19-01-2008, 21:44
King Kong- Every time you get chased by the V Rex. You just hear it's coming then you see it and let out a sharp profanity...

Soulless Enigma
19-01-2008, 21:45
King Kong- Every time you get chased by the V Rex. You just hear it's coming then you see it and let out a sharp profanity...

Amen to that. Beating 'em as Kong made it all so much better somehow, though ;).

The Guy
19-01-2008, 21:54
Amen to that. Beating 'em as Kong made it all so much better somehow, though ;).

I hated playing as Kong. It was dull. Being JAck was much better. Because you hardly stood a chance :p

cpl_hicks
19-01-2008, 23:00
Just about every moment in AVP2 as the Marine is chock-block full of 'Oh you're ____ me! Oh No.' moments. Even now, years later I haven't found any other game which actually makes me not want to walk around the next corner. Especially on Hardcore mode - one life per level? Eeesh!

Ive not played AVP2 only number one, but i could never get far in that game. If you want a game like that i would suggest Doom3, i got it when it came out and i still havent completed cause its freaking scary.

Also in Tomb raider 1, when you have to kill the T-Rex.

Gaz
19-01-2008, 23:34
Definitely the plot twist in Bioshock. I just didn't see it coming.

Aye, that was an interesting one.

My first run in with a big daddy was rather scary. But once you've got AP rounds, the joke is on them :D

Yorkiebar
20-01-2008, 22:29
More anger-inducing than scary: Talking to First Citizen Lynette in Fallout 2.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
21-01-2008, 13:19
Dungeon Siege II
When you find the final boss in his chamber,
It's kinda like "OMG BOSS WITH BIG SWORD (that sundered the world) vs .. random adventurer with a non-equippable shield)
:sad:

The Guy
21-01-2008, 16:19
I was playing F.E.A.R. earlier [to try and prove to my 9 year old brother who is too scared to play it that it isn't scary] and I saw a ladder and everything was fine and dandy. Until I cilmb down it and on the ledge where I was just standing stood that freaky girl. That was rather scary.
And then, I went through a door after a lot of weird messed up stuff happened. Then my brother says "Close the door behind you" and as I turned to close it it just slammed right in my face without me pressing anything. That was a more "Oh crap how the hell did you know that would happen??" :mad:

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
21-01-2008, 16:26
^have heard of that occurance many times

Shamfrit
21-01-2008, 16:54
The ending to FF12...

SwordsofChaos
22-01-2008, 16:01
[to try and prove to my 9 year old brother who is too scared to play it that it isn't scary

F.E.A.R IS scary, don´t try too prove anything else to a 9-year old.

On-topic, the first time I met the scarab in Halo 3 was a bit of an "oh... crap..." moment.

The pestilent 1
22-01-2008, 17:13
I was playing F.E.A.R. earlier [to try and prove to my 9 year old brother who is too scared to play it that it isn't scary] and I saw a ladder and everything was fine and dandy. Until I cilmb down it and on the ledge where I was just standing stood that freaky girl. That was rather scary.
And then, I went through a door after a lot of weird messed up stuff happened. Then my brother says "Close the door behind you" and as I turned to close it it just slammed right in my face without me pressing anything. That was a more "Oh crap how the hell did you know that would happen??" :mad:

There are some real bastard moments in that game.
I was attacked by a shadow once.
Well, I say attacked, it moved and I opened up on full auto and tore the entire office complex apart with high velocity shells, but still.

The Guy
22-01-2008, 20:37
F.E.A.R IS scary, don´t try too prove anything else to a 9-year old.

Lol it's to lure him into a false sense of security ;) Yea I'm cruel :p

Dino crisis. The big window. The T-rex. You know what I'm talking about ;)

BarbedHawk
22-01-2008, 21:16
Dino crisis. The big window. The T-rex. You know what I'm talking about ;)

Christ, how could I have forgotten that. :D :D

Freak Ona Leash
24-01-2008, 11:13
When this massive horde of Orks descended up on my poor Guardsmen in Dawn of War.

Now, this isn't an "Oh crap" moment for me, it's one for the Orks. Because literally 120 guardsmen (around 10 squads maxed-out with nade launchers and each one with either a Priest or a Commisar) makes everything in the game esplode. My computer froze up for a moment due to all the bodies flying around.

colonel c
24-01-2008, 20:28
talking to sovereign in mass effect. that one conversation turned the entire game on its ear and made everything seem so insignificant.

His Master's Voice
24-01-2008, 20:48

Yeah, good one.

HL2-Episode 2, when you fight 4 or 5 Striders and 10+ Hunters all at once and you can't be everywhere.

The Guy
24-01-2008, 20:53
Area 51...all of it.

anarchistica
25-01-2008, 02:04
It's even funnier when everyone uses spies on you and revolts and pirates are everywhere.

The first time i played Europa Universalis 3 (that's the game, The Guy) i had a serious "oh crap" moment. My entire army (12K cavalry) was busy in Meso-America and due to my not paying attention some truces ended and Burgundy (powerful armies) and England (powerful navy) declared war on me. I had no money and my army had to cross the Atlantic watched by England... took me a while to recover. I didn't learn from it either, had something similar happen as Austria later on.

Baldur's Gate has several Oh crap moments. The first time you run into basilisks. Returning to Ulgoth's Beard after completing Durlag's Tower. Balduran's Isle conclusion/Sarevok's installment. The first time you run into the Twisted Rune ("wtf is this, i can't do anything and that mage is casting all these spells"). The first time you turn into the Slayer. Fighting Yaga-Shura (a Giant with a freaking army of Giants). Facing the Ravager. Demogorgon was pretty interesting too.

The best "oh crap" moment ever was seeing Diablo for the first time in Diablo 1. The guy is 3 stories tall, brings a huge army and sets the ground below you aflame. Him, and the Butcher. Scary.

Leviathan
25-01-2008, 08:58
Hello,

Have to agree with that.
Aproaching the corner on the moving platform you see the picture on the wall of cake with an arrow pointing round the corner.

Me: 'Yeah! I get my cake now!'

You round the corner on the lift and are faced with a furnace that it slowly descends towards.

GlaDOS: 'Congratulations, the test is now over. All Aperture technologies remain safely operational up to a temperature of 4000 degrees kelvin. Rest assured that there is absolutely no chance of a dangerous equipment malfunction prior to your victory incandescence. Thank you for participating in this Aperture Science computer aided enrichment activity. Goodbye'

Me: 'Oh Shi....'

lol Great game.

LeggoMeEggo
26-01-2008, 05:09
Geometry Wars being so close to getting a high score you can taste it but then a shape spawns on top of you

HobbitTank
27-01-2008, 07:06
Halo 3, Snowborne map, customized to have almost all the respawn points located outside that line of gun turrets, where you're not supposed to go....still gonna kill that person...

Randallw
27-01-2008, 08:50
I have had Crysis for a few days and the biggest "oh, crap" thing is that the "g" button for grenades is next to the "f" button to pick up stuff. Several times I've dropped a grenade when I intend to pick up stuff.

Also I was sneaking through the forest cloaked when two guards walk past. I am almost out of power so I sprint for a tree. There are two more guards on the other side. So I'm stuck in the open standing still. I wait till I'm almost out of energy then grab one and shoot the other. That and earlier when I suddenly realise i've blundered into half the KPA patrolling the forest just before the cave.

Dakkagor
27-01-2008, 09:21
Worst oh crap moment for me? Playing C&C3 recently ad just watching Scrin airial assaults materialise out fo the fog. One particular mission doesn't even have the base next door producing them , its offscreen reinforcements that just keep coming. You just get done with the last one and breath a sigh of relief and start piecing your base together, and suddenly it starts raining plasma again.

Damn Scrin.

Oh, and the super weapons in C&C. The brotherhood nuke is especially horrid.

The pestilent 1
27-01-2008, 13:07
Worst oh crap moment for me? Playing C&C3 recently ad just watching Scrin airial assaults materialise out fo the fog. One particular mission doesn't even have the base next door producing them , its offscreen reinforcements that just keep coming. You just get done with the last one and breath a sigh of relief and start piecing your base together, and suddenly it starts raining plasma again.

Damn Scrin.

Ha.
I cheat and move the trucks over by the GDI lab, Scrin hardly ever go that way :p

Did it on Hard that way.

Neknoh
27-01-2008, 15:39
Speaking of Command and Conquer:

Red Allert 2, against a host of computers on a high difficulty, computers aren't allied with eachother.

Now, for some reason, fifteen minutes into the game, I hear "Warning, nuklear launch/Weathe controll detected/activated", and they stack so quickly the voice starts lagging. I pick up my command centre, grab my troops and starts getting the hell out of my base in case one or two have targeted me.

Then, the mushroomclouds and stormclouds start to appear all over your base, before the seven computer armies sweep in together to deal with what's left.

Similar would be Defcon, when you reach defcon 1 and you basically go "Ok, I'm keeping full controll on the enemy, they can't get to me now, I'll fire" ¤switches silos to Firing-mode¤ That instant, three submarine fleets emerge in the pacific and carriers launch Bombers from the north, allthewhile I see all of their silo's being activated and my fleet just ran into a fleet of destroyers. Reaction.... nothing, don't do anything and watch as you loose... after a long drawn out "Holy...." as you see those subs emerge

Corrupt
27-01-2008, 15:58
Similar would be Defcon, when you reach defcon 1 and you basically go "Ok, I'm keeping full controll on the enemy, they can't get to me now, I'll fire" ¤switches silos to Firing-mode¤ That instant, three submarine fleets emerge in the pacific and carriers launch Bombers from the north, allthewhile I see all of their silo's being activated and my fleet just ran into a fleet of destroyers. Reaction.... nothing, don't do anything and watch as you loose... after a long drawn out "Holy...." as you see those subs emerge

Greatest game ever.
Nothing says "Oh crap!" like incoming nuclear warheads you have no counterstrike ability to

Kandarin
30-01-2008, 07:29
The first time you fight the Hunter synths in Half-Life 2. They have insane resilience and firepower, massive speed, and they can go anywhere you could go, so you can run but not hide. They blow through your cover like cardboard, then charge through after you.

It's terrifying. Admittedly, it'd have been less so for me if I'd known how to use their flechettes against them, or that a certain weapon special kills them in one shot.