PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Points Tzeentch Pure Beasts

branchwrath
25-09-2005, 07:22
I have finally designed a list I feel will be really fun to play with and have a good chance of winning. I really love the BoC list and would love feedback on this list as much as possible as I'm considering cementing it for a tournament.

Thanks in advance.

Unferthing the Mystic
Beastlord w/mark of tzeentch, Chaos armour, crown of thorns, the goretooth, enchanted shield, Scimitar of Skultar (325)

I know this seems like a strange combination of Magic Items, but they all serve specific purposes... But for the most part, the very idea of a Beastlord getting off the Bears Anger would be absolutely devastating in combat. :D

Groth Blue Horn
Wargor BSB w/mark of tzeencth,Pelt of the Dark Young, Dispell Scroll, heavy armour (209)

Slan Bloodhoof
Wargor w/mark of tzeentch, bloodhunt horn, trollhide armour, great weapon (184)

Pretty much just used for added combat punch, I think he'll go with the Tzaangors...The bloodhunt horn is an amazing item that potentially really punish your oponent for optional fleeing...

CORE

20 Strong Beast Herd (12 Gor, 8 Ungor) full command (141)

Some of the most tactically flexible units in the game...I think one will go in ambush along with all the hounds...

Chariot (85)

Chariot (85)

5 Chaos Hounds (30)

5 Chaos Hounds (30)

19 Tzaangors w/full command, mark of Tzeentch, Tzeencth banner from HoC book (328)

Special

5 Centigors w/shields, throwing axes, command (145)

Rare

FireWyrm of Tzeentch (75)

FireWyrm of Tzeentch (75)

Total: 1,994

branchwrath
26-09-2005, 04:33
BUMP

Please comment!! I'm dying here!:(

backslide
26-09-2005, 04:45
looks fine, note you can't combine the effects of the magic sword with bears anger.

I would suggest another herd or 2 even if they are small as they are very useful.

I think your Tzaangors are to big you should make the unit smalleer to make it less of a target a unit of minotuars for punch would be good to.

branchwrath
26-09-2005, 04:51
Hmm...I was unaware of the magic weapon Bears Anger thing thanks...I think maybe bringing the Tzaangors down a bit would be a good idea...

backslide
26-09-2005, 09:50
just to get more units and hitting power as it is it's all in one place.

may be a small unit of ogers or minotaurs, and you could prolly fit in some more herds.

Muffin Man
27-09-2005, 22:39
So if you can't use a magic sword with bear's anger, maybe consider switching over to pha's illumination (also no magic weapon allowed, but it's the default lore of light spell)? I believe it's the one that doesn't allow the opponent to use magic weapons against you :skull: . Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure you won't be hitting as hard as with Bear's Anger though.

WhiteStar
28-09-2005, 20:03
Ok! Thanks for posting on my list! Here's some views from me on your list.

1. I think you could cut some points of your characters. And unless you really have something personal against the Staff of Change, I highly recommend it. It's so good it's stupid.

2. A fourth character would be nice. I have something like 650 points in charcters....with max levels and staff of change + 3 dispelscrolls. This means you can cover alot more ground with your magic.

3. Tzaangors are ok - but they have one problem -> Psychology. They have ld 7 and no re-roll. Points are better spent on -for example four Minotaurs of Change and some other goodies.

4. Screamers are awesome! Get some!

5. I like your use of Spawns - keep'em!

Hope this was of use to you!

Nekharoth
30-09-2005, 04:55
So if you can't use a magic sword with bear's anger, maybe consider switching over to pha's illumination (also no magic weapon allowed, but it's the default lore of light spell)? I believe it's the one that doesn't allow the opponent to use magic weapons against you :skull: . Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure you won't be hitting as hard as with Bear's Anger though.

beasts can't use the lore of light. only beasts, shadow or death (or nurgle, tzeentch or slaanesh if given the appropriate mark). the bear's anger spell in this instance is given by the goretooth magic item.

Azhrahg
30-09-2005, 09:11
I started out playing a tzeentch beast list, but quickly found out that at tournaments they aren't very good. Fear causing enemies will tear your army apart, as you cannot depend on any of your units to fight them.
At least in Denmark Vampires are the most used tournament army, and adding all the other armies with multiple fearcausing units (ogres, beast of chaos, Daemons, Khemri to name a few) you will have a lot of games where your troops will be looking fearfully at the enemy in the turn you want to charge, and then be charged themselves the next turn.

If you want to play T anyway (and I can understand why) you need more units that are reliable against fearcausers. Your chariots are good with rerolled ld, and one or two more would be great.
I would suggest scrapping the bestigors (too risky with ld 7), the firewyrms and the centigors plus making the number of gors and ungors in your units equal. This will give you 641 points!
Instead I would take a chariot, two units of three minotaurs with great weapons and mark of T, and three dragon ogres with great weapons and light armour. This leaves 13 points but if you could scrape together 17 more get another unit of hounds.

This army will be much faster and hardhitting than your current army, as well as more reliable against fearcausers.
The hounds act as sacrifical units. Move them straight in front of a strong enemy unit but at an angle. Move your hardhitters so they can charge the enemy unit whether it overruns the dogs or stays put.

This is of course a lot of new investmenst if you don't already have the models, but you don't have to go all the way - even a few more fearcausers will make your life a lot easier. My experience has taught me not to expect anything from the otherwise brilliant beastherds when fighting fearcausers. I mainly use them for flank charges I can live without, and diversion.

Azhrahg.

branchwrath
01-10-2005, 04:36
Wow, thank you so much for your insight...You've given me quite a lot to think about now...Once again, much obliged Azhrahg. :D

Tormentor of Slaanesh
01-10-2005, 21:29
yes have the minotaurs. have more spawn!!!!