8 High Elves with elven blades: 80
8 High Elves with elven bows: 88
8 Men of numenor with shields: 64
Elrond: 170
Isildur: 100

What do you think of it?

djdaltski
15-01-2008, 13:45
its alright but the army is limited to the scenarios you can use them on.:skull:

Beragond
15-01-2008, 13:45
You can use them on any scenarios, I asked the guy at my local GW :)

djdaltski
15-01-2008, 13:46
you cant use it against a army with aragorn

Beragond
15-01-2008, 13:47
you cant use it against a army with aragorn

Yes you can, you can use it wth anyone that is good

djdaltski
15-01-2008, 13:47
plus you cant use them on the decent battles from the films:mad:

Beragond
15-01-2008, 13:49
I have used them in scenarios without being told that I cant use them

djdaltski
15-01-2008, 13:50
any way elves are overated they can never be that good as a basic elf is almost as good as faramir

Beragond
15-01-2008, 13:51
They are not overrated, they are "The Best fighters in middle earth" according to the rulebook :)

djdaltski
15-01-2008, 13:52
i dont mean on any account thier bad fighters but better than heroes from other places come on

Beragond
15-01-2008, 13:53
They are better than some heroes but not better than others, which is I think correct

djdaltski
15-01-2008, 13:53
who set up this queer space marine post system?:p

Beragond
15-01-2008, 13:54
I think your a bit off topic there djdaltski. If you have a problem make your own topic somewhere else :)

Kroot Lord
15-01-2008, 14:45
ERROR! ERROR! DOUBLE POST! ERROR! ERROR!

I won't comment on dj at the moment, he is getting quite off topic and I wouldn't want to make him discuss going off topic or not and therefor making it going even further off topic.

The list:

You have too many points, unless you are playing 502 point games. I also suggest to add a point cost, saves repliers like me time and you might get more replies and comments.

The army is illegal, I would go and buy the Legions of Middle Earth book and have a good look in there as to what you are and are not allowed.

You have 26 models. My Spider army almost has that many models (including Broodlings though), my Hobbits have twice as many (to the limit of 50 ofcourse) except thrice as much might, (more then) twice as many bows and a magic hero.

Even if the army didn't break any rules twice it isn't very good. You need spears and more numbers. I would also drop the Elven blades completely.

Pitalla Crimson
15-01-2008, 16:16
ofcourse is not iligal!:mad:

Lotr wasdesigned good vs bad and before legions of middle earth you could have elves leaded by a dwarf etc...

Besides in the legions of middle Earth I think it says somewhere that this is to help you theme your armie but that is not necesarly obligatory, due to lotr has been designed to be an apocalipse style of armie wich means everything you got vs everything you got but with same point costs ofcourse.

for example this is my list:

8 warriors of numenor with shields
4 warriors of numenor with shields and spears.
4 high elves with shields and spears
8 high elves wth bows
5 high elve cavalry with shields and lances (elniath)
Elledan with horse
Elrohir with horse.

and I entered a tourney in a GW store and I had 0 complains, well except my armie was way too powerful hehehe.

Kroot Lord
15-01-2008, 17:08
Dude, I am very sorryfor you, but I am playing by the official Games Workshop rules. I have got to disagree that LotR was made for apoctolyptic battles. It was not, it was meant for skirmishes and hero battles, not 3000 point and 200 turn games.

You might have gotten 0 complains, but from now on any official tournament uses the LoME and ORB rules, nothing else, so you will have to change unless ofcourse you don't want to play in official tournaments.

I myself play in tournaments that aren't official, but we have been using and still are using the official rules that Games Workshop published since they came out. And we use them for a reason too.

Pitalla Crimson
15-01-2008, 18:57
I disagree with you there, Lotr was made with the apocalypse them with these I am not talking about huge battles but to mix armies for example in the two towers days you could have a bunch of uruk-hai leaded by sauron or a ringwraith, or simply having a men of numenor armie being leaded by an elven captain or even legolas.

Wath I mean is that my armie that I presented on my last post was tematic, last alliance theme and elledan and elrohir are high elves so I dont see why they couldnt be there, maybe they where born after that great war but still my armie could represent a force of a later age.

I feel sry for you because so far I have had 0 complaints, besides my armie is thematic and not ridiculous mixed isnt?

Kroot Lord
15-01-2008, 19:31
Why are you sorry for me? Because you have had 0 complaints? I really don't care, but I would like to know why you are feeling sorry for me. Or is it just you trying to down-grade me?

Sure, the army is thematic, sure it isn't a ridiculous match (the same thing), sure it isn't cheasy or power gaming or whatever you want to call it, the fact is that it is just not legal in any official tournament! You might have had 0 complains, but if you want to enter in any Grand Tournament feel free to tell the organisers that your army is thematic/not ridiculous/non cheesy/non powerful, but you will not be allowed to play with it.

Apocalypse was never even thought of when the Games Workshop games developers were thinking of making LoTR a real table top game.

I think if you were to do a survey about what people would prefer more (700 point Grand Tournament forces or 2000 points battles) almost everybody will agree for the smaller games.

I am also quite sure that if you ask one of the game developers, he would say that LotR SBG was meant for smaller skirmishes and battles rather then huge battles.

Beragond
15-01-2008, 20:04
I agree with Pitalla Crimson. I have now been to three battles using this army and asked one of the staff members last week weather this army was illegal and he told me that it was perfectly legal to use. He also said I needed spears, which I agree I do. Non of the staff or other LOTR players have complained about my army saying it was illegal.

GabrielAngelos
15-01-2008, 21:15
Clarifying what all the other bozos on here are saying.

This list is illegal when playing Legions of Middle Earth as each contingent, Elves and Numenor, have to count their bow limit from their respective lists.

This list is perfectly legal if you are NOT playing LoME scenarios.

The End.;)

Rodman49
15-01-2008, 21:36
Clarifying what all the other bozos on here are saying.

This list is illegal when playing Legions of Middle Earth as each contingent, Elves and Numenor, have to count their bow limit from their respective lists.

This list is perfectly legal if you are NOT playing LoME scenarios.

The End.;)

Clear, succinct and to the point. The post is seconded.

Pitalla Crimson
16-01-2008, 05:51
when I mean apocalypse I am not talking about the rules for mass battles but in the concept of using all your models you got and the only division was good vs evil.
I am making this point cause I am seeing alot of people making such big deal on lome while it shouldnt.

However to me it doesnt matter since I never make crack armies.

Also my armie aint illigal, in lome it says that a high elve armie can ally with the men of numenor.

Kroot Lord
16-01-2008, 08:23
If you read the beginning of the book it states quite clearly that you must have a hero to lead each faction. Your twins can lead the Rivendell/High Elf faction, but to ally with Numenor you must have a hero.

If you want to play in a tournament organised by Games Workshop that is official (along with many other tournaments), you MUST use the Legions of Middle Earth rules exactly as the rules are written with the exception of the point cost mistakes that the writers have made (Bat Swarms 20 points instead of 35 for example, or horses only 1 point)

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/tournaments/pdfs/lotr-gt-pack-2007.pdf

For example, the LotR GT 2007 rules pack. States you must use Legions of Middle Earth in that tournament

Beragond
16-01-2008, 09:06
So basically I have Elrond to lead the High Elves and Isildur to lead my numenor. So it is legal then

Kroot Lord
16-01-2008, 09:35
Yup, you do, it is very legal in that way, but not in another- it costs too much (I calculated 2 points to much) and you need to have 33% bows per faction, not over the whole. So you would not be allowed to have more then 5 bows in the ELven faction (16 Warriors= 5.333333= 5 Elves with bows) and 2 in the Numenor faction (8 Warriors= 2.67= 2 Men with bows)

The "problem" I have with Numenor is that the really awesome hero, Elendil, costs 180 points if you want to have him tooled up like he is meant to be (up to 8 kills per turn!) which is alot in 500 points, plus you want to add Elves too which costs another 65 points at the cheapest.

Maybe you should try a cheaper hero for the Elves to give yourself more men, or focus on just a single faction?

Beragond
16-01-2008, 09:57
How about Glorfindel, he is good and he is a lot cheaper than Elrond :)

Kroot Lord
16-01-2008, 13:32
Yes, Glorfindel is an excellent choice! Awesome everything and even some anti magic!

With the 30 points left over (or if you decide to get the cheaper one, 40) you should get some extra Elves.

I'd try to get a front line of Elves with shields followed by a line of Numenorian with shields and spear and then as many archers as you can fit behind them too.

Beragond
16-01-2008, 14:02
I really need to get some High Elves with Spears becuase they are good and they have defence 6. I could spend the left over 30 points on them

Pitalla Crimson
16-01-2008, 20:46
so to make it legal I would need a numenorian hero aswell? Like a captain of numenor.

Rodman49
17-01-2008, 01:18
so to make it legal I would need a numenorian hero aswell? Like a captain of numenor.

Correct. Every different "Army" list you choose must be led by a hero. And every army list must abide by its own internal bow limit (remember Grey Company are the only ones who do not have this problem, although they have other restrictions).

You are correct in your assessment that originally LotR was more a "bring your collection of good to fight my collection of evil" but it seems with so many players coming from Fantasy and 40k GW wished to make LotR more like those systems for tournament play. Which is fine I guess, you'll still have the most fun with the scenarios from the new Journey Books if you ask me.