PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine switching chapters, wrt the Black Templars

jma037
15-01-2008, 22:06
Hi,

I want some feed back for an idea I had for my Black Templars. What are the general feeling on a space marine switching chapters? And will the black templars accept another marine from a different chapter to join them?

Can you think of an situation where a marine will want to join the templars and have the templars accept him?

The other day I found the very first marine model that I've painted. It's painted dark green. I play BT now, so I painted the templar cross over it's shoulder pads. I want to explain it's exsistance in the crusade.

I'm thinking something along the term of last uncorrupt trooper in a lone squad led astray by a corrupted sergeant, joins the templars out of dispair..etc

HELP!

Quentin
15-01-2008, 22:11
I think I've heard of instances where Chapters that have been utterly gutted during a campaign, where there just aren't enough survivors to justify rebuilding the Chapter, have been disbanded and thier consituent elements incorporated into other Chapters, usually within thier own "lineage". I.E Successor Chapters etc.

Feor
15-01-2008, 22:12
Only time I could think of it working would be if he was the last surviving member of a IF successor chapterthat had been wiped out right down to the Geneseed. THEN he might try and join the Templars, if they happened to be in the neighborhood.

Easier way to explain it is a Black Templar freshly returned from an extended crusade on some jungle Death World, where the marines had been forced to resort to geurilla warfare, so painted their armour dark green to give them a modicrum of camoflage.

jma037
15-01-2008, 22:37
I figure that the BT have such a strong crusader knight theme, will it be possible for a marine from a different chapter to be "knighted" by the marshall and join the BT for a while to redeem some past failure before returning to their chapter.

PondaNagura
15-01-2008, 23:41
other than the wiped out idea, IF sucessor, i could see their being a penitent from another chapter, allowed to assist in a Crusade for redemption...either by personal choice or inflicted.

dr.oetk3r
15-01-2008, 23:46
I believe the Scythes of the Emperor were inducted into the Ultramarines. So it does happen.

Just say Brother _______ of the Dark Angels is fighting with the Black Templars indefinately as a sign of good will between the two chapters.

Khaine's Messenger
16-01-2008, 03:14
What are the general feeling on a space marine switching chapters?

Marines are rare enough that extended fraternization between them, much less identifying with the causes of others, is a complicated affair. And considering your specific example, he'd better not be part of the Inner Circle. But extraordinary circumstances can be as ordinary as you like....

And will the black templars accept another marine from a different chapter to join them?

The Templars are crusaders. I think they would gladly accept another Marine by their side in the cause of their particular crusade...but they would not believe it necessary to "convert" him, and that marine probably wouldn't feel the necessity to convert, either. So-called "crusade" forces of mixed chapters are not unheard of.

I want to explain it's exsistance in the crusade.

The armor could be a crusade loaner, or possibly a suit of relic armor acquired on one of their crusades. The person in the armor needn't bee a Dark Angel even though that's what his colors suggest.

I'm thinking something along the term of last uncorrupt trooper in a lone squad led astray by a corrupted sergeant, joins the templars out of dispair..etc

Could just be the last survivor of a larger crusade force who's waiting for the moment to rejoin the Dark Angels since requesting personal transport would be rather selfish. Could be a Dark Angel who's politicked himself into a crusade to look for certain other black-armored space marines.... In a tight spot, though, your explanation is fine.