PDA

View Full Version : All corsairs list

nieto666
16-01-2008, 16:49
Ive been looking at the new modelsfor the corsairs of umbar. this is what i think i want to do with the list im going to come up with
2 box sets of the corsairs of umbar
2 blister of bosun and captain
1 blister dalamyr
4 blisters of corsair arbalesters
3 blisters of halve trolls
this will run a pretty descent penny but its the list i wan to run so its the list ill go get:chrome:

Frobozz of the Nine
16-01-2008, 17:19
Ive been looking at the new modelsfor the corsairs of umbar. this is what i think i want to do with the list im going to come up with
1 blister dalamyr
this will run a pretty descent penny but its the list i wan to run so its the list ill go get:chrome:

That's alot of stuff. Have you considered using any Haradrim or Mahud models in combination with Corsairs? You might not need so many Corsairs if you took that approach, but that's up to you!

Beragond
16-01-2008, 17:38
How many points is all of that? That will be expensive in money and points. Can you have two Bosu'uns? I thought that Bosu'un was the persons name.

nieto666
16-01-2008, 18:00
actually i thought that dalamyr was a charcter heres the description of the bosun and captain blister
he men who rise to the command of a Corsair ship are generally the most ruthless warriors in the fleet, rather than those who command the greatest nautical ability. In Corsair raids, as in many other things, victory goes to the strongest, but a Corsair captain must be able to mercilessly quash any challenges from within his own ranks as well.

Discipline aboard ship falls to the fleet bo’suns, who impose order through brute force (and the threat of brute force). The relationship between a Captain and his bo’sun is generally an uneasy one, for the Captain relies on the bo’sun to keep the crew in line, but knows full well that the bo’sun has one eye on deposing the Captain and claiming his ship. During an attack the bo’suns are the captain’s lieutenants, directing his raiders to where the most damage can be inflicted
i can have more then one in my army:) and the price tag is something like around 200 dollars for this army. ive easily spent almost that much on my dwarfs almost.

nieto666
16-01-2008, 18:04
anyways i dont intend to be able ofield this army until June or July of this year. Last year i got too carried away and started like 5 different armies, Moria, Mordor, Arnor, Dwarfs, and burdur and his band of orcs and trolls. this year ive settleed on doing 1 army The Corsairs of Umbar and do some touch ups on my other armies.

Beragond
16-01-2008, 18:19
I was thinking before Christmas about starting a Corsair army, but then decided to go with the elite High elves and men of numenor to make a last allaince army, which has done good for me so far =)

Kroot Lord
16-01-2008, 19:51
Nobody can comment yet on the list, we do not know the stats apart from the points, neither do we know the special rules.

Beragond
16-01-2008, 20:00
Someone told me that they wood be similar stats to Wood elves, except they hit on 4 plus. I don't know if that was true or not, but that would be good if they were like wood elves :)

Rodman49
17-01-2008, 00:29
1 blister dalamyr

Looks like it would make a solid 700 or 750 point list. I would personally drop the Half Trolls as I don't like the models - and pick up Reavers instead, I think they are F5 with 2 Attacks.

nieto666
17-01-2008, 05:59
really?? was unaware of that little note

Kroot Lord
17-01-2008, 06:40
They are? FV5? Damn, that is high!

All I know is that they have a FV of 3 or 4, a Strength of 4 (IIRC), defence 3, Courage 2 or 3, Bosuns are like banners, captains have FV5 S5, arbalestars (unsure of spelling) have D3(6) and crossbows and that was all.

From what I can see though it looks like quite a solid list. You have quite alot of models, and with those 12 Arbalisters should be able to do alot of damage, too.

Catferret
17-01-2008, 19:30
Having seen the rules for Dalamyr today I can safely say he is a very good choice. Not much Might but lots of Fate and some great combat stats and abilities.

In fact, combine that with the awesome model and I've decided to add a small contingent of Corsairs to my Easterling army just so I can have Dalamyr.

Beragond
17-01-2008, 20:09
Where did you see Dalymyr's rules? I thought they only came out with the Harad book?

Kroot Lord
17-01-2008, 21:04
He probably means that he saw the book in his Games Workshop (they get them early) and was allowed to flick through it.

Anything you can say about him?

nieto666
18-01-2008, 04:54
Ohh ho i cant wait but i really dont have much of choice. hey are those half trolls worth taking or should i leave them out??

Catferret
18-01-2008, 07:17
Beragond gets a cookie. Yes, I saw the book briefly yesterday when the samples came in. Didn't look at the half trolls, I was just curious as to what Dalamyr did because I like the model.

I'll have another look later when I go to the shop. I won't post any statlines but I'll at least be able to tell you how they compare to other units.

For anybody with a WD subscription, you should get it very soon and it has Dalamyr's skills, abilities and statline, but no points cost. It's in Legions though.

nieto666
18-01-2008, 16:57
very good then i have nothingto worry about:)

darkstar
18-01-2008, 18:35
Ah, the half trolls are part of the far harad list, so to take them you'd need a tribemaster or King

nieto666
18-01-2008, 18:41
hmmm nah ill leave em out and get some more arbalesters or perhaps something a little more specilized inclose up fighting. see the idea is we want to do a coastel assault. all i need to do is find the right scale ships and do some, hopefully, easy conversions. what is the scale for lotr mini 1/30 or something like that???

Kroot Lord
18-01-2008, 18:47
1/30? Nah, you woul have warriors less then 1 meter/3 feet walking around. More like 1/52

nieto666
19-01-2008, 05:02
yeha 1/52 sounds or 1/50 seeing how a goblin stands 1" he'd be about 50" tall so yeah i guess that makes sense.

Kroot Lord
19-01-2008, 08:49
I just said 1/52 because most scale models are on 1/14, 1/32, 1/52, 1/58 (I think) and 1/72, so 1/52 seemed more plausible then 1/50.

I'm also not sure if GW even though about making them on scale, I don't think so actually.