PDA

View Full Version : Who would win?

njfed
16-01-2008, 17:39
Ever wonder which single Warhammer 40K model is the best at close combat? I have. That is why I spent way too much time programming a combat simulator to find out the answer. The results of my madness can be found by clicking on the link in my signature or here:

http://home.comcast.net/~njfed/oneonone.htm

Comments? Let me know what you think.

Edit: If you read all the way through, I explain how the battle works. I will be working on the special characters and squad combat as time permits. Expect something in 4-5 months. :-(

Also, I realize this is just a snapshot of the whole game. To say that one is better than the other in all cases would not be valid. I am really looking forward to adding squad combat for this reason.

Grazzy
16-01-2008, 17:52
Impressive. I think that i am going to start using that GK master of mine more often...

The Song of Spears
16-01-2008, 17:54
You mean just dropping a model vs. model in CC? Or do they have to run at each other from 24" away? If not running then the Nightbringer owns all...

W0lf
16-01-2008, 18:04
erm if running the nightbringer owns even more...

S8 ap1 shot?

Yeah your dead.

No special characters eh? Just for the fun put abbadon in, i reckon hed win :P

The Song of Spears
16-01-2008, 18:27
erm if running the nightbringer owns even more...

S8 ap1 shot?

Yeah your dead.

No special characters eh? Just for the fun put abbadon in, i reckon hed win :P

Assuming abaddon doesn't roll a 1 for number of attacks with his deamon weapon :P Even then the nightbringer gets 4+ to ignore the wounds, where as abaddon gets nothing against the nightbrigners attacks... that would be a good fight. :)

intellectawe
16-01-2008, 19:20
I don't trust the results. Yes I am a DE lover, but for good cause.

The Archite Lord is hands down one of the best CCers around. I beat demon princes and Tyranids on the daily. I don't think I ever lost her to one of those enemies.

Did you give the Archite a mask? Did you ONLY giver her the choice for +1 attack, or did you use her 're roll misses' drug also? She always goes first, so even against models like GK's she would slaughter.

Did you take into account her Wych Weapons for some of the combatants?

Probably the only critter she has issues handling are the Necron Gods. But then again, so does everyone else :)

osickx
16-01-2008, 20:00
wraithlords cant have a brightlance, shuriken cannon and a wraithsword. 2 out of the three at the most.

sorry

Ex-Blueshirt
16-01-2008, 20:29
Never tell me the odds. Who would win is the model with an owner that's sold his soul to the devil for good dice rolls.
If i had to choose, Ghazghull's pretty mean. 2+ inv for a turn!

Baltar
16-01-2008, 20:36
I feel like this would be even more interesting with special characters included.

EmperorEternalXIX
16-01-2008, 20:54
It's too bad the grand master doesn't get true grit, eh?

njfed
16-01-2008, 21:08
wraithlords cant have a brightlance, shuriken cannon and a wraithsword. 2 out of the three at the most.

Opps, that should say shuriken catapult. The data is correct, I just wrote down the wrong thing. You will notice that the points are correct for brightlance, shuriken catapult and a wraithsword.

njfed
16-01-2008, 21:23
Did you give the Archite a mask? Did you ONLY giver her the choice for +1 attack, or did you use her 're roll misses' drug also? She always goes first, so even against models like GK's she would slaughter.

Did you take into account her Wych Weapons for some of the combatants?

The lord has so many options there was no way I could program them all. I tried to pick a likely basic selection. Combat Drugs I limited to always gaining +1 attack. With the Agonizer and a high WS, most of the other combat drug options were pointless. I did program in the wych weapons effects. I did not add a mask because it would complicate the combat too much.

So a more expensive lord would do better. I do want to go back and try some other combat drug options with the lord, but this was the best way to include one.

Ddraiglais
16-01-2008, 21:37
I think I'd put my money on the named bloodthirster that FW put out. He's kinda tough in HTH.

The UnNamed One
16-01-2008, 21:54
Hes a special character though, Angaarath The Unbound.
Personaly if special characters were thrown in, id like to mention the upcoming Tzeentch Greater Daemon from FW

intellectawe
16-01-2008, 21:54
I admit, the mask is a bit much yeah.

The +1 attack is standard, but so is the re roll misses. Add that one in there as well. All other options are kinda moot.