PDA

View Full Version : Strigoi

dijit80
16-01-2008, 17:49
Well last night I saw Val Helsing and got really inspired by the whole vampire thing again. I've always thought the Strigoi were the most interesting of the bloodlines, so I've wondered about basing an army around them. Somehow skeletons and zombies don't fit my idea of strigoi too well, so I was thinking a force based around:
Strigoi vampires
Dire Wolves
Ghouls
Bat Swarms
Fell Bats
I basicly want a very 'feral' feel to them. This army obviously lacks any ranked units which is a big problem, but I seem to remember seeing someones Grand Tournament army that seemed to be very similiar, though maybe with Black Knights as 'super dire wolves', an other idea could be to model somehting as werewolves. Anyone know if it can make a reasonably effective army? Or have any other ideas?

theunwantedbeing
16-01-2008, 17:53
It'll work fine.
Ranked units arent a problem when you have the speed and manoverability to simply negate any ranks your opponent may get, plus your vamps have a good enough killing power.

From Shadows
16-01-2008, 17:55
First off, you may want to hold off and see what the new army book holds.But using the old book you could always do the "flying circus" list that being a vampire lord,and 3 thralls all with wings/ (bat form) and use lots of ghouls, bats wolves, and black knights.But again i would wait to see waht the new rule book will be like.

dijit80
16-01-2008, 18:14
I'd wait for the new army book, there's no point planning something just yet. I found the link to that guys army I talked about:
http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Results_Coverage/Minneapolis/WHFB/Eric_Hagen/interview.htm
Pretty amazing models I'm sure you'll agree.

Leogun_91
17-01-2008, 15:29
There is rumors that Ghouls will be rank and file. And since all vampires may use all powers in the future a strigoi with wolf form might feel nice. And the new Warghulf will fit in perfectly.

heinrichvoncarstein
17-01-2008, 16:27
:pyeah..... what he said

Zoolander
17-01-2008, 17:31
There is rumors that Ghouls will be rank and file. And since all vampires may use all powers in the future a strigoi with wolf form might feel nice. And the new Warghulf will fit in perfectly.

I can't wait!! :p

captaincortez
17-01-2008, 18:37
I was planning a strigoi force that makes use of models from the orc and goblin range. Savage orcs as ghouls, goblins as zombies, savage orc shaman as a necromancer...really feral looking.

Leogun_91
18-01-2008, 06:40
I can't wait!! :p

Patience young blood drinker.

Itīs not long.

Lyonator
18-01-2008, 08:49
fast, hard hitting army with no rank bonuses?
that could work
cough*woodelves*cough

:)

I like the idea, especially since Vamps are way more killy than most of my elven Character options.