PDA

View Full Version : Held the new Harad book today

catsrule23
16-01-2008, 22:01
Hi,
just got back from WW over in nottingham.they had the new harad book in there and i got to sit down with it for 10 mins or so.So heres what i know:
Mahud King
fight value:5
strength:5
Courage:4
All mahud are fight value 4 and strength 4 , and also all have access to blowpipes.
As suggested earlier the mumak has new upgrades and has an official crew list.Reavers are just FV:5 with two attacks.same with watchers of karna, exept fv4 and resistant to magic.
Raiders now have warspears that count as lance on horseback and spear on foot.
Thats all for now folks
Hope you enjoy

Rodman49
17-01-2008, 00:21
Nice! Thanks for the updates, what about scenarios, what type of scenarios are in it? And what kind of terrain stuff does it have in it? (Since they will be releasing all the stats in PDF files the scenarios and terrain stuff is what I'm personally interested in.)

Pitalla Crimson
17-01-2008, 01:15
so the mauhud are like human uruks now?
thats really overdoing it, it seems they ran out of ideas and they didnt wanted to do another cheap horde style armie.

Rodman49
17-01-2008, 01:19
so the mauhud are like human uruks now?
thats really overdoing it, it seems they ran out of ideas and they didnt wanted to do another cheap horde style armie.

I am a little disappointed to see them have such high stats also, but I really like the idea how they play differently than other armies with their 1 Courage and interesting Bodyguard mechanics. That being said it seems like that would more fit some of the Orc variant armies . . .

nieto666
17-01-2008, 06:01
didnt happen to get a glance at the corsairs did u????

darkstar
18-01-2008, 02:13
I had a good goosey. Corsairs have high fight, all have throwing weapons, but pitifully low defence.

Funniest thing in the book is Dalamyr's smoke bombs. They're low strength throwing weapons that can transfix, but because of Dalamyr's Bane of Kings rule, if he fails to wound with it, he has to re-roll it. I'm loving the idea of him dunking his ingenious smoke grenades in (as described in the BoK explanation:) "virulent poison". That's gotta sting; not only does he blow smoke in your eyes, but anthrax too.

nieto666
18-01-2008, 04:51
sounds like good times to me!!

Elvani
18-01-2008, 16:49
Anything on the arablesters? Do the camels do anything? Or do they just look good?

nieto666
18-01-2008, 16:58
im also interested in those halve trolls if they are even worth my time effort and money?!

darkstar
18-01-2008, 18:25
The camel cavalry without doubt the hardest hitting shock cavalry in the game. 3 S4 attacks with lances, and one S4 "impact hit". The Arbalesters are crossbowmen with a hefty defence bonus against ranged attacks. Pretty impressive. Half trolls function like low courage berserkers on speed. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but you can put them in mumaks now and have commando rappelling lines.

Unlike some of the supplements for LotR, it looks like Harad is going to become a very competitive and interesting choice.

nieto666
18-01-2008, 18:33
oh no way dude!! so many more options man i cant wait to get my grubby little hands on this book~~

Kroot Lord
18-01-2008, 18:35
Commando rappeling lines? This should be interesting!

Those Trolls are 11 points, IIRC from LoME (or 15)

darkstar
18-01-2008, 18:37
They're a fair bit more than that in the harad book, trust me on that one.

Kroot Lord
18-01-2008, 18:42
Aha, LoME mistakes strike back.

Ah, still interesting!

C-Coen
18-01-2008, 19:37
Thanks for this info mate, it sounds really great!
First supplement since FotN worth buying..!
Even tough I didn't like Harad very much (I did like the camel mini's and plastic raiders, mahud not bad either), this sounds so cool I might get some.
Those camels are way harder than I had exspected, just badass.
The raider rule is one of the smartest things I heard so far.
This really promises to become one of the best armies around..!

Lord Gordonis
18-01-2008, 19:49
Camals are very nasty, a str4 hit on the turn they charge b/c of the mumaks tusk on the side of them. +3d for the arbalasters to become d6.

Ex-Blueshirt
18-01-2008, 21:14
The warspears for raiders is about damn time. Takes me to my happy place.

Beragond
18-01-2008, 21:16
Please can you tell me the defence of a Corsair warrior, I have been dying to know this for ages weather it be 3 or 4

Rodman49
19-01-2008, 00:13
Please can you tell me the defence of a Corsair warrior, I have been dying to know this for ages weather it be 3 or 4

Gotta be 3, they seem to be like Evil's version of Wood Elves, high fight but low defense.

nieto666
19-01-2008, 04:55
def of 3 kinda weak there hope they are buffed up in other areas!!

Kroot Lord
19-01-2008, 08:29
They are with higher strength and fight value.

Beragond
19-01-2008, 08:35
Gotta be 3, they seem to be like Evil's version of Wood Elves, high fight but low defense.

Ohh thats ashame, i thought they were going to be four because some of them appear to be wearing leather armour which i thought they woud say as light armour and get a defence bonus

Kroot Lord
19-01-2008, 08:51
You shouldn't always assume bu what the models are wearing, what stats they get.

For example the Vault Warden team's Foe Spear dwarf shouldn't have that defence.

Dwarf Standard defence is 4 (without anything on), and if you would look at that model by your means he should have Defence 7 (heavy Dwarf Armor, +3)

I think a D3 army is another nice addition!

Lord Gordonis
19-01-2008, 10:08
The corsairs(sp?) are d3 base with access to a shield so D4 in total, half trolls are F5, D5, 2W, 2A, C1 and 22pts each with access to two handed weapon for 3pts. Mumaks can take extra things like the dragon, tough hide +1D to D8, rapelling lines, and some other bits I can't remember. Dalyamar(sp?) = smoke bombs = nasty character killer, eg, faramir, madril, cirion.

LG

darkstar
19-01-2008, 10:51
def of 3 kinda weak there hope they are buffed up in other areas!!
like all of them having throwing weapons, yeah, i hope so too.

Catferret
19-01-2008, 12:07
Although the Mahud sound tough they have Courage 1 and the Heroes can't use Stand Fast. Instead, Mahud auto pass any courage check if a Mahud King or Tribesmaster is within 12" and the hero is already in combat. Break the force and they run unless you have priority and engage them. Don't know why you'd do that when you can just watch them flee...

Dalamyr is nasty and a competent fighter barring his low Might. The Corsairs are cheap. Reavers are quite vicious, if a little easy to kill. Arbalesters die in combat. They are unarmed and therefore at -1. They may Shield in combat but lose the Defence bonus from the Pavise. If you can get close to them then they are in trouble.

Comedy mistake in the book is Bo'suns hit on 4- instead of 4+.

C-Coen
19-01-2008, 16:01
As the warriors seem to have the same level of armour as Arbalesters do, and if Arbalesters have 6-3=3...
However, their warriors do have 'shields' (altough I'm not sure whether they'll count as shields)...

Catferret
19-01-2008, 16:15
The basic Corsairs may buy a shield. It does exactly what you'd expect from a shield.

C-Coen
19-01-2008, 19:23
The basic Corsairs may buy a shield. It does exactly what you'd expect from a shield.

Right, could have been that it was special (as the size was somehow different from the ones we saw before). Y'know, only granting the shielding ability, no Defence bonus, or vice-versa.

Well, at least this makes them more different from the Wood Elves.

Catferret
19-01-2008, 21:26
First up, get rid of the statlines and points costs. They breach Warseer rules. There is a reason nobody had posted them before.

Secondly, the Mumak upgrades only apply to Mumaks from Far Harad. Not any Harad Mumaks.

nieto666
20-01-2008, 04:42
well im still going to do my all corsair list it'll just mean they are easy to kill, heck even easier to kill then goblins. gonna have to use some different tactics with those smelly stinky pirates!! corsair reavers??? havent seen the model for those guys yet.

Pitalla Crimson
20-01-2008, 05:01
so mauhud warriors are cheaper than berserkers , only cause they got less courage and no 2handed weapon? LOL.

those guys are human uruk-hai.

wath so special about the cammels? they spit on the enemie?

Rodman49
20-01-2008, 09:07
First up, get rid of the statlines and points costs. They breach Warseer rules. There is a reason nobody had posted them before.

Yeah, but GW is going to post them anyway, so its not like we should worry about it.

Catferret
20-01-2008, 11:51
Yeah, but GW is going to post them anyway, so its not like we should worry about it.

But that's there choice to make, not ours. That and Warseer can be closed down if the offending items aren't removed.

wath so special about the cammels? they spit on the enemie?

They cause an automatic S4 hit when they charge in due to the tusks tied to the sides of them.

t-tauri
20-01-2008, 13:50
Please do not post complete statlines, point values or extensive rules quotes.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition

darkstar
20-01-2008, 15:05
havent seen the model for those guys yet.
I don't think there are any. I believe they might be conversions.

They are unarmed and therefore at -1.
I didn't notice that. Does it specifically state unarmed?

Catferret
20-01-2008, 15:25
I don't think there are any. I believe they might be conversions.

Or maybe the models just haven't been shown on the web yet. ;)

I didn't notice that. Does it specifically state unarmed?

If I read it correctly, yes. Not having the book to hand I can't double check, but it was something we all discussed at the time because it was quite a shock.

nieto666
20-01-2008, 17:22
the point cost does seem a little high to for A corsair 7 pts a model with nothing is kinda expensive...........i just like the idea of haveing pirates and doing coastel raids now thats good times:)

nieto666
21-01-2008, 17:51
i need to field a muhad king or captain if i want to use half trolls dont i???

Catferret
21-01-2008, 18:55
i need to field a muhad king or captain if i want to use half trolls dont i???

Correct. Mahud King or Tribesmaster to allow Halftrolls.

Avian
23-01-2008, 14:15
I have moved a dozen posts containing the buying and selling of LotR minis out and into a separate thread. Please keep this one on topic.

- The Moderators

nieto666
23-01-2008, 14:38
I have moved a dozen posts containing the buying and selling of LotR minis out and into a separate thread. Please keep this one on topic.

- The Moderators

my god u moniters are worse then cops!!!!!!!!!!

Beragond
23-01-2008, 14:39
I have posted a new thread about it in the sales section, heres the link:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124006