PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help.

Dr Cuddles
17-01-2008, 04:25
(Im posting this in two diffrent places, as Im not really sure where to put it)(If this is in the wrong area, please delete)

The problem is this, I have sold off my old armies, and want to buy a new army for my friend that recently had had his, well, stolen.

I am planning on buying him the Tyranid Endless Swarm direct Order set from GW, but I am still just P.O'ed that I would have to pay 225$ here, compared to the 175$ in the states.

So my want is this. I will paypal 175+Shipping for the Tyranid Endless Swarm offer from GW, to someone reliable in the US, they buy the models, then they ship them to me, obviously I will pay all fee's and such, and a small fee to the person that does this for me.

If this goes well, I will later be doing the same thing with the Tyranid Hive Mind Brood.

So, any takers?

Shield of Freedom
17-01-2008, 05:01
Not to discourage you, but, by the time you pay all the shipping and handling fees for the second shipment (ie from the buyer to you) plus the "incentive" payment, you've probably paid more than that dreaded price tag you're trying to avoid. I mean, as it stands you're only talking about a difference of $50 on something already costing more than three times as much.

Do the math first on the shipping and handling cost and fish around to see what potential helpers would be willing to accept as payment for the deed. If you don't save at least $10, in my mind, it wouldn't be worth it... and even then.... I'm not sure it would be.

Dr Cuddles
17-01-2008, 05:10
Not to discourage you, but, by the time you pay all the shipping and handling fees for the second shipment (ie from the buyer to you) plus the "incentive" payment, you've probably paid more than that dreaded price tag you're trying to avoid. I mean, as it stands you're only talking about a difference of $50 on something already costing more than three times as much.

Do the math first on the shipping and handling cost and fish around to see what potential helpers would be willing to accept as payment for the deed. If you don't save at least $10, in my mind, it wouldn't be worth it... and even then.... I'm not sure it would be.

Well, GW covers Shipping on order over 100$, so that would not cost anything to ship to the person, then I would really only be paying for it to get shipped to me, plus the "incentive" payment. I don't think Shipping+Incentive would go past 40$

The way I see it is the person who can help me is basically making a few bucks for the effort of mailing something for me.

Edit:

I just calculated. If I bought the Endless Swarm and Hive Mind Brood from Canada GW, it would cost me 130$ more than from the states.

thechosenone
17-01-2008, 05:35
I think the only problem dude is the incentive your gunna pay. working guys who make a reasonable rate aren't gunna bother with twenty bucks. Kids working part time would love twenty bucks but i'm not sure about their reliability.

I'm not being snooty but i'm not sure how many guys are willing to go to a UPS or USPS place and go through the pain in the a$$ of shipping something for fifteen or twenty bucks.

If it was more, you may have some takers. Don't be shy, tell people what your offering as incentive

thechosenone
17-01-2008, 05:36
By the way, real nice thing your doing for your friend. May the man that stole his figs die in a fire or something else unpleasant

Moriarty
17-01-2008, 08:34
By any chance do you mean the Tyranid Battle force?

Can't find Endless Swarm on the website.

Hicks
17-01-2008, 08:43
Why don't you just order it from the US site? They'll charge you around 30$ for shipping, less than the 40$ you wanted to spend.

the1stpip
17-01-2008, 10:16
Or buy it from an online retailer in the US who will ship to you.

And you will probably get it for less.

Marshal Argos
17-01-2008, 10:17
Why don't you just order it from the US site? They'll charge you around 30$ for shipping, less than the 40$ you wanted to spend.

The problem is that if you order from the US site yourself, you may get charged duty when it gets there. If you go through a private person in the US, they can write "gift" or such on the customs form and bypass the customs/duty tax...

I also do this from time to time because of the Euro/USD exchange rates.