PDA

View Full Version : Charging a Warp-Lightning Cannon

arc
17-01-2008, 09:15
The WLC if charged, must always declare a flee reaction .. and you only need LOS for declaring charges, so what happened is my friend simply declare a charge against it on the 1st turn. Is this legal or just unsporting?

Dendo Star
17-01-2008, 09:43
Illegal, unsporting, stupid, angering and frankly anyone going against a player doing this has every right to smash their minis. Why does this horrible question always come up?!

warlord hack'a
17-01-2008, 09:46
sorry to put it so bluntly but the WLC example has been named so many times as an example of why GW said: "Declaring charges that you know will fail is not allowed and therefore cheating" that you could have found the answer to your question by searching the forum.

But to answer it for you: no, you are not allowed to declare charges when you know they are "out of range". Whether this also includes the times when the WLC is in reach, but there is not enough room for your charger to stand in front of it is another question.

sainthale1988
17-01-2008, 09:48
as already stated tecnically you can't do that becuase it states that when you charge you need to have a relatively good chance of making it (to prevent people doing the same sort of thing with fear/ terror causers), and yes it will iritate people if you play in that mindset. as a general rule of thumb when ever i play skaven with a cannon we say that they flee only if i'm in charging range, thus there less likely to run away and i can't pull that trick but if i do i'm highly likely to run them down (esp with flyers)

warlord hack'a
17-01-2008, 09:53
Illegal, unsporting, stupid, angering

first two yes, third maybe, fourth not for me.

and frankly anyone going against a player doing this has every right to smash their minis.

You never have the right to smash anyones mini's but your own.

Why does this horrible question always come up?!

Because in the rules as written only LOS is needed, but fortunately they amended this. Warhammer is a game, but a lot of people play it as if they are actually at war with their opponent, which you are not (hence no smashing of mini's is allowed). The single best thing to do: take a deep breath, point to the rule (and if not possible, roll a dice when disagreeing) and move on. The best thing to do: ask a mutual friend to act as a referee, is also the best way IMO to set up terrain.

niox
17-01-2008, 10:51
"declaring a charge that you know cannot be completed (like
charging a unit 24" away) is cheating."
-Warhammer 7ed FAQ

There is several ways to exploit the rules in Warhammer but players should not do it.
It only ruins the fun in the game.