PDA

View Full Version : what is in the Dark Angels Veterans box

2thesword
17-01-2008, 13:26
hi all - I'm contemplating a deathwatch team to accompany my inquisitor as he hunts down xenos scum.. I'm trying to decide if I can make a good looking deathwatch team out of an existing/available boxset, rather than ordering the special DW one from overseas (I'm in Aust).

I really like the look of the DA veterans... they're hoods look great. The codex says that the squad can take power fists, power weapons, special weapons and even a hvy weapon.

I can't find any pictures of what is on the sprue online anywhere. Can anyone please help me? What equipment and weapons options come in the DA veterans box?

thanks in advance

Spacker
17-01-2008, 13:47
I've already put mine together so I can't post photos of the sprues, but here's a rough list:

Melta
Flamer
Plasmagun
Missile Launcher
5 Bolters with right arm
1 Plasma pistol with right arm
1 Plasma pistol with left arm
1 chainsword with right arm
1 chainsword with left arm
1 bolt pistol with right arm
1 bolt pistol with left arm
1 bolt pistol
1 combat shield
1 power weapon/mace with left arm
1 power weapon/sword with right arm
1 power fist left arm

5 Veteran bodies, 9 heads

1 Terminator assault cannon with left arm
1 Terminator power weapon (sword) with left arm
1 Terminator storm bolter with right arm
1 Terminator legs

And various other bits and pieces

Temprus
17-01-2008, 14:54
I can't find any pictures of what is on the sprue online anywhere.

Did you try looking at the GW site? :angel:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/darkangels/gettingstarted/start_plastics.htm
Click on the Picture to get a pop up with a bigger view.

I am this > < close to sigging this link. Along with links on Deathwatch, Movie Marines, Dipping and any other questions that KEEP popping up almost weekly. :D

Spacker
17-01-2008, 15:23
The UK site doesn't have that pic.

Anyway, the DA Veterans box has that sprue, AND this one: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99380101025&orignav=10

Temprus
17-01-2008, 17:43
They don't, weird. ;)

On UK:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/darkangels-getting-started/4/

Edit: I am using mine for Deathwatch bodies. I am using magnets for heads/weapons so I can switch them out as the current Deathwatch rules or as DA veterans.

2thesword
18-01-2008, 00:39
brilliant, thanks to all.

FYI - the UK (and US to a lesser extent) online stores used to provide the individual sprues for sale, with an accompanying picture.. These all seem to have been taken down now. I didn't think to look on the general 40K online section.

I notice that it has a ML, rather than a Hvy Bolter.

The deathwatch have some cool rules for the Assault 3 Hvy bolter... I wonder if I can swap the assault cannon for a HB with a mate... otherwise the AC provides some good modelling ops to convert into the modified HB the deathwatch use.

Spacker
18-01-2008, 06:03
They don't, weird. ;)

I should have clarified my statement with "not in the online store where you'd expect to see it, and I don't have time to go digging around the rest of the site to see if I can find it". ;)

And on that page it still doesn't tell you that you get the additional weapon sprue.

Temprus
18-01-2008, 06:25
GW stopped posting/selling separately almost all new plastic sprues a long while back. Same with most new metal mini sprues/bits. Luckily, they posted some pictures of the new plastic ones in the sections that sell you their codex/armies.

Edit: I have some Rogue Trader Shoulder Mount HBs I am going to use as the "special" DW ones.

I asked GW what was in the Deathwatch set last week, they told me it was:

1 Combat Squad Sprue (can't see it online)
1 Metal Heavy Bolter Parts Set
2 DW Head Sprues (4 heads)
1 5 DW Shoulder Pad Sprue
1 5 DW Bolter Sprue

Spacker
18-01-2008, 06:59
I asked GW what was in the Deathwatch set last week, they told me it was:

1 Combat Squad Sprue (can't see it online)
1 Metal Heavy Bolter Parts Set
2 DW Head Sprues (4 heads)
1 5 DW Shoulder Pad Sprue
1 5 DW Bolter Sprue

The old DW set (at least the one I bought in the UK from GW MO a couple of years ago) was like: Combat Squad box (the old 3rd ed one), Marine Heavy bolter blister, and DW heads, pads, and bolters for 5 marines. You could make 6 complete marines (5 with bolters, one with heavy bolter) from the set - although one wouldn't have a DW head or DW pad (which is easily rectified by sourcing another pad and using a standard marine head).

From the look of that list above though you only get parts for 5 marines - instead of a complete marine with heavy bolter you just get the heavy bolter parts.

Khornies & milk
18-01-2008, 07:39
I have made 2 Deathwatch squads - both are full veteran status, but 1 is assaulty and the other shooty. I used the DA Veteran box for the assault squad, and just the normal combat squad box for the other. All I did was buy the DW shoulder pads and bolters seperately from GWUK, and the chapter specific stuff from a Bitz-store.
The shipping cost from UK to Oz does make it a bit dear but there's no way round that.
The Veterans made from the DA box look really good with all their robes and such.
I actually thought about using the BT Sword Brethren and the SM Veteran boxes until I realized they were metal.

Kurisu313
18-01-2008, 10:44
I used the veterans on my Deathwatch too. They look awesome!

Temprus
18-01-2008, 14:56
From the look of that list above though you only get parts for 5 marines - instead of a complete marine with heavy bolter you just get the heavy bolter parts.

Could be, sadly the support guy had to look it up, he had never seen the box himself. :(

I thought about using the Vet and Brethren boxes too and came to the same conclusion.

Edit: Got my order today, it was short 4 of 5 DW Bolter sprues. :( It did have all of the DW Pad and head sprues though. :D