PDA

View Full Version : New VC dilemma...

voiceofthewarp
17-01-2008, 13:34
Ok so here is my problem: I currently live in Iceland, land of ice, fire and hugely dissproportionate customsduty-fee's. But, I really want to own the new VC as soon as they are released. So I thought about ordering the spearhead, and then I thought; but were going to England in march I can order it to some friends and I won't have to pay the customsduty-fee's. But therein lies the problem, for once I want to own the new mini's when they are released, but my schrooge side doesen't want to pay more then I have to, what so I do:confused:?

Thanks,
-voiceofthewarp

heinrichvoncarstein
17-01-2008, 16:17
pay up. at least, that's what i would do.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
17-01-2008, 16:49
better have it sent to your place, it might come to damage in england (not that you're the clutzy type, but anything can happen).

Zoolander
17-01-2008, 17:18
Wait. Have them sent to England and pick them up when you visit. Are you truly going to get much play time with them before that point to make it worth the Fees? Probably not.

Mercules
17-01-2008, 17:57
Wait. Have them sent to England and pick them up when you visit. Are you truly going to get much play time with them before that point to make it worth the Fees? Probably not.

Play time... you mean on the table or making little noises with your mouth as you put them together and imagine the carnage to come? :)

L192837465
17-01-2008, 18:31
have it shipped to your friends, and when it arrives, have your friend forward the package(s) to you. a little extra shipping, but it should be a lot cheaper than dutys.

SneakyChris
17-01-2008, 19:33
what sum of money are we talking about here?

voiceofthewarp
17-01-2008, 20:33
About a third of the cost, so about 30 *ouch* I think I might well have it sent to my friends:o

-Voiceofthewarp

voiceofthewarp
19-01-2008, 17:11
*Update* I have now found out that my LGS CAN order it in for me without me having to pay anything by the cost of the minis!:D BTW, does anyone know when the VC spearhead will be up for pre-order?

-Voiceofthewarp

melgorth
19-01-2008, 18:24
Im nearly certain that it's already up for preorder as it is out on the 23rd of febuary:):)

fluffystuff
19-01-2008, 18:36
Hi, newbie here ( although I've been playing on and off since WFB first started).......VC spearhead is available for advance order on 26/01/08, the date in WD is incorrect. I tried to order from my local GW and this is what they were told when they phoned the order line.

Spleendokta
19-01-2008, 18:38
Are you US miltary by chance? If so and have a, sorry been awhile, APO(?) address? Have them send it to the states first, then ship to Iceland for no duty tax.

sulla
19-01-2008, 21:50
Ok so here is my problem: I currently live in Iceland, land of ice, fire and hugely dissproportionate customsduty-fee's. But, I really want to own the new VC as soon as they are released. So I thought about ordering the spearhead, and then I thought; but were going to England in march I can order it to some friends and I won't have to pay the customsduty-fee's. But therein lies the problem, for once I want to own the new mini's when they are released, but my schrooge side doesen't want to pay more then I have to, what so I do:confused:?

Thanks,
-voiceofthewarp

Why order it? Why not just buy it when you're in england?

voiceofthewarp
20-01-2008, 12:24
Why order it? Why not just buy it when you're in england?

Because I'd be coming back on the 13th on march, and for once I really want to own the new release as soon as I can. Instead of jumping on the badwagon (or should that be corpse cart:p) later on. I am not US military, they have all left;) Oh, and special thanks to you fluffystuff:)

-Voiceofthewarp