PDA

View Full Version : 7ft Cadians and Lord of the Rings

Deadmanwade
17-01-2008, 16:25
Hi all. Kind of a random posting here.
I was just painting up some miniatures from my various armies when I noticed something. Lord of the Rings models are to-scale with space marines.
I always thought it wierd that my Cadians were as tall as my Dark Angels, when all the fluff says that marines are WAAAYYY bigger than normal men.
Now all I need to do is petition GW to redo their entire 40k imperial guard range with the models at LOTR scale. :)

carlospictor
17-01-2008, 16:31
Good luck with that! :wtf:

I think really the issue is that all the miniatures are to scale with each other... except marines, which are way too small.

It would be more straightforward to remake the marine plastics at the right scale than to re-tool all the other ranges at a smaller scale.

And would you then pay 35-40 for five 10ft tall terminators?

Deadmanwade
17-01-2008, 16:35
Termies are already a fire magnet as is. Doubling their size would just add to that.

pookie
17-01-2008, 16:48
its an entirly diffrent scaled range, if anything marines need to be a lot bigger rather than everything else shoud be smaller.

Spacker
17-01-2008, 16:52
I always thought it wierd that my Cadians were as tall as my Dark Angels, when all the fluff says that marines are WAAAYYY bigger than normal men.

Are your Dark Angels old figures? I've compared my new DA Veterans, and other current release plastic marines, and while they're still not to scale they're a good half a head or so taller than the Cadians. The older metal marines and early plastics that were released to replace the metals are the same heigh - but back then the Cadian metals were shorter than the current plastic Cadians. There has been a little scale creep over the years.

Reabe
17-01-2008, 17:04
I'd assume that, like Battlefleet Gothic, the miniatures aren't really up to scale and are just simple representations of what the models look like. I mean, not every company of Imperial Guardsmen are as pristine as the models, right? You'd think there'd be a little wear and tear on those jackets of theirs and so on as a campaign on goes on.