PDA

View Full Version : 30 model wild hunt, is it legal?

Disciple of Caliban
17-01-2008, 17:07
Well, inspired by the lowest model count thread and my existing collection i've decided to try out the following list. Practically i know it isnt great, but is it legal? I dont see any issues with it, but i dont have my book to hand, nor have i read it recently.

Orion

Branchwraith - cluster of Radiants

Spellsinger - 2 dispel scrolls

6 Wild Riders - full command

6 Wild Riders - full command

5 Glade riders - musician

8 Dyrads

Treeman

Treeman

Total 1992, 30 models

Magic is purely defensive. And due to the lack of any other alternatives the plan is simply to advance in force down one flank and hope not to get too badly shot on route.

I doubt the army will be very powerful, but it should be a great change, and it'll give me an excuse to really go to town on the painting, which can only be a good thing.

So, any advice? objections?

Leogun_91
18-01-2008, 06:45
Wild riders isnīt core are they? If theyre not the armylist isnīt legal.

devolutionary
18-01-2008, 06:52
It's legit. 1 Lord, 2 Heroes, 2 Core, 2 Special, 2 Rare. Two Trees are always gonna be competitive IMO, so go for it :D

Leogun_91
18-01-2008, 07:12
In 2000pts you need 3 core

Belerophon709
18-01-2008, 07:19
Armies led by Orion count Wild Riders as core, so he's got 4.

devolutionary
18-01-2008, 07:22
Huh, point to you both :)

Leogun_91
18-01-2008, 07:23
Armies led by Orion count Wild Riders as core, so he's got 4.

Ah.... then itīs legal, and fast, and weird.

SevenSins
18-01-2008, 10:32
It will certainly surprise people :)
I like it

Disciple of Caliban
18-01-2008, 10:33
Thanks for the help guys, i thought it was all good, just needed to check.

2 trees could be competitive, as can wild riders, unfortunately though i dont think i have enough units to be a real threat to anyone, except other really elite armies, still, time will tell

SevenSins
18-01-2008, 12:00
If you get a chance to play a battle with this list please give us a rep, really curious as to how it will perform (preferably against one of the more standardized lists)

wildkarrde0
18-01-2008, 19:57
I liked this idea here's my version less magic but the teleport into a wood item

Unnamed2000 Pts - Wood Elves Army

Orion, King of the Woods
General
Horn of the Wild Hunt
Spear of Kurnous
Cloak of Isha
The Hawk's Talon

Wild Rider Noble
Wild Rider; Spear; Longbow; Light Armour
Moonstone of the Hidden Ways

6 Wild Riders

5 Wild Riders

5 Wild Riders

6 Glade Riders
Musician

5 Glade Riders
Musician

1 Treeman
1 Treeman

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 31

Total Army Cost: 2000

Disciple of Caliban
19-01-2008, 08:49
I feel odd replying in my own thread to some one elses list, but its only one small point so i'll perservere.

I believe your noble is illegal, as a member of the wild rider kindred i'm pretty confident he cant have a longbow, so you'll need to drop it.

See, i said it was only a small point

wildkarrde0
19-01-2008, 21:29
this cause its copy n paste from army builder not being a wood elf anymore (played under the old list ) i missed it but i do like the idea of teleporting oroin into charge range for is firt charge and the panic thing could really hurt some armies

apHywel
11-02-2008, 12:49
Heya,

Sorry to butt in to the conversation, just seeking advice on Wild Rider heroes and this seems like a good place to get it : )

Had conflicting information on whether a Wood Elf Noble with the Wild Rider Kindred can take The Helm of the Hunt or not ?

Krootman
11-02-2008, 13:21
Heya,

Sorry to butt in to the conversation, just seeking advice on Wild Rider heroes and this seems like a good place to get it : )

Had conflicting information on whether a Wood Elf Noble with the Wild Rider Kindred can take The Helm of the Hunt or not ?

well it states that wild rider heros can only take magical light armor and spears so going off that rule id say no b/c the helm of the hunt does not say it counts as light armor (which is good for everyone but wild rider heros)

IronBrother
12-02-2008, 02:05
they can not take the helm, however they do not lose their longbow when upgrading to wild rider kindred only the wardancers do. my hunt army only has 41 models at 2k, but no treeman and only orion as far as characters go. i think that you are using the treemen as crutches, they slow the army down, believe me. just my 2 cents.

oh and yes, caliban, your army is legal.