PDA

View Full Version : bases for jetbikes?

jackveneno
18-01-2008, 06:04
so i purchased 2 windrider host boxes and i realize that GW packed the boxes with a random number of large flying bases and small flying bases. now my question is, what size is the base that goes for the jetbike? large or small?

MasterDecoy
18-01-2008, 06:08
It doesnt really matter, anything using a flying base uses the actual model for all points of reference anyway. Use whichever one is more stable.

Eulenspiegel
18-01-2008, 06:23
Flying stands are just that: stands, not bases. You use the model when determining distances and shooting, the stand is just there to make it look as if itīs hovering, i.e. just for looks.

Spacker
18-01-2008, 07:01
For skimmer vehicles you use the hull and ignore the flying base for measurements, but for all non-vehicle models (including jetbikes) you use the base the model is, whether it's a flying base or not.

As to the OP, it doesn't matter which bases you use. See page 6 of the rulebook, you can always use a larger base if you want than that supplied with the model, and you can the small bases in your box as your frame of reference.

Cypher
18-01-2008, 07:03
Yeah it seems to vary, although the 50mm seem to be the most common these days. To be honest, I think the 50mm is too big for the bikes (although sometimes you need it for weighty models like Sammael).

Just remember that if you do use the smaller bases, be generous to your opponent when it comes to measuring ;)