PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf army 'IDEA'

Storm21
16-04-2005, 23:33
I have no idea if this would work, but ill put it up for you all to pick at anyway! :)

Highborn
Blade of ruin (no armour save)
4+ ward save

Sorceress
Level 2
Dark Steed
Dispell Scroll

Sorceress
Level 2
Dark Steed
Dispell Scroll

5x5 dark riders with repeater crossbows

9 Cold one knights
Standard ( Soul Shadows standard---May flee from charge, then automatically rallies at end of flee)

11 x harpies

Bolt Thrower

15 Black Guard
Standard
Musician

2000pts exactly :)

idea is pepper enemy with fire, reduce rank bonuses, draw a unit with CoKs, hit in flanks with dark riders, then in next turn charge with cold ones, black guard sit on flanks looking nasty, and the bolt thrower helps with multiwound models/ light cavalry, finaly, harpies obliterate warmachines and marchblock cavalry, what dya think? :rolleyes:

Storm21
17-04-2005, 09:32
No body have any comments about it? I would really appreciate some advice :-)

Stouty
17-04-2005, 14:56
Good but I'd consider dropping the black guard.

chivalrous
17-04-2005, 15:52
You're probably going to find that with the rest of your army running off in all directions, your Black Guard will either rarely have anything to do during the battle or will get creamed because it has no support.

Vogon
17-04-2005, 16:28
Hi there

Experience tells us that the optimum size for harpies is 6 or 7 and their best employed war machine hunting.

I think I too would drop the Black guard and put the Highborn on a Cold one and then in the unit. The soul shadows banner is not a unit for cold ones particularly not one so big. It is better suited to a unit of dark riders to bait and flee more effectively.

My personal preference is for a War Hydra and I've never regretted it so far.

If you really want some good tactical advise for dark elves come join us over at www.druchi.net we'll be glad to give you all the help you'll ever need.

Have fun

Vogon