PDA

View Full Version : Comedy moments in Warhammer

badgeraddict
18-01-2008, 14:41
Idea for this thread kinda *popped* into my head during last nights warhammer club. 100% this type of thread has been done before, but perhaps this thread will give new users the chance to tell of their comedy moments in warhammer.

Ok I'll start with the 'moments' from last night:

I was playing my Nordland Empire against Dogs of War, at 3000 points.

The Dogs of War player (ThePoisonedDwarf) had the Dark Emissary as a character choice. Never seen him played before so this was going to be interesting. Anywho to cut this short, the Dogs of War Paymaster charged into single combat with my lone BSB (don't ask).

Then comes his magic phase; the Dark Emissary casts the 'Fog of War' or something that hits all my hits and possibly some of his. Yup, my BSB got wounded, but the spell killed off his paymaster. This usually means that the paymasters bodyguard get hatred against the model that killed the paymaster! Also this causes a panic test for the DOW army, so naturally his fast cav ran far far away.

Yup so now the paymasters bodyguard hated the Dark Emissary and must have been pretty pleased when he was ran down by my halberdiers in the last phase!

Also during this game my unit of 30 spearmen and Warrior Priest (the Pope) took so much damage from soup, yeah the halfling hot pot was raining soupy death on the pope, killing lots of spearmen. THEN to add salt into the wound my Rocket Battery spectacularly goes off course and nukes a further 12!

So with this start, over to you guys!

Badgeraddict

marv335
18-01-2008, 15:15
High Elf Lord on Star Dragon charges into a unit.
10 attacks, all S7, four of which allow no armour save (star lance)
Of the few that hit, none wound a T3 unit :eek:
Severe case of rubber lance syndrome.
Lord ran like a startled rabbbit.

Leogun_91
18-01-2008, 15:35
A giant charges my longbeards with thane (the giant has taken a few wounds). The thane goes really heroic and slays the giant all by himself (the longbeards ddn´t get to strike) then the giant fell and crushed half of my longbeard unit.
Well so much for heroism.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
18-01-2008, 16:00
5 Pistolier charge the rear of an Ironbreaker Unit, cause a couple of casualties (I got jammy!) and suffer none in return. The Stunties break, only to be run down.....

Aryakas
18-01-2008, 16:11
Charging a Strigoi Vampire Lord with Infinite Hatred and Sinews at a unit of Salamanders, missing all 6 of my initial attacks, rerolling 2 hits and failing to wound with either of them to lose combat.

Lordsaradain
18-01-2008, 16:24
My outrider champion with hochland long rifle managed to inflict 3 wounds on different enemy characters, out of 3 shots. First turn I sniped the necromancer general. Then he places the necromancer behind the unit he had joined so I went on to wound his vampire instead on turn two. The last turn of the game, when I've pretty much won, his necromancer breaks cover to flee off the table edge, and guess what... he gets sniped again, headshot, dead. :D lucky rolls or an ace shot?

One time my opponent played magic heavy and on his first cast he managed to roll two miscast, and faithful to the rulebook, I cackled maniacally, which turned into hysterical laughter when his second spell also miscast. I know I sound very evil, but it was a very funny moment.

BigbyWolf
18-01-2008, 16:29
O&G rock lobber scattering of target, instead of landing on the big unit of Khorne Chaos warriors it ends up scoring a direct hit against a chaos lord riding a dragon. The chaos lord was flattend and the dragon decided not to stick around.

Oh, and this was on my first turn.

And it was a tournament.

I laughed, he cried....it was a good day...

kroq'gar
18-01-2008, 16:33
When i saw a giant pick up an elven lord and shove him down his pants. That was golden.

eldereth
18-01-2008, 18:18
Skaven vs HE

I brought a unit of 5 night runners as a screen. They get shot by a RBT, 4 dead. Only remaining night runner shows some insane courage and doesn't panic and stays there to cover my ratling gun. A couple of turns later, he gets pursued into by some spearmen. Before the battle is resolved, the spearmen are forced into a panic test by a unit breaking nearby, fail and run. My night runner now had a banner, making him worth 112.5 VP (half the unit's cost + the banner)

He would've been the hero of the battle and my next assassin if I hadn't pointed out the VP thing to my opponent in the last turn to save a ratling gun from getting shot, and my opponent directing his last RBT volley towards the poor night runner who died. That's the price of skaven courage I guess.

Wolfmother
18-01-2008, 18:26
oh oh grey seer casts warp lightning with three dice agianst swordmasters with mr 3 and like 2 scrolls rolls three 1's rolls on the miscast table 12 spell cast with irresistable but sorceror forgets the spell rolls double six for hits with warp lightning twelve dead swordmasters!

Maarten K
18-01-2008, 19:00
tournament, 2250pts, no lords. my undivided exalted demon finally gets to cast a spell(after playing 2 matches against dwarves). Miscast, rolls double one and disappears of the board on turn 1.

darkstar
18-01-2008, 19:34
None of these happened to me, but they were just some of the things I saw while working in the Wolverhampton store.

1500 point Empire vs Dwarfs.

One unit of pistoliers has 4 left. Behind them is a unit of Knights with the captain (general) in them, and a unit of spearmen (about 15). The pistoliers, being the only ones in range, declare a charge against a rather pesky cannon with engineer (with handgun). One stand and shoot charge reaction, one dead pistolier, and one failed panic test later and the unit of 3 pistoliers is fleeing 17". Still being US5 or more fleeing straight through the knights and spearmen, both units proceed to flee as well, leaving half of the empire army in tatters in one rather impressive handgun shot. That engineer and his handgun have a reputation for thing like that. Of the three units, only the spearmen rallied in time to not get off the board.

Our then part-timer was trying out a new list with his dark elves, with a distinct magic defensive theme, going up against a Vampire Counts army. He wins roll off for first turn, while I read his army list. Movement phase occurs while I look in the Dark Elf book to read up on one item of interest: the High Sorceresses Ring of Hotek. "Any double cast within certain range containing a double miscasts". Much laughter ensues and the high sorceress suddenly becomes the most conservative spellcaster known to man.

Vodevil
18-01-2008, 19:57
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth with one wound charges my Cannon, whiffs then get's killed by a S3 crewdwarf... Further proof that the Shaggoth sucks.

Briohmar
18-01-2008, 20:06
First turn with my Empire, I misfire and explode both cannons and Hellblaster. The rocket also misfires launching the rocket straight up into the air killing two rocket launcher and two mortar crewmen (5000 point game) I even swithched out the misfire die (I mean artillery Die) twice. Just wasn't a good night.

Just Tony
18-01-2008, 21:15
Two Cold One Chariots simultaneously charge my 14 Swordmasters with Prince (old book). The impact hits see off most of the Swordmasters, and the attacks see off the rest, as the Prince shrugs off the one hit that came his way. The Prince, armed with great weapon and wearing Armor of the Gods and Vambraces of Defence then allocates two attacks to each chariot. And wounds. POP POP!!!! I wind up overrunning from a combat where I lost 14 models to the enemy's two, right into Dark Riders, who are filetted in short order. Hilarity...

Feefait
18-01-2008, 21:26
Couple editions ago, back with the box set I was playing a friend, skaven vs. chaos. This was back when chaos was all about small, limited units and big, nasty characters. even more then now, this was before the unit limitations.

Anyway, in addition to his completely decked out chaos lord of khrone he had a 2 headed chaos dragon. At one point he charged my unit of slaves, 40 strong. at that point i believe they were 2.5 pts a piece. anyway... I passed my terror check. He charged in and then he failed to wound. I did 1 1 back maybe, or nothing, but I won the combat with numbers and ranks. He ran, rolled like a 3 and was run down! lol
His chaos lord then slaughtered the rest of my army, but he was so pissed about the dragon that he didn't enjoy it and I still think of it as a seedy skaven victory. :evilgrin:
I Love Skaven Slaves!!!

Another Skaven bit of luck...

Facing Dark elves my opponent had a lvl 4 wizard ona dragon. I go first. Jezzails shoot at the wizard/dragon. Kill the wizard, dragon rolls on the monster chart and runs off. Victory is mine! I actually felt bad about that one... lol

highelfmage
18-01-2008, 22:37
my high elf bolt thrower crew get charged by butcher he misses his attacks and i get 2 wounds on him and he runs away. this was before ASF

Shadowsinner
18-01-2008, 22:56
a while ago a friend and I teamed up to play a 2 on 2 match against some guys looking for a game. I was WE and my friend was Empire, while our opponents were lizardmen and TK. The game started rather evenly as we all took turns taking out each others models... Then the greatest thing happened. The entire time our opponents were bickering with each other and the TK guy had a skull catapult he wanted to fire. the lizardmen guy told him to aim elsewhere but the other guy couldnt care less... fired away... and the winds of fate sent the screaming skull toward his allies biggest unit containing 25 temple guard and a nice fat slaan toad sitting in the center... the shot hit the unit and managed to kill a warrior... the guy was annoyed but grabbed his dice and with a big smirk on his face in such confidence stated "well at least theyre cold blooded!" his expression immediately changed to a look of horror as he rolled three 6's. At this point my friend and I were laughing our asses off in disbelief as the guys unit ran straight back... the next turn my wild riders charged the fleeing unit and caught the taking all the points... as you can imagine the game didnt last too long after that :)

Lexy
18-01-2008, 23:12
First round my opponent skaven force just had two wounds on two different warlocks in the magic fase and he rings the bell.
triple killed and chased away the unit and we started over again, because he lost about half his army in turn 1 and I didn't have my turn yet.

Copenhagan
19-01-2008, 00:01
I saw this happen one day it was dwarfs vs DE. Melikith on his dragon was setting in front of a unit of dwarfs. The dwarf turn shots a cannon a Melikith, the cannon ball lands a dwarfs head then hits Melikith. The player then roles a 1 to wound the dwarf sending the cannon ball in to Melikith killing him out right. So basically the dwarf head butted the cannon ball in to Melikith.

clanfield
19-01-2008, 00:06
the fay enchantress turned a blood thirster into a frog that was way to funny

still giggling

guillaume
19-01-2008, 00:45
A long while ago, back in sixth ed, got 10 lizardmen skinks to shoot at a giant with poisoned blowpipes, did 3 wounds, enraged, the turn after the giant charges I was near the table edge and decided to stand and shoot and did 1 more wound after passing my terror test. The giant picks one of the skink and shove it down its trousers, and I do 1 wound in combat! I win combat resolution, he fails his break test, flees and get caught by my super skinks pursuing!

Hilarious, needless to say my opponent was not amused

Glimfeather
19-01-2008, 04:24
When i saw a giant pick up an elven lord and shove him down his pants. That was golden.

This reminds me of my very first game of WHFB about this time last year. (I did not realize it was uncool to play special characters in pickup games) I rolled out 2250 points of dwarves, complete with Thorek and the Anvil of Doom. My opponent, probably the best player in our gaming group, trots his giant across the table and promptly picked up Thorek and stuff him in his pants.

Needless to say, I lost the game and Thorek has been kept safely out sight of gaming boards since that time.

Regards,

Chris

sing Sang a song
19-01-2008, 04:50
during dwarfs turn miner arrived and attacked my WE archers and i suffered no wound and he suffered none but i won combat result by 1 for out number (8 miners VS 10 glade guards) and miners failed their break test and ran off the board and i didnt chased them

Lord_Byron
19-01-2008, 08:35
Fay enchantress turning a slann into a frog. Boggle.

Acidfire
19-01-2008, 09:12
My Chaos army was facing a Dwarf army. First turn his rock thrower destroys itself while his organ gun whiffs. Second turn his organ gun decides to blow up as well. I thought I had the game in the bag but after that both my warriors and knights whiffed in 1 turn and got slain.

Snoozer
19-01-2008, 11:28
A couple semi-funny moments from my last game:

First one was when a spawn tried to charge my spear chukka but rolled 1 inch short of the distance, and then the next turn I shoot the spawn point blank in the face, killing it outright. Mostly funny because the way I say "Point blank in the face".

The second one was when I declared a charge with my Orc boyz against a beast herd, but in the compulsory movement phase a fanatic went through the unit and stopped right next to the beast herds. So that I hade to move on top of it when I charged, the unit got 3D6 Str5 hits on my own movement phase. Less funny when I actually lost the combat, even though I also had a flank charge.

:D

therisnosaurus
19-01-2008, 11:48
I saw this happen one day it was dwarfs vs DE. Melikith on his dragon was setting in front of a unit of dwarfs. The dwarf turn shots a cannon a Melikith, the cannon ball lands a dwarfs head then hits Melikith. The player then roles a 1 to wound the dwarf sending the cannon ball in to Melikith killing him out right. So basically the dwarf head butted the cannon ball in to Melikith.

I think I can qualitatively say copenhagen wins the thread. good luck, bad luck and hilarious imagery, I can only think in awe at what mike walker would make of that one...

Back in the old rules I saw a game with a dwarf army, the lord got hit by a cannonball, killed outright (only model). The entire dwarf army, all 2000 points, panicked off the table. One model killed. 2000 points down. Of dwarfs. Failing panic checks. This is how legends are born...

Lorcryst
19-01-2008, 12:53
In the last game I played (2 vs 2 players, 4500 points per side) I had 3 units of Night Goblins with 3 Fanatics each ... some Carrion lands nearby to draw the Fanatics out ... 9 Fanatics pop, I roll between 2 and 5 for their move ... next turn, my central unit rolls a 6 on the Animosity table, then a 6 for the distance, and proceed to stop right on top of 7 of the 9 Fanatics ... 14D6 S5 hits ... I rolled 29 hits, and my unit of 29+Shaman was reduced to a very surprised Shaman surrounded by pulped bodies ...

The 3 Carrions then charge the Shaman, manage to fail to wound him, the shaman makes his single attack, hits, wounds, wins the combat, and then the Carrions roll a 12 for the break test ... poof ...

rob_bot
19-01-2008, 15:04
my DE highborn on Dragon with GoP (S8, no saves) charges into flank on 5 chaos knights. HB hits one, no wounds. Dragon hits 3, wounds 1, kills 1.
I loose combat by 1 (outnumber, standard with warbanner). Break test roll 12, flees 7 inches, is overrun.

while playing a siege against chaos, my 4 RBT shoot at a bloodthirster, 2 wounds. next turn, the thirster charges 10 rxbs who defend a wall. the rxbs stand and shoot, makeing 4 :eek: wounds, reducing the thirster to one wound. In the following CC, the rxbs are wiped out, the thirster overruns into the castle. There wait a HB and a BSB, both having magic weapons. I think to myself, should be possible to do one wound when charging with both of them, odds are good. So I charge, not able to even wound the thirster with 4A S8 and 3A S6 :wtf: The thirster then wipes those so-called heros from the board and wreaks havoc with the rest of my army.

one from 40k:
my commander is charged by swooping hawks with exarch having sustained assault (for each hit in CC, roll for another hit until you don't hit anymore)
Exarch rolls, hits 3 times, rolls again, hits 3 times, rolls again, hits 2 times, rolls again, hits 2 times, rolls again, hits 1 time and then hits again for another 23 times (with one dice on 4+), adding up to a total of 34 hits... unnessicary to mention my commander didn't survive this one.

Urgat
19-01-2008, 15:34
Yesterday, in a skirmish game, my Blorc hero spent 5 turns fighting a lone skeletton, totally unable to wound it, despite 2 choppas and the charge.
But super skelly had a brother. My opponent got the same pb with 5 marauders (4 on foot, one mounted, but two of the footmen came on the 3rd turn) engaged with another skeletton (was a scenario I made up, with undead roaming randomly around the field, was quite fun). They also spent 5 turns to finally dispatch it, but not before it had killed the mounted marauder in the process.
Oh, and my DoW irongut got stuck for 4 turns with a... zombie. If I can't hit on 2+, I never seem able to hit anything...

Needless to say, the both of us felt really silly after such display of skills from our troops, but it was rather amusing to see that skeletton bump marauders on the ground and refuse to get wounded :p if only it had killed more stuff... :p

Goruax
19-01-2008, 16:10
Fay enchantress turning a slann into a frog. Boggle.

:wtf:
That should be banned, they already are frogs! :p

badgeraddict
19-01-2008, 17:14
Nice one guys!

Keep 'em coming, tis always good to laugh.

I find it odd and highly amusing that when *I* play Bretonnians, my peasants are the heros! They role insane courage, pass on their own leadership (gasp) and wreck havoc! Whilst all this is happeing my dashing knights are running round the table screaming like small girls. ESPECIALLY Pegasus Knights. They NEVER make a panic, break, fear check. Flying Fools.

Examples of comedy peasant heroics;

A group of waywatchers are in a tower sniping my knights. The peasants shoot the waywatchers...-1 long range, -1 skirmishers, -1 waywatchers, -2 hard cover. At least one archer hits every turn! Thats 6's followed by 6's!!!!!! Hehe shame they could never wound (4+). The same archers are famous for killing Karl Franz & his Giffion in like 2 volleys...

Men at Arms! LOL A unit of 20 men at arms had managed to flank a unit of DE warriors with Druchii Annointed (Cult of Slannesh). The Peasant Champ using HW & Shield manages to HIT the Annointed and WOUND the bugger! All Saves failed! Mad!

Thus my Bretonnian peasants are know dubbed at our club; 'The Peasant Assassins of Doom!'

:)

marneus54
19-01-2008, 18:08
An ogre scrap launcher miss fires and launches a ghoblar at my ironbreakers. KIlling one and sending them into panic where they run off the board winningthe game for my opponent....:cries:

Plague Lord
19-01-2008, 18:33
LOL it always happens to me - Shagoth charges some gay elves. 5 hits wounds on 2+ and geuss what?? - five 1's on the to wound rolls :/ of course the elves cause 2 wounds in return and my shaggoth flees and gets caught by the pansies ....

or at a tournament - my opponents Imperials had like 10 misfires in the whole game lol and to add to that my necromancer charged a warrior priest and killed him :D

another one is like White wolves charging chosen khorne khnights - of course the wolves do nothing but the horses then kill two khorne knights :p

Same happens in 40k... :/

Rioghan Murchadha
19-01-2008, 18:43
The 3 Carrions then charge the Shaman, manage to fail to wound him, the shaman makes his single attack, hits, wounds, wins the combat, and then the Carrions roll a 12 for the break test ... poof ...

No humour here, but just curious how the carrion lost the combat. You did 1 wound, the unit of 3 carrion gets 1 for outnumber. It's a tie, nobody has a musician, nobody wins.

Dark Seraphs
19-01-2008, 18:56
I was watching a battle during a Tourniment here in iceland.

The slaneesh Greater Demon casted the frenzy spell on a Empire lvl 2 Wizard and makes the wizard charge the Great demon.

The Empire Wizard causes one wound, and the greater demon does no wound, the greater demon loses the battle and gets a 12 on his ld test and goes poof.

Briohmar
19-01-2008, 19:21
6th edition, Goblin Big Boss with Wollapa's and his unit of 30 goblins fail animosity test, and get a we'll show 'em. Charge 6" into a lance of Bretty KotR's with Paladin. Paladin challenges, and Gobbo wipes the floor with him. Remaining oblins also score an unsaved wound, Bretties run a grand total of 5" while the gobbos pursue 7". A truly glorious moment for the Goblins.

Urgat
19-01-2008, 19:31
A group of waywatchers are in a tower sniping my knights. The peasants shoot the waywatchers...-1 long range, -1 skirmishers, -1 waywatchers, -2 hard cover. At least one archer hits every turn! Thats 6's followed by 6's!!!!!! Hehe shame they could never wound (4+). The same archers are famous for killing Karl Franz & his Giffion in like 2 volleys...
I got something similar in my army: for some reason, my wolf riders are very good shots, even though they basically always get modifiers to hit (they run around a lor). Still, they've killed insane things with their puny bows, including that chaos higher level hero guy with his goddamn 4+ ward save. They also killed ogres that way, very funny
Well, I'll tell you that my opponent did not find it funny to lose his general that way, to be honest. His fault, he looked at the wolves and said "pfff" and moved forward like if they were worthless and harmless, serves him right :D

Green Feevah!
19-01-2008, 19:51
Last weekend, my 3000 point infantry-heavy Orcs and Goblins takes on my friends Chaos mortals with Archaon. By turn 5 I had crushed him down to just Archaon and his knights unit. One of my shaman's miscast that turn, blew up and took a chunk of his squad with him. Turn 6 my other shaman miscasts and rolls double 1's on the chart, thereby inflicting hits on every single unit in my army. I proceed to do some of the best rolling of my life, losing close to 800 points worth of models (between destroyed warmachines, and panic tests) taking the game from a total slaughter to a near tie. I won only on table quarters.

Lorcryst
19-01-2008, 23:09
No humour here, but just curious how the carrion lost the combat. You did 1 wound, the unit of 3 carrion gets 1 for outnumber. It's a tie, nobody has a musician, nobody wins.

A simple mistake on my part, corrected while reviewing my notes : I still had the musician, who failed to hit ... sorry, that particular fight happened at 4 a.m., my memory is a bit hazy of the end of the game ...

19-01-2008, 23:37
A few incidents spring to mind - two of which involve Night Goblins in some way.

Watching a unit a of Chosen Khorne Knights charge a unit of Night Goblin spearmen, fluff their attacks and run away. Amusingly they rally and try again, only for exactly the same thing to happen.

And a couple of editions ago watching a Doomdiver line up a shot at my Dragon Princres, misfire and plough straight along the ground into the back of Skarsnik's head.

The other moment that springs to mind is watching Valten suddenly become slightly less great when the Hammer of Sigmar is turned into a weightly stick by the Ring of Corin. Even more amusing I'd been trying the same trick all game and he forgot I'd had the ring one turn - instead using his dispell dice to stop Curse of Arrow Attraction on a unit of 10 Free Company.

El Haroldo
19-01-2008, 23:51
I was watching a battle during a Tourniment here in iceland.

The slaneesh Greater Demon casted the frenzy spell on a Empire lvl 2 Wizard and makes the wizard charge the Great demon.

The Empire Wizard causes one wound, and the greater demon does no wound, the greater demon loses the battle and gets a 12 on his ld test and goes poof.

And the Keeper of Secrets didn't get 1 for outnumber? It's US6.

badgeraddict
20-01-2008, 22:32
A friend's 9 fanatics all came out turn 1 and did a mexican wave back to his troops turn 2.

Very funny :)

wizuriel
20-01-2008, 23:28
1k game chaos vs high elves.

the high elf player had 5 SM charge my hounds. I decided my hounds would take the charge since left the SM open for a flank charge by my choosen warriors.

needless to say his SM slaughtered my dogs and my choosen warriors of nurgle seeing dead dogs failed their panic test than rolled box cars to flee off the table

InquisitorFenix
21-01-2008, 04:15
I would like to start by saying that my friends complain about my disgustingly good luck, i will not diasagree with them.
1000 point WE vs. Night Goblins. Turn 6: After a unit of 8 dyads take 4 casualties, 4, to no less than 4d6 str5 fanatic hits, my lone center unit left, 10 glade guard ranked 5x2, is charged by 20 night goblins. I stand and shoot with 5 men. Hitting on 4's and wounding on 3's i hit and wound with all 5. Taking 25% casualties to shooting, his goblins fail their panic test and flee rather than charging and breaking my lonely archers, victory wood elves.
Oh and never underestimate lone archers, ever. My best friend, who plays high elves, lost a hero with a reaver bow on a great eagle to 2 bow shots, over 2 turns, from a lone archer who decided he was better off sticking around after all of his buddies had been gunned down.

My favourite story was a 2v2, with 4k to a side, of Beastmen and my Woodelves vs. Hordes of Chaos and High Elves (I know, we had randomized teams. Are there any other races that hate eachother more than these two pairs of allies? I dont think so)
I have taken a lord on a dragon, as has my high elf opponent. I fly in 1st turn and try to poison breath into the flank of a unit of 10 siver helms, 2 wounds none dead. Fairly uneventful first turn on our part. They have their turn. While a lord on a dragon is immune to terror, he is not immune to panic. The marauder unit that is between my dragon and his fails its terror test and flees straight across his battle line, since there is not enough room between units for it to stop it passes through IIRC 6 units, one of those being his dragon lord and the chaos player's lord on a disc of tzeentch. 1 unit of chaos warriors passes its panic test. 1 unit of chaos warriors, 1 unit of flesh hounds, 1 unit of marauders, his chaos lord and the dragon lord all fail and flee. Dragon and disk flee off table, 4 other units in midst of fleeing. They no longer have a center to their battle line and the only units ready to combat our force, that has taken no casualties at this point, are the rest of the high elf army and 3 chaos units, including the warriors that actually passed their panic test.

Lijacote
21-01-2008, 05:40
his chaos lord and the dragon lord all fail and flee. Dragon and disk flee off table

As far as I am aware, characters mounted on Discs can not flee / panic / whatever since they are Immune to Psychology courtesy of the Disc. I could be wrong, or you could have been playing 6th (seeing as this is a feature of 7th edition?)

21-01-2008, 05:54
I was doing a 2v2 my brets and WE vs skaven and ogres.

the WE player cast the regeneration spell on my unit of knights. then I get hit by the leadbelchers. 18 shots hit. 9 wounds. 3 saved by armor, 2 saved by ward save, and the last 4 regenerated. the look on their face priceless.

to be fair that game my dice were HOT. usually the lady hates me and I make a ward save (or 2) all game. that game I saved probibly 18 wounds with the ward. I guess fighting with WE makes the lady happy. (proof shes an elf)

Cap'n Facebeard
21-01-2008, 15:23
I had my Fiend of Slaanesh creeping, with uncharacteristic slowness, towards a Screaming Skull Catapult. In my turn, it rolled just 1" short of eating the skeleton crew. Then my opponent turned his TK archers, who managed three hits. Guess what? Three
sixes to Wound, sniped that Spawn good.

Whiteface
21-01-2008, 15:36
I remember a small game (600 pts.) between my Beastmen and some Woodies on 48x48 inches table with too many obstacles to be comfortable.
I had 3 Packs of Beastmen and 1 Charriot, my opponent had dryads...only.

My plan was pretty simple: charriot almost in the center, 1 pack of beastmen on each side and the third in hiding...on the second turn my gors were expected to change direction to the center to support the charriot and leave two of his dryad units without something to fight. So far, so good...unfortunately my battlecrazed gors weren't cooperating: both packs failed their LD-roll and were going for some tree hugging action...without being in charging distance.

Now - in return - my beasts were in charging distance for the dryads and without any support. My left flank vanished instantly under two packs of dryads not without leaving a pretty standard behind.

No surprises on the next turn. Nothing worked as supposed...as a highlight my charriot wasn't in the mood to attack because of fear (i guess the spirit was gone...) and subsequently charged by those bushwhackers.

He had more and better units, already conquered one standard and was preparing to finish me off and have a nice party (woodelf groupies, free drinks with umbrella, disney songs...you know them woodies :rolleyes:)
I was thinking about surrender...

From that moment on CR was on my side and he failed every single LD-roll. I killed his general, chased down most of his dryads (incl. the unit with my standard) and won the game.

I was extremly pleased with my superior tactical skills ;) (i.e. desperately needed unbelievable luck) and he was...grumbling like an old dwarf.

This introduces me to this board ("Hello, all of you!" :D) as an not extremely talented player, but one who will - in a reasonably fair game - have a good laugh about his own losses. I prefer entertaining defeats to boring victories...well, obviously entertaining victories are even better...

FatOlaf
21-01-2008, 15:57
5 Khorne Chosen knights charge 20 of my Skaven slaves, Knights wiff most of their attacks and only kill a couple, in return I of course do nothing.However I win CR by 1, he moans about that (hates CR) but rolls needing a 9, he rolls 11, then for flee distance, he roll 1,1,2 and I roll over that easily, 40 points of slaves take out Chosen Knights with out causing a wound... Marvellous! :D

My Dwarf opponent in one turn, misfiring all 4 (Yes 4) of his Organs guns!...........:evilgrin:

EvC
21-01-2008, 16:33
Was that a different game to ours? The one where he misfired with both cannons first, then misfired with two organ guns, then finally with his final piece of artillery managed a stonking 2 hits. Which he chose to re-roll, and came up as a misfire that time...

High Elf Lord on Star Dragon charges into a unit.
10 attacks, all S7, four of which allow no armour save (star lance)
Of the few that hit, none wound a T3 unit :eek:
Severe case of rubber lance syndrome.
Lord ran like a startled rabbbit.

Wow, that beats my case where I killed a single Skeleton Archer with my Prince on Star Dragon...

mr_purple_9
21-01-2008, 19:59
The Hellcannon misfiring twice in two turns killing 3 enemy lvl 2 Mages and leaving my sheepish looking Lord on 1 wound.

Or I was playing with Skaven and I was playing against Tzeentch Mortals super-magic heavy with maxed out Lords and heroes. First turn my unit with Gray Seer gets shot fails the panic test and makes the warplightning cannon, rat ogres and giant rats run with them...

But I was spared a massacre and nearly brought it to a narrow win because the surviving warplightning shot two 2 lvl 2 sorcerers.The remaining unit or rats with frenzy induced Skaven brew and warlock engineer got irresistible force, wiped out half the unit of horrors and then charged and beat up the rest...

Never had so much fun while losing!

stashman
21-01-2008, 21:24
1. Some LUCKY wolfrider bow shooting got an Empire Knight unit to panic of the table!!!

2. Ogre Bulls charging nightgoblins. Very Bad dice rolling impact hits made 0 wounds. Then the nets made Ogres S3 and the the ogres was run down!

3. A long wolfrider chariot charging a beastherd with a lvl 4 shaman. 6 wounds from the Impact and another two from crew and wolfs! Bye, bye when the chariot run them down.

Delicious Soy
21-01-2008, 23:29
TK vs Chaos:

My mates chariots have a nasty habit of butchering entire regiments of skeletons so imagine my pleasure when I got one dead on with a shot from a catapult. Perfect guess, no scatter. Chariot was dead as a doornail.

I said that fateful words "2+ to wound! Take that!"

I promptly rolled a one and my friend collapsed in a heap on the floor.

logan054
21-01-2008, 23:45
Was that a different game to ours? The one where he misfired with both cannons first, then misfired with two organ guns, then finally with his final piece of artillery managed a stonking 2 hits. Which he chose to re-roll, and came up as a misfire that time...

That certainly would be as he had 3 organ cannons not 4 ;)

Cycorax
21-01-2008, 23:48
TK vs Chaos:

My mates chariots have a nasty habit of butchering entire regiments of skeletons so imagine my pleasure when I got one dead on with a shot from a catapult. Perfect guess, no scatter. Chariot was dead as a doornail.

I said that fateful words "2+ to wound! Take that!"

I promptly rolled a one and my friend collapsed in a heap on the floor.

Hahahaha :evilgrin: typical eh!?

Same thing happened with me and my friends O&G Cat, except he actually did get the hit, dead on, no scatter. Squashed my DE chariot flat :eyebrows:.

Alathir
22-01-2008, 13:09

*AHEM*

He was shoved in his bag thank you very much! NOT his pants.

I repeat. In his bag, NOT in his pants.

SkawtheFalconer
22-01-2008, 13:15
In one game, I cast Steed of Shadows on my Chaos Aspiring Champion, flying him into the crew of an organ gun. I missed all but one of my attacks, which failed to wound. In return, my character is slain!

My personal favourite was in 6th ed, Chaos wizard in a chariot miscasts and takes a S10 hit... as does the chariot, blowing itself up.

marneus54
22-01-2008, 17:51
Funny moments are when a dragon decides to flame a unit of temple gaurd and not skinks. Flame attack kills none and the skinks proceed to blow darts to the riders face killing him and the dragon flees. :D score one for the little guys

Dark Seraphs
22-01-2008, 22:48
And the Keeper of Secrets didn't get 1 for outnumber? It's US6.

Oh yeah, forgot something about the Wizard being on higher ground.

FatOlaf
23-01-2008, 19:14
That certainly would be as he had 3 organ cannons not 4 ;)

Yes it was a different game but forgot about our comedy moment, yes that one is actually better, all that trouble to kill one Terradon, priceless..

Chadjabdoul
24-01-2008, 02:06
Chaos dwarf gr. Taurus lands near my o&g artillery. Bl. orcs fail terror test while doom diver shrugs it off.
Bl. orcs fail rally test running of the table, while taurus attacks doom diver who again passes his fear test staring death in the face defiantly. Bl. orcs are sissies!

DoomBringer
24-01-2008, 05:37

Malekith can only take a maximum of 1 wound from any source no matter what it is. :O

-On note of the topic, the most comical thing I have seen is when 2 dark elf spear warriors killed a whole unit of chaos knights. :|

kroq'gar
24-01-2008, 07:03
most comical was a unit of common goblins get frontal charged by 20 witchelves and flanked by 15 corsairs, some tremedesly freaky rolling ensued; the goblins won, broke both regiments, and ran down the witchelves.

Sir_Turalyon
24-01-2008, 07:38
5th edition. 3 Grail Knight survivors of recent Assault of Stone charge into full unit of 20 white lions just to hide from magic and do some damage before death. They somehow score draw, win the "whose musican plays louder" roll and run elves down.

Still 5th edition, Dark Elves kill all horses of Chaos chariot. Players decide the crew of 3 Chaos warriors may disembark for laugh. Then the crew routed entire flank of DE army, one unit after another.

Empire player guesses range for cannon just front of my KotR lance, cannon overshoots, ball lands behind lance, on top of my BSB and in front of other lance, does not bounce and cause only single wound on my BSB.

Lexy
24-01-2008, 07:56
Terradons ( are those the flying lizards?) charge a unit minotaurs in the flank, which are in combat with a unit saurus warriors.
The minotaurs win and the terradons flee 18" while being 17" away from the board's edge.

badgeraddict
24-01-2008, 11:44
most comical was a unit of common goblins get frontal charged by 20 witchelves and flanked by 15 corsairs, some tremedesly freaky rolling ensued; the goblins won, broke both regiments, and ran down the witchelves.

That's Insane!

On the flip side I beat 50 night goblin spearmen with 3 witch elves, over three turns!!! Utterly crazy

Riftsower
24-01-2008, 17:45
I have a few here. All of this is 6th edition for reference.

First one was my VC vs my friends HE army. He more or less had me on the ropes and it was the last turn of the game. My unit of 40 summoned zombies are looking at his 25 strong unit of HE spearmen with prince in it. He tells me not to be a sissy and charge him. I figure why the hell not and go for it knowing the zombies were going into a meat grinder. He then fails his fear test, and due to me outnumbering him, flees. He had no turn to rally and that turned the game from me losing, to me winning. He was a good sport and we laughed until we cried.

Second one was a 2v2. TK and VC vs Brets and DE (dont ask). About turn 5 or so it shows a large unit of grail knights with general and BSB looking at a unit of tomb guard and tomb king which was down to about 10 models. Last spell of the turn, brets and DE have no scrolls and only 1 dispel dice left. TK tries to make his bone giant charge into the rear of the grail knights to save the other unit. Rolls a 2. Bret player looks to the DE and says "you can do this, just dont roll a 1 and we win". Then BAM a 1, Bret player calls the DE player "the worst teammate ever!" and they lose.

And lastly watching that same DE player vs a dwarf player. DE players gets completely owned, down to a hero in an executioner unit sitting on a hill. 3 dwarf units charge him from the front (general in longbeards), side, (BsB and warriors) and rear (miners). I'm watching this thinking that it was a bit overkill. Then just like that, dwarves only kill 2 models on the charge, the DE player then hits, wounds and KILLS with ALL off his return attacks. Breaking all 3 dwarf units even with the bsb reroll.:wtf:

logan054
24-01-2008, 18:09
I think the funniest thing that has every happened in one of my games is a undead player moaning about flying terror causers :wtf:

badgeraddict
24-01-2008, 19:09
I think the funniest thing that has every happened in one of my games is a undead player moaning about flying terror causers :wtf:

Haha random

Kahadras
24-01-2008, 21:07
My mate was using a balanced 1000 point HE list (using the new ed) against OK. Shooting and magic did very little (knocking off a wound here and there but not actualy killing a single Ogre). A unit of bulls hits his Spearmen. Both units whiff and the Spearmen win (ranks and standard) and proceed to run down the Bulls, ending up deep behind the Ogres battleline.

In the next round the Ironguts hit his Phoenix Guard. Yet again there is failure all round and the Ironguts flee. Unfortunatly they flee a massive amount through another unit of Bulls. Both units flee in such a direction to end up passing through the Elf spearmen and are removed.

Basicaly the HE player somehow managed to win a decisive victory without managing to kill a single Ogre through either shooting or hth combat.

Kahadras

logan054
24-01-2008, 23:58
Haha random

He was moaning about how good flying terror causes are (being a exalted daemon), funny thing was i didnt know undead had to take terror tests :rolleyes:

Copenhagan
25-01-2008, 02:30
They don't

But on topic I charged 3 terradons into the flank of 10 slayers in one line I killed only 1 a turn for like 3 full turns then killed the rest of the unit. The slayers did not do 1 wound to my terradons.

Also one Game I was playing lizzardmen vs TK (I was the lizzards) turn 2 cast comet dose not hit till the end of the 5th turn rolled a 6. I was winning at the time. Then the comet comes down kills 4 or 5 TK models and pretty much kills every unit in my army. I lost the game as well.

sing Sang a song
25-01-2008, 06:01
this happen last weekend when i was playing 2vs2 (HE WE vs WE dwarfs) our opponent was one Dwarf player and one newbie who borrowed store army. WE deploys his dryads in front of HE chariot and his glade riders in front of my wild riders. with a smile we charged and made both units flee and made chain panic test which made half of dwarf, and WE army ran off the table when they are failed to rally next turn. And game was over by our 3rd turn with massacre!

luck*is*my*friend
25-01-2008, 08:07
i was playing lizardmen ageinst skaven, 15 skinks in combat whit 40clanrats and my skink priest charged in the clanrats, the skaven player was laughing and i got in his back and my skink priest was figthing 3skaven clan rats and owned them while the normal skinks did not do to well. but my skink priest cused the rats to break and hunted dem down :D

Alathir
25-01-2008, 09:31
3 hulking kroxigor crash into 20 commandless goblins... the kroxigor cause zero wounds and in return take two from the gobbo's vengeful wrath.

The kroxigor flee and are run down.

Lost Egg
25-01-2008, 09:43
I saw a game where a lowly goblin managed to wound a Dragon Ogre back in the day when they were as hard as nails

HN

Kerrahn
25-01-2008, 10:54
As always, my stories are related to my brand new Hellcannon, and not in a good way for me.

First game against Brets, misses first shot. Second shot manages to get one Knight under the template and vapourise him, causing the unit to flee from the board. I was cheering. However, next turn it misfires, eats its crew and spends the rest of the games trying to hunt down Brets.

Second game against Undead, first shot scatters and almost hits Crom the Conquerer (large template has half an inch off) despite the fact he is standing more than 10" from the enemy (guess range was off a bit). Second turn, misfires, eats its crew, proceeds to rampage across the board, killing in total 5 Dire/Fel Bats or whatever they are, 10 Zombies, 2 Dire Wolves, 10 or so Marauders (also broke them with a rear charge into combat) and 5 Chosen Chaos Warriors.

On the plus side, I've had my WE Glade Guard (10 man) suffer a charge from Dragon Princes, win the battle through combat resolution, chase after them (didn't catch in the pursuit though), have them rally and turn for another charge, only to have me decide to charge the DPs instead of shooting (or S&S), break them again and run them down. Has happened twice now.

Also, against Empire, my WEs were winning, until his unit of 15 or more Knights started massacring a bit of my army at a time. They killed my Dryads, 1 or 2 units of Glade Guard, my wizard and my general, only to end up standing with Glade Guard on a hill in front, and 3 Glade Riders to the side. He expected me to shoot with both (gaining the advantage with S4 shots) and then take the charge on the high ground, but instead I opted to charge down the hill and charge the riders into their flank, causing a crap load of wounds to both our amazements and run them down.

Bran Dawri
25-01-2008, 12:13
Ooh boy, I love these threads. A bunch of the funniest moments in my gaming career:

One game versus skaven turned out to be an exceptionally bloody affair. In the very last turn of the game, all I had left was 3 slayers in charge range of his last unit, 10 jezzails. Needless to say, I charged. His stand and shoot left only the giant slayer alive, who killed 2 jezzails, just enough to win combat by 1. The jezzails fail their break test, and run off the board. The slayer fails his test to restrain pursuit and runs off after them, leaving a completely empty table...

Another game, back when 6th edition was still new. A unit of Knights of the White Wolf charge my organ gun crew. Miraculously, due to one crewman surviving, scoring a wound and having higher ground, I manage to hold my ground. In my turn, I flankcharge the knights. They fail their panic check, and my crewdwarf runs after them, singlehandedly annihilating the entire unit including hero.

Finally, a game at the Dutch GT with my daemons. My Lord of Change is on top of a hill, and gets charged by Nurglings. He starts jumping up and down on them, slips, and nearly falls of the hill, using his wings to turn the fall into something resembling a glide - straight in front of an enemy chariot... who then fails his fear test to charge the GD.