PDA

View Full Version : Who runs 1k Sons' ships?

Raverrn
18-01-2008, 14:37
See thread title. I imagine a sorceror commands it, but what about everything else? Can Rubric Marines man a gun or fighter? What about preform maninence, manage stores or operate a radio?

Ninjaguiden
18-01-2008, 14:49
I believe that such mundane duties are done by servitors or human renegades, space marines of any kind are too few (and consider themselves for more important) to busy themselves with such triffles.

WallyTWest
18-01-2008, 15:12
One of those things where if you knew the truth… it might drive you mad. It might be safer not to know of the thousand hells aboard those ships. Our Emperor protect good sailor’s souls.

Renegades, thralls or slaves pilot some ships. Other times ships are “crewed” by apparitions of long dead sailors or small deamonfolk that live between layers of decking.

Depending on your warlord and the source of his ships it could vary. Crazed cultists, Disciplined pirates, Maddened Marauders or even Misshapen Mutants. I imagine the grand sorcerers of Tzeentch, being an independent lot, would crew their ships with a loyal and bloodthirsty crew that is capable in combat.

MadDogMike
18-01-2008, 16:20
Unlike the Imperium which seperates out Space Marine vessels from the Imperial Navy (partly to prevent the SM from having the naval strength to wreck havoc like was done during the Heresy), Chaos Marines and "standard" renegades use the same ships. As long as it can carry Dreadclaws and/or landing craft, it works fine for Chaos Marines. So I imagine even outside the 1K Sons most Chaos Marines don't actually "crew" their vessels as such beyond being commanders and instead use normal Chaos-worshipping humans; they probably stick to pre-Heresy setups, and I can't see those generally requiring your elite Space Marines to be the ones stuck handling routine naval tasks when there was no stricture against mixing regular military and the SM. One fluff bit in BFG also noted they use a lot of captured Imperial Navy personnel as slave labor.

BigBadBull
18-01-2008, 18:43
Read the some of the Space wolves books... there is a bunch of bording actions aginst Chaos battle ships, but I think most of those were just "Chaos" opposed to 1k Suns.
Cultists, slaves , Mutants.... would be your answer.

zendral
18-01-2008, 20:41
Ditto with others. Chaos marines generally don't "run" the ship outside of complete control. Imagination comes into play with the 1k sons tho. Some ships in the fleet can be crewed by a daemon, some crewed by traitors, loads of mutants, corrupted captains, etc.

Da Black Gobbo
18-01-2008, 21:11
They are runned by the 1k sons ship's runners, obiously :).
(stupid comments appart)
Agree with the rest ^^.