PDA

View Full Version : Magic Heavy Slaanesh 2000 points

trydragon
18-01-2008, 15:36
Ok I been playing Hordes of Chaos for about a week and I find that My Slaanesh Sorcerers kick ass so i gone for a Magic heavy army what do you guys think and is there anything you could point out that would improve my list.

HQ

Exalted Sorcerer 404
LV 4
Chaos Steed
Biting Blade
Skull of Katam
MK of Slaanesh

Sorcerer 181
Lv 2
Spell Familiar
Dispel Sroll
Chaos Steed
Mk of Slaanesh

Sorcerer 206
Lv 2
Power Familler
Chaos Steed
Mk of Slaanesh

Mortals

5x Knights of Chaos Chosen 345
FC
MK of Slaanesh
Raptures stranded

5x Knights of Chaos 235
FC
MK of Slaanesh

15x Warriors Chosen 365
Shields
FC
Mark of Slaanesh

20x Marauders 185
FC
Light armour
Shields
Flails

5x War hounds 30

5x War hounds 30

Total points: 1991

ordomalleus
18-01-2008, 16:15
while slaaneshi sorcerers do kick ass you might want a close combat lors to go with the chosen and you can take another hero sorcerer if you shave some points up

Little Aaad
18-01-2008, 18:14
while slaaneshi sorcerers do kick ass you might want a close combat lors to go with the chosen and you can take another hero sorcerer if you shave some points up

No you don't. Chosen will win most fights.

Magic Banner better on the non chosen.

You need more marauders, drop the warriors for 2 more blocks.

Briohmar
18-01-2008, 20:21
OK, where should I start on this. The problem with going Slaanesh Magic heavy is that you need to be able to back up the lore with heavy combat and speed. The three mages and two units of knights do this fairly well, but then you have the entire contingent of footsloggers hanging back. You also have nothing to hunt artillery. Chosen warriors will never make back their points in a game, so I would suggest to you that they are wasted in this list. If you dropped them in favor of another unit of marauders this time with light armor and shield, and a unit or two of marauder horse, you'd probably have the workings of a good army. You probably could stand to lose the armor and shields on the first batch of marauders. Flail wielding loonies do allright when you run them naked, just remember not to let them get charged. If you want the static CR unit just go HW SH, if you want hittters, just go flails or great weapons. doubling up on their roles is kind of silly. You might also try to find the points to add in a spawn or two.