PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Empire theme idea

TimmyMWD
18-01-2008, 15:54
Hey all,

I'm a long time warhammer player considering starting an Empire army. I have an idea for an army theme but I'm not exactly sure how the composition of the army would work.

Here's the idea for the theme:

I'd like to do an imperial colony of sorts (similar to the one in Araby marked on the map) that is an invested project by Nuln; therefore similar colors to the city and loads of gunpowder/etc. I'd like to play WW1 style force with loads of infantry advancing under the cover of a Steam Tank (maybe 2?) with mortar or rocket support. I'd like to have my missile infantry advancing, so I'm thinking of taking archer detachments and model them as "light handguns" that can fire on the move.

But like I said, I'm not sure how to build the army comp to represent this background/tactic style of constant advance. What are your thoughts?

Much appreciated,

timmymwd

kroq'gar
18-01-2008, 15:59
Go for one parent handgunner of 10 with two 5 man detach. leapfrog. One or two standstill, the others advance. Dont expect to win though.

Edit, to win i'd say parent unit of swardsmen, backed by two detach of handgunners.. leapfrong them fowards, and then stand and shoot against a charger.

Spoonie
18-01-2008, 21:59
If you're doing an empire colony, there's no way there'd be a steam tank, and two is right out. As for mobile missle fire, the reason handguns can't move and shoot isn't because of their size, it's because they take forever to reload. I'm not exactly sure how they've managed to make mechanical horses without mastering the mysteries of the bullet casing, but there you go.

Overall I guess you could get it to work, but I just don't see any connection between an empire colony and the first world war - it seems like you're trying to mix a "real" army background with a gag army or an Imperial Guard theme.

Goruax
19-01-2008, 09:11
You could always go for quite a lot of militia.
Might be quite weak, but would be fairly rag-tag as befits a colony just getting off it's feet.

Perhaps a Handgunner Parent with two detachments of militia/free company.
That kind of thing with a cannon or three supporting them.

And your WW1 style of advancing sounds really quite unique :)