PDA

View Full Version : I would quite like to see

Lostanddamned
18-01-2008, 15:57
More Futuristic FPS's without aliens in.

Yes, really.

I've been playing lots of Crysis lately and the best bits are the bits where you were fighting real people.

And I just find it more fun to be a buffed up supersoilder, combating both supersoilders and regular soilders.

Plus when you encounter a brand new alien race, unless it is done very well with a well implemented backstory, unlike that of crysis (where it's more :eek: Aliens! kill them!), there is no feeling that you "understand" what you are combating, and so you just sort of flail at them and hope they will die.

Basicly I would like Crysis to continue in the awesome setting for a bit longer and not completely write out the Koreans the second the aliens turn up. I mean it would be cool to have a "the enemy of my enemy is my ally" sort of situation, where you are having to co-operate with the Koreans, dispite being unable to communicate with thte average grunt...

Lardidar
18-01-2008, 16:13
Thats why I am no fan of Halo and the like but love CoD and Rainbow six games.

Something for me just feels better killing men than aliens/androids.

DraXaus
18-01-2008, 16:50
Aliens don't bother me. Yes, having a backstory is always a good plan, but what really bothers me in most FPS, is the constant repetition of going from point "A" to point "B". You can have a lot of cool stuff happen along the way, but you're still going along the path they give you. Now, if they gave you freedom of choice to go to point "C" "D" or "E" to get to point "B", or have one of the other points become the mission. That would make things more interesting.

Gue'la Koholic
18-01-2008, 17:41
Go play timeshift then.

Warden
18-01-2008, 17:53
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2808-Zero-Punctuation-Crysis

warboss48
18-01-2008, 19:02
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2808-Zero-Punctuation-Crysis

That is a bit NSFW.

kortholaxthedamned
18-01-2008, 20:29
NSFW? Enlighten me..?

Outlaw289
18-01-2008, 21:32
NSFW? Enlighten me..?

Not safe for work. i.e. if you viewed it at work or around family, the cursing would probably offend or attract unwanted attention.

Though in my honest opinion, it's one's own fault if they click a suspicious link around family or their boss.