PDA

View Full Version : Favourite IG Super Heavy

boogle
18-01-2008, 20:17
What is your Favourite Imperial Guard Super Heavy Tank and why?

For me it's the Stormhammer, just something about Twin turrets and lots of Heavy Bolters appeals to me

boogle
18-01-2008, 20:46
Anyone going to give their reasons for voting for their favourite Super Heavy?

Dangerman
18-01-2008, 20:48
It's all about the Macharius for me - It is a tank that looks the business. Rules and fluff-wise, it may not be a match for the others on the list, but at least they are pretty easy to produce.

Light of the Emperor
18-01-2008, 20:51
The Malcador continues to grow on me. The original varient is awesome! I'm not a fan of the Macharius style, but the one with the vulcan bolter is amazing.

Still, my favorite tank has to be the baneblade with the plasma blastgun or whatever its called...to many "storms".

floyd pinkerton
18-01-2008, 20:53
malcador, I love it!

btw, you forgot the gorgon

boogle
18-01-2008, 20:54
Stormblade LOTE, would not look out of place in your Vostroyan Army

SquishySquig
18-01-2008, 20:57
:skull: Malcador. It's massive archaic design fits in really well with 40K. I have been tempted to loot one. Oh and of course the Gorgon is definately a favorite I could see my boyz looting that as well. :skull:

boogle
18-01-2008, 20:58
decided not to go with the Gorgon, should really have entitled this Super Heavy Tank

HobbitTank
18-01-2008, 20:59
Macharius. Easy to convert something about that size from 1/35 scale sets.;)

MegaPope
18-01-2008, 20:59
The Stormblade, easily. In looks, intent and effect...

1) Take Baneblade
2) Remove turret - replace with sub-atomic hairdryer
3) Convert enemy to mushroom cloud
4) Win

Baneblade itself comes a close second, with the Macharius in third, for sheer coolness of design - 'WhatTank Tank Of The Year 2007'

susu.exp
18-01-2008, 21:01
Stormhammer for me. The first GW game I witnesses was a SM/TL one and the two models that made me want to play were the Stormhammer and the Ork Mega Gargant. I like the idea of a single-purpose SH. Though I might have gone for the Leviathan if it had been on the list...

Shortseer
18-01-2008, 21:02
Malcador. Everything about it makes me happy and i dont even play guard. i like the name, the design of the model is fantastic, and its a wicked good tank imo

boogle
18-01-2008, 21:06
Is that the Basic Malcador you like?

Marshal Argos
18-01-2008, 21:14
I also voted Malcador... I love the lines, the style. It looks like Beast but it's still beautiful. and besides it's one of the easier ones to scratch-build.

boogle
18-01-2008, 21:19
I see the Hellhammer isn't getting much loving

IG_hopeful
18-01-2008, 21:25
Anyone going to give their reasons for voting for their favourite Super Heavy?

As I dont have the creative-ness ta do conversions. I just happily own two Baneblades & one Hellhammer. But hope to add a third Blade to the formation

infernus31
18-01-2008, 21:26
I'd have to say for me the Baneblade. simple weapons combination, maximum destruction on anyone :D

catbarf
18-01-2008, 21:33
The Malcador, because it looks so different from any other Guard vehicle.

The UnNamed One
18-01-2008, 21:49
The Stormhammer, lots of guns are nice. not that difficult to convert either, buy 2 baneblade kits. And then you can use the hull from the second one to convert another vehicle (ork Baneblade veriant comes to mind).

boogle
18-01-2008, 21:56
The problem you have with making a Stormhammer is the positioning of the turrets

Chaos and Evil
18-01-2008, 22:17
It has to be the Stormhammer for me... that was the first Epic Super-Heavy I bought way back in the day.

aad
18-01-2008, 22:43
well in my opinion

the stormhammer is the best for me. with 2 banebladecannons and 2 demolishers
(another 2 banecannons looks ridiculous to me).

and on the side note:

i still don,t think that the malcador and the macharius should be counted with the superheavy,s.

-the baneblade and all its variants are SUPERHEAVY TANK.
-the macharius is a big mother but not the same so a HEAVY TANK.
-the malcador is a nice looking thing but its just a large leman russ MEDIUM TANK??
-leman russ =LIGHT TANK.

but that,s just my idea about the whole tank thing.

imperial armour (siege of vraks) speaks about the macharius tanks as a simpeler lighter version of the baneblade with less firepower but easier to build, so they can make more.
so it should be a heavy tank, and so it is mentioned by forgeworld also.

the malcador is also called a heavy tank, but its not. it has less armour protection, smaller tracks, small cannons and other guns that are smaller.
but its still better than an leman russ.

boogle
18-01-2008, 22:48
I'm classing them as Super Heavy's based on the Structure point Criteria

Hulkster
18-01-2008, 22:54
SHADOWSWORD all the way

I just love the idea of the Volcano Cannon

I also love the model

cant wait for the new conversion kit to come out

Earthbeard
18-01-2008, 23:30
Stormhammer, loved this beast in epic, die you wretched infantry die.

Of course I would choose Gorgon, if it was on the list.

catbarf
18-01-2008, 23:33
i still don,t think that the malcador and the macharius should be counted with the superheavy,s.
-the baneblade and all its variants are SUPERHEAVY TANK.
-the macharius is a big mother but not the same so a HEAVY TANK.
-the malcador is a nice looking thing but its just a large leman russ MEDIUM TANK??
-leman russ =LIGHT TANK.

I agree. I have a Malcador, and it's not a superheavy at all. Sure, it's got a good bit of firepower with a Demolisher and seven heavy bolters- but other variants, like the Battle Cannon + Heavy Stubber and sponsons aren't a major step up from the normal Russ. It's tougher, but also reeeeeaaaal slow.

lord_blackfang
18-01-2008, 23:43
I love the look of the Malcador Defender and especially the Battlecannon version, which kinda reminds me of a yacht.

Kulgur
18-01-2008, 23:48
*hugs the hellhammer*

What can I say? I love burny death. You can't run and you can't hide:P

Cry of the Wind
18-01-2008, 23:49
Stormblade...I have a bunch for epic and am just waiting for the conversion kit for the plastic Baneblade to come out. It gives the whole 40k imagery with an giant tank with sponsons and a huge crew while also have a high tech super plasma gun on it.

Bunnahabhain
18-01-2008, 23:59
Does it show that it's mainly Guard players bothering to post?
Having chosed an army that is considerably over-costed, we then proceed to vote for one of the best looking and least leathal for it's points tanks, the Macharius, becuase it's fun and looks good, and isn't stupidly overpowered, unlike the Apoc super heavies.

I myself voted for a Macharius, as I have 2, one of which is radio controlled...

AllisterCaine
19-01-2008, 00:17
based on looks? the macharius with the vulcan mega bolter; gotta be the most beautiful tank i have ever seen.

playability? the baneblade

Stella Cadente
19-01-2008, 00:32
Macharius with 2 VANQUISHER CANNONS
2 DAMNIT, 2!!!!!!
and I love Vanquishers, so its a wet dream for me, and it would shoot the Baneblade to shreds with them beauties

catbarf
19-01-2008, 00:42

Do they count as twin-linked in-game?

Stella Cadente
19-01-2008, 01:14
Do they count as twin-linked in-game?
not according to the rules I have, it clearly says 2 Vanquisher cannons:D

Marshal Argos
19-01-2008, 08:39
In IA:A the are listed as Twin-linked turret-mounted vanquisher cannons.

DaHedd
19-01-2008, 08:57
Malcador.

It just looksmean and nasty and basic, very gothic 40k. Ive gotta look at converting a few Russ into them.

Dragonlv8
19-01-2008, 09:45
2 DAMNIT, 2!!!!!!
and I love Vanquishers, so its a wet dream for me, and it would shoot the Baneblade to shreds with them beauties

Your weird, you have wet dreams over tanks, I prefer Girls persionally, hmm Imagine the dream difference, 1 guy rooting a tank, the other is normal because hes rooting a girl.

Sorry if that was a bit inapropreate but, I just had to seeing as im 14 and someone have wet dreams over tanks, And my friends think im obsesed with this game. No offence.

Personally I choose Baneblade as Im not aloud to buy of the internet.

superknijn
19-01-2008, 09:48
Baneblade, because of its iconic status.

Epicenter
19-01-2008, 13:19
Macharius with VMBs. Yes, other tanks might look more Guard or whatever.

But I'm afraid I must bow down to any tank with lots of spinning barrels shooting out obscene amounts of fire.

Mind you, being IG, that translates to maybe seven Marines dying in a turn, not even enough to wipe out a whole squad of the blighters (that's why I figure the Baneblade doesn't have the VMB variant - BS4 would be OTT for a VMB toting tank).

IG_hopeful
19-01-2008, 13:33
Does it show that it's mainly Guard players bothering to post?
Having chosed an army that is considerably over-costed, we then proceed to vote for one of the best looking and least leathal for it's points tanks, the Macharius, becuase it's fun and looks good, and isn't stupidly overpowered, unlike the Apoc super heavies.

*Pointing to self* I'm not a guard player. Nor do I care if the Baneblade/Hellhammer are over priced in points I mainly play DA and related armies. I may only be able to use the three I own in Apocalypse games but that is fine with me..

Galatan
19-01-2008, 14:15
I've voted for the macharius because I have a Vulcanian macharius:angel: and I still think it's an awesome tank.

Although I have to say that I've had the most fun with the baneblade. Somehow when I'm using one it simply doesn't blow up. Last apoc game I had a brass scorp and a defiler trying to blow it up after it lost it's last structure point for at least 2 turns... in the end it withstood everything in my opponents army and it was immobilized and had no guns remaining, but at least it was still alive (a).

Deadmanwade
19-01-2008, 16:07
I would have gone for the Macharius with the Awesome Mega Bolter, but the Apoc Baneblade is made out of pure win. And 10" templates are the business.

Adeptus Awsome
19-01-2008, 18:09
I agree with what was said above , partially - you just can't beat the vulcan mega bolter when it comes to pwning mass infantry: fifteen attacks man! that gun is insane!

Bloodknight
19-01-2008, 18:46
Voted Malcador, the Heavy bolter variant. It sort of reminds me of the A7V tank from WW1, and I love that thing.

Stella Cadente
20-01-2008, 20:49
In IA:A the are listed as Twin-linked turret-mounted vanquisher cannons.
mines the NONE apocalypse version of the rules from the FW site (when they were up)

SonofUltramar
20-01-2008, 21:08
Mine's the NON apocalypse version of the rules from the FW site (when they were up) Corrected spelling

Those would be the "get you by" rules until they actually printed them in a book. Now they are in a book, all be it IA:A, they take precedence and how likely are you to use it in anything other than Apoc?

As for the poll, I voted Baneblade, I have two and although they rarely get used I think they are the iconic Super Heavy tank. The others may be great big anti-ship lasers on a tank or over sized plasma guns but the Baneblade is the jack of all trades, face anyone kick their head in, Super Heavy:)

Stella Cadente
20-01-2008, 22:12
Those would be the "get you by" rules until they actually printed them in a book. Now they are in a book, all be it IA:A, they take precedence and how likely are you to use it in anything other than Apoc?
VERY likely, since I don't play apocalypse, so those rules have no effect on me at least (WOOHOO saved some cash)

Raven Down
20-01-2008, 22:44
Macharius is just plain deadly to infantry platoons

boogle
20-01-2008, 22:50
Which one though?

Colonel Stagler
20-01-2008, 23:28
Stormsword, anything that shoots rocket propelled demolisher shells is right up my street :)

Captain Micha
21-01-2008, 02:08
Macharius... that thing is drop dead sexy.

Stella Cadente
21-01-2008, 02:10
Which one though?
all of them

Inquisitor Strife
21-01-2008, 02:15
Love the Death corp Tanks!!!!!!