PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Awards

Eldritch Storm
19-01-2008, 04:27
I was writing some fluff for my chapter when I reached the bit where It would show what awards individuals and the Company won.

So I pose this question to you, what awards can Space Marines win?

Barltok
19-01-2008, 04:52
Don't remember where those all were exactly, but I believe they go over it in the painting section of the SM codex, maybe the Ultramarines codex.

Though one squad should have the best chilli award somewhere on them.

Eldritch Storm
19-01-2008, 05:55
not much their but I did gather a few things such as:

Imperial Laurels of victory for company banner

Captains Heraldry displayed on banner

Symbol of what they had great victoy over e.g a sword going through an ork head

an iron halo for the captain

purity seals for the company

Drogmir
19-01-2008, 06:35
I remember they get these weird stubs shoved into their heads for every 10 years in service

Kandarin
19-01-2008, 07:44
A lot of decorations are campaign-specific and unique, devised to commemorate specific deeds at a particular place and time. There are as many of these as there are campaigns in which the Astartes have fought, and you're free to invent your own and paint them all over your Marines. GW's put together a very nice collection of examples which can be found here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/blacktemplars-crusades/1/).

CELS
19-01-2008, 13:58
From Codex: Ultramarines
Iron skull - Sergeant's badge
Imperial laurel - Act of valour (also mandatory for the carriers of Company standards)
Iron Halo - Exceptional initiative, insignia for squad leader (ret-conned later)
Marksman's honour - [A golden bolter shell pendant) Acts of remarkably accurate shooting.
Skull and motto - Generic honour badge

Lord Damocles
19-01-2008, 14:11
Chapters also have award specific only to themselves, for example the 'Novastar' award is metiond in DoW DC.

Eldritch Storm
19-01-2008, 20:57
Thanks for the help, now I have the awards sorted out for my Space Marines.

javgoro
20-01-2008, 17:13
Isnīt terminator honours another kind of "award" of sorts too?

scratchbuilt
20-01-2008, 18:12
They get beaten for days by their chaplain if they are cowardly in combat. If they are courageous, they get a longer beating, being pious servants of the empire they solemnly appreciate their punishment/award. Just like public school. Perhaps the senior marine prefect sodomizea them if they show extreme valor in combat.;)(humor, don't flame me fanboys)