PDA

View Full Version : commorragh

nazrag
19-01-2008, 09:20
Hello

A gaming friend told me something horrible yesterday, and I just had to "check" if it was true..

Commorragh is destroyed? :eek: Got killed off in the "Eye of Terror" campaign... :eek::cries:

Sekhmet
19-01-2008, 09:49
so it's true?

nazrag
19-01-2008, 09:56
That's what I'm trying to find out...

Cause I never heard anything about it :(

chrome_ghoul
19-01-2008, 10:16
AFAIK Commorragh is not destroyed, but several parts of the webway used by dark eldar were left inaccessible to them.

FarseerMatt
19-01-2008, 10:16
Commorragh destroyed? Not bloody likely. The Dark Eldar got PUSHED BACK to Commorragh by the Craftworlders during the campaign so they don't control as many tunnels as they did before, but Commorragh itself is safe (as are any other Dark Eldar web-cities as far as I'm aware).

malika
19-01-2008, 11:08
Didnt the Eldar Codex state that there are more Dark Eldar cities in the Webway?

Also, arent the Dark Eldar capable of creating more Webway tunnels?

Easy E
19-01-2008, 15:37
Yes, to having more than one city in the Webway now. All though to find this out, you need to look in the Eldar codex instead of the DE codex. In addition, the DE have roaming fleets in the webway of DE exiled from Commoragh.

Commander Dante
19-01-2008, 15:43
While we are on the Subject of Commoragh...is the city have the surface area of a planet? and if so how many Dark Eldar populate it? do you think Dark Eldar outnumber the Craftworld kin?

ryng_sting
19-01-2008, 18:32
Doubtful.

Some tunnels to the Dark City were sealed off during the EOT campaign, limiting their raiding options. Although it is the largest DE city, there are other ones scattered across the Webway.

The Guy
19-01-2008, 21:59
Didnt the Eldar Codex state that there are more Dark Eldar cities in the Webway?

Also, arent the Dark Eldar capable of creating more Webway tunnels?

So the Eldar are dying out. But the Dark eldar are expanding?

Lastie
19-01-2008, 22:11
So the Eldar are dying out. But the Dark eldar are expanding?

Well, to be fair it's generally stated that the Craftworld Eldar are dying out. The Exodites, Kabalite, and Crone Worlders are generally not mentioned in the same breath, so we can generally assume their lack of Path-ness leads to a more active sex life and more kids. ;)

Edit: Besides, to support such a back-stabbing way of life the Dark Eldar need to breed like rabbits!

FarseerMatt
19-01-2008, 23:21
Edit: Besides, to support such a back-stabbing way of life the Dark Eldar need to breed like rabbits!

That was more or less my thought on the subject, but dunno about there being more of them than the CWE.

I sometimes wonder if some Craftworlds ARE expanding. Most of the time the CWE are floating around occasionally pulling strings but in general avoiding everybody - despite 40K being a wargame, in the grand scheme of things CWE are not at war that much. During these times of comparitive peace, their populations would grow (albeit slowly).

Icarus
20-01-2008, 01:33
Craftworld populations are generally considered to be in decline however. Yes they are mostly not at war, but it is assumed (although not actually ever said by GW AFAIK) that Eldar have an extremely low birth rate, which would make sense given their long lifespan. As such they remain a "dying race" in that they can never hope to increase their numbers.

Dark Eldar we have such scant information on its hard to say. It would make sense that they breed a hell of a lot more, as they are not bothered by the same restrictions as CWE, and their socirty would need a lot of new Eldar being born to survive. And yet Eldar as a race are described as dying out, not just those on Craftworlds. It seems likely that despite high birth rate, Dark Eldar often have short lives, living like rats.

Roll on DE codex, we need some fluff goddamnit! :D