PDA

View Full Version : Which is cheaper a shrink or GW?

starlight
26-09-2005, 00:00
For those of us in high stress jobs, which would you rather spend the money on?

1) therapy
2) hobby

Discussion?

devolutionary
26-09-2005, 00:01
Hobby. I don't trust therapists of any kind. They've always told me that I have issues where issues do not exist, and then tried to enforce a stereotype on me. Screw em. Give me more Marines, Nids, and Vampires any day!

TenTailedCat
26-09-2005, 00:33
Neither recently to be honest, I've not played a GW game of any description since about April.
No shrinks for me thanks.

Son of Morkai
26-09-2005, 00:48
Beer.

*says the person who refuses to drink*

I'd go with the minis. You know you're getting something for my money there. No real guarantees with the shrink. It may be less effective, or cause other problems, but at least you have it and it's something you can actually hold.

Alco Engineer
26-09-2005, 00:50
Not just spending money on GW but on jeans (yes I have an unhealth obsession with buying jeans. I just love them) xbox games and alcohol (which I tend to prefer to collect nice and moderately priced bottles of wine and fortifieds.....mmmmm). Plus I don't want to talk to a therapist about my problems (does paying a hooker count as receiving professional help......not for me of course but in general?) Plus I'd rather combine the 2 forms of professional help in my fiance who provides her services for free. (Well I do buy her stuff I guess but its better than giving it to strangers)

Wiseman
26-09-2005, 01:58
hobby, easy, i hate shrinks

:0)
26-09-2005, 02:55
I don't need a shrink, and used books and dvd's bought dirt cheap are much cheaper than pyschologist bills and miniatures.

Kensai X
26-09-2005, 03:11
Huh, I think the real question is...

Do I need a shrink or a drink...?

Son of Morkai
26-09-2005, 03:26
Huh, I think the real question is...

Do I need a shrink or a drink...?
Well, thing is, that's not really a question. Technically, yes, but it's like asking if you need a chest wound or a free Warhound. The answer is a little too obvious.

violenceha
26-09-2005, 04:15
i say hobby. a hobby can't place you in an institution.

The Dragon Reborn
26-09-2005, 05:25
hobby is a stress reliver for some, but for those speacial few who get really worked up about the game GAME they need the srink opinion

Opus T. Penguin
26-09-2005, 07:50
While I certainly have enough job related stress, I'd prefer it I spent it on neither. However, my track record says I've been spending it on Warhammer.

PSD
26-09-2005, 09:10
From experience, iv got far more from the Hobby in terms of relaxation and pleasure, than i have from seeing a shrink. At least here the shrinks are free (though theres a stupidly long waiting list) on the NHS.

lord_blackfang
26-09-2005, 09:15
How about a different job?

Hywel
26-09-2005, 17:25
Technically, yes, but it's like asking if you need a chest wound or a free Warhound. The answer is a little too obvious.

Chest wound?! What the hell do shrinks do to you these days? :eek:

Scabby
26-09-2005, 19:08
GW is gotta be cheaper. Nothing makes me feel better than shooting the crap with the guys on game night. I doubt a shrink could do better. Plus I can go to the store for free if I really want to(no luck I spend $$$$). Also at the end of it I can give it all away to quite happy friends or hit e-Bay for beer money.

No contest really

Xhalax
26-09-2005, 22:11
Doing hard drugs would probably be cheaper than GW.

The hobby is a very expensive one, but there are some really nice things out there to collect and game with so I'm able to convince myself enough to spend so much money on the stuff I want/need.

Although there are ways to get an army cheaper than through GW.
God bless ebay!

Alco Engineer
27-09-2005, 03:05
Doing hard drugs would probably be cheaper than GW.

The problem is I know that if I were to take up chroming I'd have to use GW spray cans because they just smell so damn good.

Xhalax
27-09-2005, 10:37
Well I guess it is easy to get high on GW products anyway.....all that spray and glue fumes when you're undercoating and glue together whole army deals and battleforces at once.