PDA

View Full Version : Da Squig army?

Spellscape
19-01-2008, 20:42
Hi all
Is it possible to create FB army on Squigs (at least with them as main unit). Or Squig + Spiders? for 2000p. Im new to FB can you give if its possible some draft army list.

Thank you for any help.

Wolfmother
19-01-2008, 20:59
if there a core choice then yes!

but with my limited ork knolage i would say there not so personally id use squigs and just use the goblin stats for core choices the sqig herders and riders and the special charecter with the giant goblar thingy!

W0lf
19-01-2008, 21:03
spider riders are core.

so you can take 3 -> as many as you want.
Squigs are special so 4 (units) at a standard 2k game.

Spellscape
19-01-2008, 21:04
TNX
Is NIGHT GOBLIN BOSS ON GIANT SQUIG , SKARSNIK AND GOBBLA good heroes?

thomas2
19-01-2008, 21:08
Giant spiders are more reliable than giant squigs for characters. Perhaps a budget suicide squig rider and more reliable spider riders for more expensive characters and shamans.

Spellscape
19-01-2008, 22:15
What is optimal Squig unit size - they sold only 3squigs 2 goblins blisters - how many do I need
Or example
I will take
1 Skarsnik and Gobbla
10 FOREST GOBLIN SPIDER RIDERS
3 Fanatics
12 NIGHT GOBLINS SQUIG HOPPERS
12 NIGHT GOBLINS SQUIG HOPPERS
15 Squigs + herders
15 Squigs + herders
1 Rock Loba
1 spear chuka
and as second hero if its possible http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110209167&orignav=13

Tutore
19-01-2008, 22:22
Look: you really want to take 4 heroes, as a regular goblin army should have. You need to hit hard!
AND, avoid 10 models spider riders units, they are difficult to move and lose part of their mobility, much wanted in a fast cavalry unit.
Fanatics hide in 20-models night goblin infantry units. You lack them.
Your list has 6 special choices. Cut down to 4. If you want maximize squigs, cut on war machines, which are all special.

Lorcryst
19-01-2008, 23:21
Just a couple of things to add to Tutore's comments : Squig Hopper units are restricted in size, 5-10, so your two units of 12 are not legal ... and Squig Herd units are fragile and may blow up in your face (if all the handlers are killed or if they break from combat), they are really tricky to use.

Gazak Blacktoof
19-01-2008, 23:29
If you want to include some artillery in an army and still get plenty of squigs in then you can use doom divers. They are a rare choice so at 2000 points you can get 2 of those plus 4 squig units.

I've still not tried out the herds this edition but the hopper units are excellent, though I've had mixed results with them against high elves where the always strikes first rule is a killer to unarmoured units.

I don't use special characters but skarsnik does look pretty good for his points. He is unarmoured so you don't want to expose him to too much abuse and his low leadership will always be an issue but other than that he looks like a fairly solid choice.

I'd try to get plenty of magic in a night goblin army to complement skarsnik's prodder. It should be easy enough to get the itty ring, horn of urgok (both bound items) and the squig pipes into your list to cause your opponent a few issues in the magic phase and turn the tide with leadership issues.

Braad
20-01-2008, 08:59
Ok... I got the feeling you either don't have the armybook yet or really need to read up the rules.

So, to help out a bit, here's an example of a 2000 points army with lots of squigs and spiders. First of all, you may have 1 lord-level character, in this case Skarsnik. Second, you may have 4 characters total, so I added three more, including one shaman for some magic defense. I also gave them some magic items to pump their power a bit. For a 2000 point army you also need at least 3 core choises, in this case spider riders and night gobbo's. You may include a maximum of 4 specials and 2 rare choices in this army, you can read the ones I've chosen below:

Lord:
Skarnsik & Gobbla
Heroes:
Night goblin big boss on giant squig
- Carries Light Armour, Shield and Wollopa's One Hit Wunda
Night goblin big boss
- Carries a Great Weapon, Light Armour and The Pipes Of Doom
Night goblin shaman
- Carries: 2 dispel scrolls

Core:
1 unit of 30 Night goblins with champion, standard and musician
- Equipment is spears and shields, and they have netters and 3 fanatics
4 units of 5 spiders with champions and musicians
- They carry spears, short bows and shields

Specials:
2 Squig herds, each 5 teams (meaning 2 units of 25 models)
2 units of 10 squig hoppers

Rare:
Goblin Doom Diver Catapult
Giant

This is an army of 1987 points total. If I'm correct, it is completely valid, but of course, everyone can make mistakes :p
Note that squigs herd are bought in "teams": 2 herders and 3 squigs (exactly the amount in one blister) per team. This means that for this army you will need 10 teams total, meaning 10 blisters.
Also, I've added command groups to some units. If you don't know what this is:
Command groups can consist of the following: Champion, Standard bearer and a musician.
The champion gives a little bit extra fighting power, the standard bearer adds some combat bonusses and the musician gives you a bonus when you need to rally from fleeing.
For the rest, better read the rules, but this should give you a nice start.

Spellscape
20-01-2008, 21:04
I'm NOOB to FB. Thank you all for help.
Do Squigs (for example lets forget about spiders) work with Orks ? Is it good to buy http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120209016&orignav=13 Army deal and add squigs?
And is this model legal for play ? ( http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110209167&orignav=13 )
And Skarnsik & Gobbla - They work with Night Gobs or they fine with orks too - I've read rules - only one ruleis specific to Night Goblins

Tutore
20-01-2008, 21:12
The model on giant spider is 100% legal. Orcs and night goblins fit perfectly together, they make a horde army without a specific theme, which is 100% ok to me. Skarsnik as a general is ok in this case but not the perfect one, the best one being a orc warboss because of the leadership and items combo.

Dranthar
21-01-2008, 04:25
Skarsnik can certainly be used in an army primarily consisting of orcs, but his special rules mean that he's best used in an army with multiple large units of Night Goblins.

Spellscape
15-03-2008, 01:21
Another questions
Can Skarsnik join regiments?
What is real optimal size of squig hoppers and squig herders?

Mireadur
15-03-2008, 01:53
6 squig hoppers would be ok if you are going to do small battles. but squig herders i feel you will need them in units of 20-25 depending on the size of the battle.

Skarsnik can join regiments.

Urgat
15-03-2008, 08:33
for hoppers, 7 is usually the max number of them you can put iun combat, so having hopper units with more than 7 squigs is only interesting if you're facing missile heavy armies (or if you know your opponent fields wider units, of course)