PDA

View Full Version : 2k Undivided

angron88
19-01-2008, 21:54
Alright, so I don't know where exactly my army book is, but working from memory, I felt like trying to work out a quick and cheap list. I usually prefer Tzeentch with a lord on disk and 3 heros, a unit of knights, marauders and some warhounds-but I feel like testing a new list. Feel free to rip it's heart out and eat it

Lord-Shield, Crimson armour, barded warhorse, blade of blood-289?

Heros-BSB, Chaos standard-165
Heros-Sorcerer, lv. 2, dispel scroll-145
Heros-Sorcerer, lv. 2, dispel scroll-145

Core-18 Warriors, shields, full command-300
Core-20 Marauders, shields-120
Core-20 Marauders, shields-120
Core-10 Marauders, flails-60
Core-10 Marauders, flails-60
Core-5 Chosen Knights, full command-295
Core-5 Warhounds-30
Core-5 Warhounds-30

Rare-4 Spawn-240

So, Basic plan is to throw the knights, Lord, and warhounds down one flank and the warriors (with BSB), and marauders through the center. The spawn pretty much get dropped in randomly across from any big combat units that they may be effective against, or at least can whittle down a bit.

The only real flaw I find with the list is that there isn't much cavalry aside from the knights, and the rest of the army is really slow. Shooty armies would probably knock out the knights and warriors first, and once they're gone, the rest should crumble down.

And lastly, a question: would a pair of marauder horsemen be more useful than the spawn, or should I keep them to help draw fire?

Any suggestions would be awesome

Cheers

BattleofLund
19-01-2008, 22:53
I don't think shelling out for a Chaos Lord and then sending his Ld9 down one flank is the optimal use. Also, your Marauder blocks could use some more stuff (in descending order of importance): musicians, banners, and light armour.

The Spawns will (almost) keep up with your infantry advance. Not much wrong with that, if that's what you want. Horsemen could strengthen the cavalry wing or push ahead to kill ranged threats, yes - maybe exchange two of the Spawn for a bunch? Diversify, like? They will certainly be as high a target priority as your Spawn, in my experience.

One thing you've left out is Chariots. Any specific reason?
Also, what banner does your BSB have? The only one I can match to a Mortal BSB's points value is the Beast Banner, which of course benefits only Beasts models.

angron88
20-01-2008, 01:09
As I said, I don't have my army book with me, but I remember there being an undivided banner, other than the 125 point chaos glory...thing.

If I am horribly wrong and that does not exist, then I'll just go off and count it as a normal warbanner and steal the +2 Res.

If this is the case, then I'll take those points and snag LA and a musician on the marauders.

NEVER will I put a standard in a unit that costs less than 150 points, the 100 VP you get for taking the banner gives up too many points to the enemy IMHO.

So, still a few changes-as shown below

Lord-Chaos Lord, shield, GW, blade of blood, armour of damnation-299

Heros-Exalted Champion, BSB-125
Heros-Sorcerer, Lv. 2, spell familiar-135
Heros-Sorcerer, dispel scroll, dispel scroll-135

Core-18 Warriors, shields, full command-300
Core-20 Marauders, shields, musician-125
Core-20 Marauders, shields, musician-125
Core-5 Marauder Horsemen, flails-70
Core-5 Marauder Horsemen, flails-70
Core-5 Chosen Chaos Kinghts-255
Core-5 warhounds-30
Core-5 warhounds-30

Rare-2 Slaanesh Spawn-150
Rare-2 Slaanesh Spawn-150

So, Lord is going to join the Warriors with the BSB, Marauders on the flanks, Horsemen, hounds and Knights go for a flank/horsemen take out small units. I don't particularly like chariots, the impact hits are good, but I think that they just tend to be overpriced, and Spawn can do their job almost as effectively at less points.

bigbear bailey
20-01-2008, 15:02
OK, here's my input...

The warriors look good but I think getting rid of a rank of them and giving them the war banner well help more then the numbers... I would give them two hand weapons as well so you know they well butcher weaker units...

The lord is to much points, use an exalted instead as he will do about as good as the other guys and the points difference is big... Hell give him the Great weapon and the HoME and then he can take out whole units before the fight has even begins so the warriors can beat the hell out of every one...

With that you could add some extra hand weapons and the war banner as is...

Slaanesh spawn are great as is...

NEVER PUT TWO HEROS IN ONE UNIT... A flank charge will butcher the a unit no matter what it is (although I have seen halberd wielding Khorne warriors get flanked from a side and a read and WIN due to kill ratio!!!! but other then that...) Put the banner on a horse and that well give you a extra swing save and all that good stuff...

Marauder horsemen need musicians...

That's what I think anyway.......