PDA

View Full Version : Heretic list in Codex Witch hunters

Shadowphrakt
20-01-2008, 09:42
I have the witch hunters codex and am very interested by the list for renegades and heretics at the back of it. I am strongly thinking about making a force like this, and was wondering;
Would you (my opponent) be happy with me using it outside of fighting a witch hunters army? woud you be ok with that?

thanks,
Duffy

Emperor's Avenger
20-01-2008, 09:49
I personally would. It might be a good idea to use some other units though because it's quite limited.

Shadowphrakt
20-01-2008, 09:59
Yeah, was thinking including things like a heretical eman russ seen as they can take chimera's for transport. or creating new squads e.g. Renegade Ogryns or something along those lines. I just think it is too good a ist to waste only against witch hunters. I mean, how many witch hunter players are there?

Revlid
20-01-2008, 10:05
I'd use the Lost and the Damned list instead - neither is tournament legal, but the LatD is more 'official' and varied.

Not sure where you get it, however - wasn't it available for download somewhere?

T_55
20-01-2008, 10:29
Incidently they used the list against black templars in white dwarf, despite the 'can only use against witch hunters' notice. Go for it, but if you really wanted to use it, the LaTD list is more complete in my opinion so i'd go for it instead because you can already incldue leman russes, defilers and big mutants (Ogryn equivalents).

max the dog
20-01-2008, 16:16
Incidently they used the list against black templars in white dwarf, despite the 'can only use against witch hunters' notice. Go for it, but if you really wanted to use it, the LaTD list is more complete in my opinion so i'd go for it instead because you can already incldue leman russes, defilers and big mutants (Ogryn equivalents).

What issue was that battle report used in?

Rioghan Murchadha
20-01-2008, 16:20
I'd use the Lost and the Damned list instead - neither is tournament legal, but the LatD is more 'official' and varied.

Not sure where you get it, however - wasn't it available for download somewhere?

I think GW pulled the download for some reason, but if anyone wants the LatD pdf, just PM me and I'd be happy to e-mail it.

catbarf
20-01-2008, 16:22
Yeah, was thinking including things like a heretical eman russ seen as they can take chimera's for transport. or creating new squads e.g. Renegade Ogryns or something along those lines. I just think it is too good a ist to waste only against witch hunters. I mean, how many witch hunter players are there?

The Forge World Renegade Militia list in IA:V has Renegade Ogryn Berserkers. Basically Ogryns with FNP and D6 attacks, but can die from the effects of the drugs that grant them those abilities (You roll a die at the end of the turn, if it's less than the number of attacks then they take wounds equal to the difference). Oh, and they can take Power Weapons.

In fact, the Renegade Militia list might be what you're after. Less of a daemonic influence, but still very Chaos.

Supremearchmarshal
20-01-2008, 17:25
As catbarf said, if you want a corrupted Guard army, Imperial Armour V is great.
The LatD list is more like a mix of Mutants, Traitor Guardsmen, Daemons and a few CSM.

The Australian GW still has the LatD list:

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/40k/chaosspacemarines/gaming/lostandthedamned/default.htm

(I've reworked that list - see my sig if interested)

Shadowphrakt
20-01-2008, 18:54
I was mainly wanting to use the list for the rogue psykers psykic powers. Puppet Dance is just awesome.

boogle
20-01-2008, 23:23
what sized game were you thinking of playing? If it's Apocalypse, then you could go for it without any problems

Gen.Steiner
20-01-2008, 23:30
I'd be perfectly happy with you using it with the Imperial Guard list to create a nice army.

A good idea is to use the Psyker as a HQ allied to the Guard. :) All Guard lists (well, most) have one spare HQ slot anyway! :D

TwilightOdyssey
21-01-2008, 00:06
Sounds like a fun, characterful way to go! I would love to play against it!

That being said, definitely ally it with IG, or you will get reamed by a more battle-hardened/recently codex'd force. (See the recent thread on using a WH list for a Rogue Trader army and my comments there for my full opinion on the matter :) )

dr.oetk3r
21-01-2008, 00:47
I agree, it sounds right fun.

silence
21-01-2008, 01:31
Even if you don't use the list, I'd seriously recommend looking at the FW renegade models, very cool for this.

Otherwise I would not have a problem with this.