PDA

View Full Version : Name these movies...?

Marsekay
17-04-2005, 00:09
I cant for the life of me remember these 2 movies titles.

I thought one of them was called "Mega force", but i was later told it was actually called "delta force" but after looking on IDMB it didnt look the right one. and mega force didnt even turn up anything,
Anyway all i remember from the film was some people had a kind of underground base in a mountain or something, then they all got dropped off somewhere, all these little jeeps and buggys motor bikes and a strange comms vehicle hanging back, then they all evac'ed out at the end, and some guy nearly misses the plane but little wings pop out of his motorbike and he flys into the back....
Anyone know it?

The other film was a couple of guys had stolen a truck or were taking a truck somewhere, abnd it had a little gun turret on the top too i think, nd they were being chased by "the red army" i was too young to realise they meant the russians at the time haha. i seem to remember the truck being called sundown? but it may not have been.

arxhon
17-04-2005, 00:16
I remember seeing the first movie when i was a kid. IIRC, it was one of those wierd post apocalyptic 80s' movies. Even as a kid, i was like WTF? when the motorcycle sprouted wings. :D

Unfortunately, i can't remember the title either.

Marsekay
17-04-2005, 00:42
Just did a bit bit more research, it was called Megaforce, not Mega Force!
Spent ages thinking i had the title wrong!

grizzly ruin
17-04-2005, 01:16
Anyway all i remember from the film was some people had a kind of underground base in a mountain or something, then they all got dropped off somewhere, all these little jeeps and buggys motor bikes and a strange comms vehicle hanging back, then they all evac'ed out at the end, and some guy nearly misses the plane but little wings pop out of his motorbike and he flys into the back....
Anyone know it?

The other film was a couple of guys had stolen a truck or were taking a truck somewhere, abnd it had a little gun turret on the top too i think, nd they were being chased by "the red army" i was too young to realise they meant the russians at the time haha. i seem to remember the truck being called sundown? but it may not have been.

I cannot help you with your query.

I'd just like to add, that as vague as these two descriptions are, I'm convinced this is what the pitch for most hollywood movies read like.

edit: this is just a stab in the dark, but any chance the second movie was "Red Dawn" with Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen?

Delicious Soy
17-04-2005, 04:07
Was the second movie 'Stripes' with Bill Murray?

Marsekay
18-04-2005, 06:06
The first one was called Megaforce its been confirmed.

The second one was definatrely about a coouple of guys taking a souped up truck somewhere. being chased by "the red army" who i am sure were in jeeps and under the command of a woman!

and i think the truck had a turret on the top, and i dont think it even had a trailer.

sigur
18-04-2005, 19:31
edit: this is just a stab in the dark, but any chance the second movie was "Red Dawn" with Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen?

I also had to think of this one when I read the short descrition, but it's just a very vague guess. A stab in the dark, as you said. But "red dawn" was some hell of a movie. I've got no idea if this is meant to be good or bad either... :D

grizzly ruin
19-04-2005, 13:38
But "red dawn" was some hell of a movie. I've got no idea if this is meant to be good or bad either... :D

By my own internal reckoning, I've decided that this movie is good in a cheesy way.

Which means that they should not have originally made it, but it's fun to watch if I'm all liquored up and the whores have passed out.

Cypher
19-04-2005, 20:21
Was the second movie 'Stripes' with Bill Murray?
That was Czeckoslovakia, not Russia. But it does fit the description pretty closely, although Im guessing that isnt what was meant.

The first one reminds me of the cartoon M.A.S.K. Wonder what ever happened to that?