PDA

View Full Version : Can I use these Tyranid weapons?

HsojVvad
21-01-2008, 00:06
I was visiting the Ozzy website of uk and stumbled apon this

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/40k/tyranids/gaming/spike/default.htm

It's a Strangle web and Spike Rifle. Are these legal rules? I know for home I can do whatever I want, but what if I go to my local GW store. Can I use them?

I am looking for a PDF for these rules but don't see them. Are they around anywhere?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bregalad
21-01-2008, 00:35
They were a legal choice in 2nd edition, with matching metal miniatures.
They are not in the 3rd and 4th edition Codex, so strictly not legal and subject to mutual agreement. That said, I would see no problem in using them, just bring both pages with rules (including point costs http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/strangler-skewer/2/ ) with you. They are not meant for serious tournaments though.

Chaos and Evil
21-01-2008, 01:06
I would play against players with these rules any day of the week.

starlight
21-01-2008, 01:11
Bring them on! (just remember to bring the rules as well:p)

Angelwing
21-01-2008, 03:15
yep, I do!

onnotangu
21-01-2008, 04:29
Actually they were legal for third. it was how they explained sales of the Older models or how to use those models as Counts as.

I used them quite often but they never really made thier points back.

there are Rules to use them in Killteam and they works wonderfully in that regard.

Remoah
21-01-2008, 05:23
Well they don't look all too scary IMHO... remember it's a 20pt T3 Model with a 6+ save... not all that menacing IMO.

But yeah, anything but a tourney should be fine, just be willing to have consent to play them or just count them as something else and use the points for something like Toxin Sacs or whatever on your fex.

LawrencePhillips
21-01-2008, 10:52
not at tourney but everywhere else you'll be fine.

Mercer
21-01-2008, 12:16
These weapons are also on the UK site and sound pretty cool. I would like to use them and any player which was playing against me I wouldn't mind if they used them.

Mercer

HsojVvad
22-01-2008, 21:47
Thanks guys, I will try and make them. Any ideas how I can make them? What should I use, how do I add green stuff to it?

Any links to anyone who has done something like this before?

jfrazell
22-01-2008, 21:49
You can just use them and count them as existing types as well.

CannedLaughter
22-01-2008, 22:07
Thanks guys, I will try and make them. Any ideas how I can make them? What should I use, how do I add green stuff to it?

It looks like the strangleweb is half of a devourer with the tip of a venom cannon put onto it and the spike rifle is some flesh hooks glued onto the end of a fleshborer, doesn't look too hard to replicate. Some greenstuff might be help to smooth out the where the venom cannon is put on.

Bregalad
22-01-2008, 22:27

I would search for them on ebay (plus other old Termagaunts to complete the unit), until you get them. I wouldn't recommend to invest too much time in greenstuffing outdated and not overly effective weapons.

Brother-Captain De Angele
23-01-2008, 06:28
you could definately play these weapons in apocolypse thats all i can really add

HsojVvad
24-01-2008, 00:53
Has anyone used these weapons? Are the fun to use or effective? Any Tyranid vets out there to say?

onnotangu
24-01-2008, 02:19
read the previous posts.

yes they work well in killteam but suck in larger games. remeber they are just guants and aside from a broodlord have 0 synapse support.