PDA

View Full Version : 5th Edition and Dark Angels

Deadmanwade
21-01-2008, 07:57
Just going over the leaked ruleset for 5th ed.
It seems like DA players now HAVE to take Sammael if they intend to use the Deathwing assault rules.
Scouts no longer get to set up in addition to your regular mission allowance. In one of the three basic missions you can only set up 1 hq and 2 troops choices. (Dawn of War I believe). Since Ravenwing are FA slots unless you take Sammael then theres the chance that they'll arrive after the Deathwing using the reserves rules.
Thanks GW. You've screwed me again. :(

P.s. Dont ask for the ruleset. Forum rules say I cant tell you where to find it, but it is out there where anyone can get it if they try.

big squig
21-01-2008, 08:25
Assuming that the playtest rules have not been updated in the last 6 months. Which is impossible.

Deus Mechanicus
21-01-2008, 13:54
Don't you mean Belial?

lord_blackfang
21-01-2008, 14:10
Don't you mean Belial?

No, he means Sammael, because he wants to get Bikes as Troops so they could start on the table in the Dawn of War deployment method and act as teleport homers for the Terminators.

But you can DS your Deathwing without a homer, so I don't see the problem. They just scatter.

Arkturas
21-01-2008, 14:15
Most players take Belial to get Deathwing as troops and then take ravenwing as fast attack. The ravenwing have scout so deploy on the table at the start with free move and then deepstrike the Deathwing to the advanced ravenwing.

Rumoured 5th ed rules indicate a change to the scout USR so they don't automatically start on the board and also a change to one of the missions forcing 2 troops to start on the board. This breaks the Deathwing/Ravenwing teleport homer with Deathwing Assault combination. You can't teleport the DW using DWA on the first turn to a teleport homer equipped RW squad that isn't on the board yet. Furthermore for the mission DW squads would be forced onto the board in deployment rather than the prefered DWA option and RW squads would come on later. Something of a annoyance for RW/DW players.

Deadmanwade
21-01-2008, 15:00
Yeah, my ultra elite strike team arrive at the target before the scouts who are guiding them to it.
Cause and Effect.
:(

UncleCrazy
21-01-2008, 15:14
Well the enemy could have moved from the zone where the Raven wing spotted them. And they had to replan the attack on the field.

Radish
21-01-2008, 16:53
Well the enemy could have moved from the zone where the Raven wing spotted them. And they had to replan the attack on the field.

And thats justifies it how...?

Reticent
21-01-2008, 17:34
Dawn of War is one third of the time, and assuming you have as many Ravenwing choices in reserve as you do Deathwing you are likely to have Ravenwing available to arrive on the same turn or sooner more than half the time.

Given those circumstances will be coming up less than 1/6 of the time it really doesn't sound like much to complain about. Such are the fortunes of war.

FWIW Tau with deep striking suits and a pathfinder devilfish are in a similar boat.

AngryAngel
21-01-2008, 17:45
It is a little beat, they seemingly give the ravenwing these abilities, nerf the codex to the ground, then make the abilities not even reliable in the new ruleset.

If you want a fair shake by GW, take another chapter brothers. The DA have been getting crapped on by GW for a long while. Just look at our lame 3rd ed book. It was a joke. At least with this one we got something substantial.

Just as it is, if you win with DA your going to have to do it with your brains. Because they won't give you anything of much worth in regards to wargear or rules. As is we should be known as the oldest chapter that doesn't ever learn anything new.