PDA

View Full Version : 2k High elves (magic heavy)

eleveninches
21-01-2008, 11:32
Here is my 2k list i have settled on (i have tried a lot of different lists since the new armybook was released):

Teclis
lv2 Mage (seerstaff, powerstone, barded steed)
lv2 Mage (silver wand, 2x powerstones)
BSB (heavy armour, great weapon, banner of sorcery)
10 Seaguard (standard, musician, warbanner)
10 Seaguard (standard, musician)
5 Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes
5 White Lions OR 5 Swordmasters
3x RBT

jigplums
22-01-2008, 00:28
the list looks good, with alot of powerful units in there. Not sure if 10 man seaguard are worth the extra points over archers. If you want seaguard i would recommend at least 14 models four 2x7 for combat, or even a 14 long archer unit. WIth such small units i would question the usefulness of swordmasters/whitelions and would be better off with an eagle or another boltthrower.
Also what role will the BSB be serving. Your units are all so small and fragile that any cc that they lose is likely to be bad news for them, enough that the BSB would of very little use. I would conside taking a 3rd lvl 3 and possibly giving a unit the banner of sorcery. That would give you awesome magical potential.

darkstar
22-01-2008, 01:10
The way I see it, those LSG are still going to lose combat if it ever comes to it, warbanner or no. Also, all of those characters are going to be horridly vulnerable to anything so much as a boisterous puppy, due to lacking any large units to hide in if things go rough.

I've seen lists similar to this (with more swordmasters and no BSB) get murdered by a generic dark elf army. And the Dark elf player wasn't even good. I'm not saying it won't work, but I don't see how it'll work easily.

eleveninches
22-01-2008, 12:55
I've test played it against a few armies, and it does work surprisingly well.

Also, all of those characters are going to be horridly vulnerable to anything so much as a boisterous puppy, due to lacking any large units to hide in if things go rough. lv2 on foot and BSB each in one of the seaguard units, and the lv2 on horseback in a dragon prince unit. Start Teclis in with the white lions, and then move him into a wood and have him cast spells that dont need a line of sight (plenty of them in high magic)
[/quote]The way I see it, those LSG are still going to lose combat if it ever comes to it, warbanner or no.[/quote] Not really. I'll have the BSB with a great weapon striking first, then I'll have 5 static combat res + wounds caused should give me combat res of 8 or 9, enough to beat most units.
Not sure if 10 man seaguard are worth the extra points over archersThey are most definately worth it. They do give up 6" of range in their shooting, but for the points cost of an archer unit champion, you can get +5 attacks instead of the +1 for a champion.
Also what role will the BSB be serving. Your units are all so small and fragile that any CC that they lose is likely to be bad news for them, enough that the BSB would of very little use. The BSB is there in case any of my seaguard units do get charged. He will be in the warbanner unit, and as noted above, gives them a good chance of winnning combat. He can be given a great weapon remember. Also, he is the bearer of the baner of sorcery, so if the enemy wants to stop my hellish magic, he has to try and charge the BSB's unit, will get shot several times with curse of arrow attraction, I can then stand and shoot and then attack first with the BSB and get 10 extra attacks from the seaguard. Plus, rushing to that unit will give him a chance of being countercharged by another unit
and possibly giving a unit the banner of sorceryCheck the list again