PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Rules / Optional rules

Traitor Legions
21-01-2008, 16:08
Ive heard a lot of people saying GW have streamlined 40k rules ect an example overwatch taken out and just having one flame temple and streamlined data sheets many more rules gone ect. Wouldnt it be a good idea to bring out an Advanced Rules / Optional rule book and bring out new rules / bring back rules which added more fun and a bit more depth/fun to the game. Just an idea what you think?

AmBlam
21-01-2008, 16:39
Perhaps, sounds like more work then it may be worth. Depends on demand I guess.

21-01-2008, 16:43
it depends.

can you make models to repreasent the new rules????

thats the only way it will get made :D

mark.k
21-01-2008, 17:15
it depends.

can you make models to repreasent the new rules????

thats the only way it will get made :D

why would you need new models to make new rules

Arkzein
21-01-2008, 17:15
They were supposedly going to keep the 2nd edition rules on as a skirmish game, never panned out though.

It should be simple enough to play most forces in the ruleset, it's the new armies Like Necrons (I seem to recall they only had Lords, destroyers, scarabs and warriors when released in late 2nd), Tau, Dark Eldar and new units like defilers, obliterators, ravenors etc. that would be tricky. I still prefer 2nd to the current ruleset but very few people out there still play using them so I rarely get the chance to indulge in it.

Tonberry
21-01-2008, 17:18
why would you need new models to make new rules

To make money by selling said new models. Hence the reason GW releases new stuff whilst still having gaping holes in existing rules, they need profit to function.

mark.k
21-01-2008, 19:25
what about money from book sales ?

Chaos and Evil
21-01-2008, 20:10
Making an 'advanced' rules patch for 40k is a commercially troubling prospect.

I reckon GW's current approach is fine:

- 40k is their intro game / main money maker and has a suitable level of complexity stemming from that.

- Epic is the 'advanced' 40k-set wargame, for those few who want a genuinely 'advanced' game system.

A.S.modai
21-01-2008, 20:13
Isn't that called cityfight?

Seriously. Heavy Flamers should have the big template back.

mark.k
21-01-2008, 21:15
epic no thanks i'll stick with good figures that look better