PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King 2,000 point list, looking for feedback! :)

TombKingler
21-01-2008, 18:35
Here is the list below, just looking for some feedback from other players...it has proven remarkably effective today.

Also I did the list in absence of a book-so some points and items may be astray, please comment :)

Prince, flail, crown of nekhara, 184
Prince, flail, chariot of fire, scroll, 199
High leich priest, Cloak of the dunes, staff of ravening, scroll, 335
Priest, casket of souls, hieratic jar 310

3x10 archers, 240

2xTomb scorpion, 170

17 TG, BOTUL, 259

3xCharriots, Mirage standard 190

1x scull chucka!, 110

2xScrolls
14xcasting
5xDispell

I will deploy the Princes in the charriot unit, I will place the chuka, Casket on a hill or so, and make sure the High leich priest is in range of the charriots (allowing for 8" move forward) and the chuka, to cast on one or the other! The archers will be deployed in lines along the front of my zone, about 20" appart, the idea being my priest can move through a unit-flt to the next and move through it, technically a 30-35" move....gives me some diversity..

Comments welcome...

notlogic
21-01-2008, 22:23
My biggest worry is that you don't have much to keep a fast list off your base. With 30 archers, a catapult, and a casket, you're most likely going to have the majority of your army gathered in one area. Brettonians, or pretty much any fast-moving melee list, is going to be on top of you in turn 2. With only one sponge unit (and not that big of one, to boot), I doubt you'll be able to keep them at bay long enough to let your shooting and magic do its job.

Also, with a high priest, a liche priest, and your opponent constantly worried about dispelling the casket, healing your units should be fairly easy. Taking this into consideration, you may do better to use the Icon of the Sacred Eye on your chariots, rather than the mirage standard. You need a chariot unit to hit your opponent and either break them, or get an inch away from killing them, on the first round of combat. The mirage standard won't help you with that and I doubt it will make enough of a difference against shooting to warrant its cost.

TombKingler
23-01-2008, 18:30
I have a new list

Tomb King tournament list...

Tomp Prince, charriot, flail, Light armour, Charriot of fire, Golden eye of Rah-Nutt
Tomb Prince, charriot, flail, Light armour, shield, blade of Setep

Liche High Priest, cloak of the dunes, staff of ravening, dispell scroll
Liche Priest, casket of souls, Hieratic Jar

3x10 archers, 1 with banner
1x3 swarms

1x3 charriots, banner, champion Icon of the sacred eye
3xTomb scorpion

1xScreaming skull catapult, skulls of the foe

2,000 points...

Thinking of swapping the icon of the sacred eye, Im relying on the first turn without it...also might play around with the items a bit-but this, esentially is it...

TombKingler
23-01-2008, 20:17
Or this...

Tomb King tournament list...

Tomp Prince, charriot, flail, Light armour, Charriot of fire Golden eye of Rah-Nutt
Tomb Prince, charriot, flail, Light armour, shield Death mask of Kharnut

Liche High Priest, cloak of the dunes, staff of ravening
Liche Priest, casket of souls, Hieratic Jar

1x20 archers with banner
1x10 archers
1x2 swarms

1x3 charriots, banner, mirage standard
2xTomb scorpion
3xUshabti

1xScreaming skull catapult, skulls of the foe

2,000 points...

Problem is I have NO magic defense :(

Raga
23-01-2008, 20:49
Careful - the =I= will get you, take them points off quickly.

Raga