PDA

View Full Version : Haloclix Scarab = Farsight Tau count-as Warlord Titan?

MrPickles
21-01-2008, 20:34
Alright, I am considerind buying the haloclix scarab and farsight tau-ifying it with an array of railguns, ion cannons, and about 15 shield drones. I would count it as a warlord titan. For those of you who don't know what the haloclix scarab is like, here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJQ2q1jkqA

The approximate size of the beast is: 24"(L) x 22"(W) x 17.5"(H)

My question is: Would you have any problem with me using it at an independent store as a warlord titan?

Oh, and for those of you who play Haloclix (because I don't):

Is it easy to paint over haloclix models?

xibo
21-01-2008, 20:48
someone at tauonline once had a much cooler scratchbuilt tau scarab :P
nethertheless it's cool but the real question is whether we allow you to field an imperial vehicle ( proxied warlord ) into a tau army...

...use vdr instead.

IncrediSteve
21-01-2008, 20:56
Apocalypse allows you to take anything you want with anything you want so it's fair game.

Seth the Dark
21-01-2008, 20:58
Sounds like a good idea. I jsut don't know if Halo and 40k should go together.

MrPickles
21-01-2008, 21:33
Tau and Covenant designs are both very curved which helps. I also have a lot of lee-way since I am doing a farsight enclave. Does anyone know where I could get a hold of the VDR online?

Bregalad
21-01-2008, 22:54
Generally I would have no problem with it, as I like to lend from other games myself. But there are two things:
1.) Currently Tau do not have land-based super heavies, so you would have to say, these are new. But Farsight is cut off from new material, only having very basic things, so you would have to argue very hard fluffwise. On the other side, I will use alot of Apocalypse super heavies for my loyal troops (see link below).
2.) The Haloclix Scarab costs 200 Euro or about 300 US-$! So there are probably cheaper alternatives (like the 130 $ 28mm scale Gundam Titan in my thread).

The Orange
21-01-2008, 23:04
Sounds like an interesting conversion, I'd love to play against it.

Moostikal The Confused
21-01-2008, 23:41
Got the halo-clix scarab. Its MASSIVE. HUGE. it stands over the fw blood thirster with room to spare, as in, stands astride it, body of the tank above deamon. So, tau warlord sized titan maybes but i wouldn't convert my one. its too cool for that like.
No really though, its so big its just daft.

BTW 139. its a big big thing.

MrPickles
21-01-2008, 23:56
It is only $180 on the war store ;)

http://www.thewarstore.com/product33782.html

Thanks for reassuring me it is warlord sized though.

1.) Currently Tau do not have land-based super heavies, so you would have to say, these are new. But Farsight is cut off from new material, only having very basic things, so you would have to argue very hard fluffwise. On the other side, I will use alot of Apocalypse super heavies for my loyal troops (see link below).

Or perhaps I could argue that since farsight does not have access to tau technology, he had to steal some alien designs *cough* necrons *cough*. I am sure farsight has some engineers with him that could build such a thing. It would also be a good example of farsight tau resorting to more primitive technology in the form of non-skimmer vehicles.

aj40k
22-01-2008, 00:33
I would love to play against someone with one, but im not sure if it would be an equivalent to a warlord titan, probably more a warhound or reaver titan. Very nice model and looks very tau like, and doesnt need a conversion, just make able to transport troops and open topped, so broadsides can fire of the top for railguns. Very nice model, when you get one give some pics :).