PDA

View Full Version : What units would be in a Sisters of Silence armylist, and what would they be like?

AdmiralDick
21-01-2008, 23:11
i've not really read much of the Horus Heresy series of books, but i did buy the art book for the card game (i can't get enough of Chaos Marines), and i've been particularly taken by the look of the Sister of Silence units. so i was wondering how easy it would be to represent them in the game (in a sort of 30k sub-game rather than a full blown 40k game).

what do you guys think? would it be possible to come up with a full enough army list for them? how would they fight? and what would mark out individual units?

Captain Micha
21-01-2008, 23:18
Can you show me a picture?

I hate to be obvious but possibly the sisters of battle?

I would use the pariah assassins as much as you can and sob for the rest. They seem to read like a sob force. with some minor differences that really can't be represented (yet) in the game.

Defcon
21-01-2008, 23:25
Grey Knights? Just never use their psychic powers and say they feel VERY WEIRD.

And a Culexus would make a pretty good leader or whatever-their-main-person is called. You could additionally do SoB, but I think the ridiculous stats of Grey Knights would suit them pretty well. This, of course, is based on the fact that I know what Sisters of Silence are, but not how they fight in the least, and my belief that they are all pariahs.

Eldritch Storm
22-01-2008, 00:11
The Bell of lost souls has a heresy era codex that has sisters of silence.

AdmiralDick
22-01-2008, 17:52
i wasn't really meaning i wanted to think of rules o use stand-in Sister of Silence models for. i was really looking for people, who probably had a better grasp of their background than me, suggesting how they would interpret these new units in the game (if they were developing them).

what stats would a Prosecuter squad have? how would they be different from a Seeker or Vigilator squad? what special rules would a Oblivion Knight have? what about an Extrautiatus Extraction squad or Witchseeker? where would you put them on the FOC? how many should there be in a squad/per army? that sort of thing.

Light of the Emperor
22-01-2008, 18:11
I think the WH codex is best. Many sister units can be adapted to the Sisters of Silence. Retributors are heavy weapons, Dominions are special weapons, Seraphim are jump and Repentia are zealots. Look at the artwork and see what the squads are armed with. Chances are you can link them to one of the SoB units. Then just follow the standard squad organization that the SoB use.

Also, Sisters of Silence are null/blanks. They are anathema to psykers. In this case, I'd give every model the special rules of the culexus assassin for a certain amount of points. Not the weapons, but the "souless" rule and whatever else he has.

It also seems their squad names have to do with winter and animals so you could probably figure out something creative there as well.