PDA

View Full Version : You know you play warhammer too much when...

KeeganKatastrofee
22-01-2008, 02:52
I found this in STR10_hurts' siggy:

You know you play Warhammer too much when...ploystyrene packing becomes more interesting than the DVD home cinema system it was protecting.

So, I thought it would make a good thread, so, here is is. THE THREAD!

Post your fun comments!

starlight
22-01-2008, 03:08
...I guess enjoy it too much... :(

...or should that be... :D

You know you enjoy it too much when: The value of your collection is carefully guarded from your spouse/significant other...:eek:

Nephilim of Sin
22-01-2008, 03:25
Ooh, I got a couple...

You know you play warhammer too much when you can justify spending $35 and 20+ hours converting a unit to save money, when if you have spent that amount of time on a part-time job you could have bought the unit and have money left over....

You know you play warhammer too much when while watching a movie, you tactically explore every angle, sum up 'unit strengths', and scream out 'insane courage', 'break test', or 'armor save' at any given time. Bonus points for correctly identifying weapon skill and number of attacks.

You know you play Warhammer too much when you spend more time on Warseer than actually painting......:angel:

Light of the Emperor
22-01-2008, 05:04
You tell the frenzied staff at McDonald's that they are outnumbered 4-1 by their customers and must take a leadership check or fall back. Similarly, you also tell them that they can't use the leadership of the manager...

Hermanesq
22-01-2008, 11:54
When in a uni lecture,

a girl gets out of reading aloud by saying she has a mouth ulcer, to which the lecturer replies 'you should get it lanced'

at which point, you hoist an imaginary shield, lance and pretend to ride a horse... with sound effects included.

As happened yesterday, atleast the lecturer creased up laughing when he saw me...

Chris W

Osbad
22-01-2008, 12:20
In trying to jump over a puddle, you don't attempt to cheat by "pre-measuring" and end up misjudging your leap and landing in the middle of it...

Ward.
22-01-2008, 12:22
You start rolling dice for everything you do as an "in" joke with your friends.

Tonberry
22-01-2008, 12:30
When you make ''You know you play Warhammer too much when... threads :D

'you should get it lanced'

at which point, you hoist an imaginary shield, lance and pretend to ride a horse... with sound effects included.

Or, for the 40k fans, you shout, ''Aha! No more AV12+ for you Mr.Ulser!''

Jedi152
22-01-2008, 12:33
When you've seen this thread altogether too many times.

Huw_Dawson
22-01-2008, 12:47
When you've seen this thread altogether too many times.

Agreed, this is the fourth incarnation in the last year...

- Huw

Norminator
22-01-2008, 18:40
Agreed, this is the fourth incarnation in the last year...

- Huw

Who cares, they're great :p (mods will probably quote that and tell me off soon...)

...when on hearing 'chitin' in biology you turn to your classmate and say 'Tyranids are made of that'

...when you're more excited about going to Gamesday on your own when you're 16 than being past the age of consent :(

...when a girl tells you they spent Ģ30 on perfume you look at them aghast and say 'you could have bought a tank for that!'

...when you know the chronological history of a semi-mythological event in a fictional sci fi universe.

...when you know full well that as most of your peers are having a great time at the school prom you will be painting a Leman Russ battletank.

...when you consider the greatest piece of fiction written to be about a political officer in the 41st Millenium and his regiment of troops.

...when discussing a fight you proclaim that the big guy only lost because he had a low initiative value.

...when you spend your Friday afternoons looking after a bunch of 13 year olds and making sure they don't mess around playing a game of 40k/Fantasy/LotR.

And most importantly...

...when you fight to defend the hobby that you enjoy and justify it to others, and in the process become a social outcast not particularly liked by many.

Yes, I am in particularly pessimistic mood this evening....

Gaebriel
22-01-2008, 20:54
... when you know more about the society, culture, and history of your favourite armies, than of your own country ;)

warflag
22-01-2008, 23:54
... when you know more about the society, culture, and history of your favourite armies, than of your own country ;)

this couldnīt happen to us, could it? :p

KeeganKatastrofee
23-01-2008, 01:43
You tell the frenzied staff at McDonald's that they are outnumbered 4-1 by their customers and must take a leadership check or fall back. Similarly, you also tell them that they can't use the leadership of the manager...

OMFG

You seriously made me laugh out loud for about five minutes, no exageration. You win.

EDIT:

However, upon reading the other posts, some others were as good. But, he's the only one I lol'd at.

haha
is that even a word?

KeeganKatastrofee
23-01-2008, 01:50
I've finally got one.

You know you play Warhammer too much when...your girlfriend calls you when you're at GW to tell you her parents said you can come over while they're two hours away at a meeting and you say. "I can't, I have to save the imperium. I'll call when I'm done."

haha
i can't believe I actually did that
haha

You know you play Warhammer too much when...

...you can come up with these things

RavenMorpheus
23-01-2008, 02:10
When you read another "You know you play warhammer too much when..."

Still it's only the 4th in the last 12 months.

I'll add my 2 cents to this:

You know you play warhammer too much when... you see that everyone around you is getting on with their lives...

Roguebaron
23-01-2008, 04:35
You know you play warhammer too much when your army has figures older than the students you teach, and is larger than your school population.

ctsteel
23-01-2008, 08:03
when you balk at the shelf prices of brand new box sets, but happily throw twice that amount down on OOP models (in component form no less) just because you want them for your collection.

Rekmar
23-01-2008, 09:01
You know you play warhammer too much when your busy playing and the in-laws ring to tell you that your wife has gone into labour and you reply with 'Okay, I've only got one turn left, then we'll pack up and I'll see you at hospital'

Not me, I hasten to add, but a friend I was playing a while back... We finished the game and then he went and sat in the maternity room for 14 and 1/2 hrs waiting for his twins to be born

Son of Morkai
23-01-2008, 10:05
When you show up for work dressed as a Commissar and yell at your coworkers to work faster. And read inspiring prayers from your Uplifting Primer. And threaten them with execution for deserting (going to lunch). Oh, and this all happened when I was working for the federal government. I was half surprised I wasn't hauled outside by security just for wearing the coat!

KeeganKatastrofee
23-01-2008, 23:05
In response the all the things telling me how this is a repeat thread.

My apologies, I just made it because the idea hit me, I did not know it was a repeat thread. However, please keep it up.

Thanks!

Dwarf Supreme
24-01-2008, 17:40
... you look at something you are about to throw out and realize that it can be used in a piece of terrain.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
24-01-2008, 20:03
You know you play warhammer to much when you start glueing models in class.

You know you play warhammer to much when you read a book from the black libary for some book report in school.

You know you play warhammer to much when you write on every page in your book WAAAAGH or Gork'n'Mork.

And I could make the list much longer

Norminator
24-01-2008, 20:06
You know you play warhammer to much when you start glueing models in class.

I am going to do this now. Will save me so much time!

...when your English creative writing coursework featured a bloodthirster.

mechu95
24-01-2008, 21:50
...when you fight to defend the hobby that you enjoy and justify it to others, and in the process become a social outcast not particularly liked by many.

Yes, I am in particularly pessimistic mood this evening....

Hmm...that's me...

You know when you play too much WH/40K/LOTR when you make "You know you play WH/40K/LOTR too much when..." threads

You know when you play too much WH/40K/LOTR too much when you drown in you collection of models...

You know when you play too much WH/40K/LOTR too much when you think that Heaven is the land of Elves/Galaxy before the Long War/Middle-Earth before the Ring, and when you think that Hell is the land of Chaos/Middle-Earth ruled by Sauron.

You know when you play too much WH/40K/LOTR too much when you nick every single dice you can find, and add them to your 12-billion dice collection.

You know when you play too much WH/40K/LOTR too much when you get more addicted to it than you were addicted to WoW.

(only if you're a woman) You know when you play too much WH/40K/LOTR too much when your baby is born with a WH/40K/LOTR addiction.

Norminator
24-01-2008, 22:06
... when you name your newborn son 'Kharn the Betrayer'.

Can you imagine the kid growing up ;)

The_Patriot
24-01-2008, 22:06
You know you play Warhammer too much when the fictional characters are more real then real women.

Brother-Captain Antilles
24-01-2008, 22:16
...you're in the middle of that *manly* conversation about cars with friends from work (who know nothing of GW) and quite loudly refer to that new Land Rover as a Land Raider - and yes I've done that...:p

Son of Morkai
25-01-2008, 01:03
You know you play Warhammer too much when the fictional characters are more real then real women.
I'll start paying attention to real women when real women start carrying chainsaws with which to purge the unclean.

thinkerman
25-01-2008, 01:31
You know when you play Warhammer too much when some kid says to you "thanks your my hero!" to which you reply "no, im a lord choice"

Wikhed
25-01-2008, 04:59
I'll start paying attention to real women when real women start carrying chainsaws with which to purge the unclean.

Sadly if that happened I would be portrayed as a worshipper of Slaanesh :(

Nazguire
25-01-2008, 06:56
... when you name your newborn son 'Kharn the Betrayer'.

Can you imagine the kid growing up ;)

Yes. He'd grow up big, strong and healthy, with a touch for the fiery side of life, would be a surgeon (a heart surgeon) and would have lots of male friends. Lots. But very little female friends. His best friend 'Angry Ron' Ronald would become a police officer who had the unfortunate duty of locking up his own dad for driving under the influence.

Voltaire01
25-01-2008, 08:09
You know when you play Warhammer too much when your narcoleptic roommate passes out on the couch and puts his eye out with a 1.5" sword...(Almost true story!)

Norminator
25-01-2008, 17:01
...when you think 'want to see my great unclean one' is a good chat up line.

FatOlaf
25-01-2008, 17:15
You know you enjoy it too much when: The value of your collection is carefully guarded from your spouse/significant other...:eek:

No, that's just good advice!

...when you think 'want to see my great unclean one' is a good chat up line.

Very funny! Lol...:D

You know you play too much Warhammer when you cant remember how you got into the hobby or what was your first army (because you have had so many and been playing over 20 years)... Just happened today..

Nyarlathotep
25-01-2008, 17:16
Yes. He'd grow up big, strong and healthy, with a touch for the fiery side of life, would be a surgeon (a heart surgeon) and would have lots of male friends. Lots. But very little female friends. His best friend 'Angry Ron' Ronald would become a police officer who had the unfortunate duty of locking up his own dad for driving under the influence.

Brilliant.

mechu95
25-01-2008, 22:06
...you're in the middle of that *manly* conversation about cars with friends from work (who know nothing of GW) and quite loudly refer to that new Land Rover as a Land Raider - and yes I've done that...:p

LOL :D and what did they say? Anyways, you know you play too much WH/40K/LOTR when whenever someone disses your hobby, you get a Khorne Chainaxe from your Bitzbox and try to stab them in the heart.

KeeganKatastrofee
06-02-2008, 22:39
When (this happened today) you're talking to someone, and you use the word realm they say:

Dude...that's such a geeky word...

You: It depends on the text! If you're saying: That's the wrong answer, but it's in the general realm of correct, then it isn't geeky. However, if saying: My Knight of the Realm charges the flank of your lizardmen saurus warriors and win combat by 4 therefore giving them an extremely hard leadership test, it's geeky.

haha
i love school
=P

Snowfire
19-03-2008, 07:00

Sigged, this is great.

Lexy
19-03-2008, 10:34
You know you played too much warhammer when
- you can quote in this thread from your own life.
- your girlfriend asks how she looks tonight and you only think about how strange the lighting is on the clothes.
- you are going to name colours of cars by their citadel name ( preferably a mix of two colours)

GraemePaul
19-03-2008, 20:46
You know you play too much wargames when you reach the stage in life that you have gone through all the stereotypes about wargamers and come out the other side a regular guy who just so happens to wargame for a hobby...

Supremearchmarshal
19-03-2008, 21:32
You know you played too much warhammer when:

-You find it fun to write army lists.
-You get disgusted when you begin talking about the soldiers in your army and no one understands who you are talking about.
-You have more armies than friends.
-You refer to laser pointers as "Lasguns".
-You keep saying Chainsword instead of Chainsaw.
-You use "feth" as a swear word.

kortholaxthedamned
19-03-2008, 21:51
You know you played too much warhammer when:

-You find it fun to write army lists.
-You keep saying Chainsword instead of Chainsaw.
-You use "feth" as a swear word.

I do all of those. Plus my friend (who doesn't collect, and never has) has read the Gaunt's Ghosts books, and started using Feth..

And Gak.

Lord_of_end_times
19-03-2008, 22:42
You know you played too much warhammer when your last name is Gorka and people ask were is Mork. One Love

nagash66
19-03-2008, 23:18
You know you play too much when youre friend ask you if warseer will let you come out and play

fwacho
20-03-2008, 08:24
You know you play too much when you stay up till 3 am so you can have everything ready to go the next day which will allow you to squeeze a game in during a very hectic schedule. (no lie)

...you start most conversations, "So while I was painting my marines yesterday..."