PDA

View Full Version : 5th edition vehicle damage dice

shaso_iceborn
22-01-2008, 04:15
or at least how to changer your's to 5th if you already bought 4th edition.

get a permanent marker (black)

the glancing dice mark out the 6 and it works fine with the 5th edition rules
the penetrating dice mark out the 4 and it will work for 5th edition rules
the ordinance dice well these are now ap-1 penetrating hits and they are perfect

note that even though the numbers on the dice are incorrect for the results you still have all the same results as you would get on the 5th edition damage chart.

count the black mark as shaken

IE
glancing hits: you have 3 shaken 1 stunned 1 weapon destroyed 1 imobilized

penetrating hits: you have 1 shaken 1 stunned 1 weapon destroyed 1 imobilized 1 destroyed, 1 explodes

the ordinance dice actually are perfect for ap-1 penetrating hits

as for ap-1 glances and just roll the glancing and apply the next result

ordinance just roll 2 of the appropriate dice select the best result

azimaith
22-01-2008, 06:17
Is it really that hard to memorize 6 outcomes and 3 modifiers?

Vishok
22-01-2008, 06:22
I was actually wondering about this.

I bought a tin of the damage dice, but this season at my game club it's all about Warhammer so instead of rolling those dice I have been rolling Stupidity on 2d6.

It really kinda makes me feel gypped that I never got to use them, and might not be able to before 5th comes along.

Really it has been bothering me a lot more than it should, but I don't want to mark up the dice you know? So I have to buy it again in order to be cool.

shaso_iceborn
22-01-2008, 17:40
Is it really that hard to memorize 6 outcomes and 3 modifiers?

no it's not that hard but I hate feeling "gipped" about buying the damgage dice I have (even if I barely used them before)

Orbital
22-01-2008, 18:25
You probably shouldn't encourage people to write on their dice with a marker until the book is actually out, don't you think? :)

Komnenos
22-01-2008, 18:29
I think those dice are better used as markers on the vehicle rather for rolling for damage.

spacemonkey
22-01-2008, 18:40
I think those dice are better used as markers on the vehicle rather for rolling for damage.
Go figure, that's all I've ever used mine for... I never even thought of using them for the actual roll (oops) :angel:

Vishok
22-01-2008, 18:41
I've never even used them but it's easy to tell what the symbols mean when they are rolled.

Lastie
22-01-2008, 19:49
I use them when I'm feeling lazy, otherwise I can usually remember which result is which number.

Hand of Dume
23-01-2008, 00:25
there's only 1 chart in 5th edition. you have modifiers if it's glancing, open-topped,etc. the old dice will become obsolete.

mattjgilbert
23-01-2008, 00:28
I have two sets (no idea why) and never use them. Reading them is hard enough and then you have to remember what the symbols mean...

shaso_iceborn
23-01-2008, 16:22
there's only 1 chart in 5th edition. you have modifiers if it's glancing, open-topped,etc. the old dice will become obsolete.

right and if you read the original post it tells you how to get the same results

(except for ap - weapons) as the amount of results are the same

Hand of Dume
23-01-2008, 19:45
i was referring to "orbitals" reference to waiting til 5th comes out and how the old dice become obsolete, thus promoting your idea of changing them. i guess i should have quoted him and been more descriptive.:)

PlasticMatt
23-01-2008, 19:51
These new rules seem appropriate. Can't wait to use 'em... I'm new here, anyone from Ottawa area?

shaso_iceborn
24-01-2008, 00:32
i was referring to "orbitals" reference to waiting til 5th comes out and how the old dice become obsolete, thus promoting your idea of changing them. i guess i should have quoted him and been more descriptive.:)

ok this I definately agree with. Here's hoping the rumored rules for damage stay the same as what is above so I can/will change my damage dice then (yes I use mine)

JimG
09-08-2010, 16:31
We're doing a group order to have some made over on Dakka if anyone is interested.