PDA

View Full Version : No Movie Marines article for UK WD Readers/WD happenings

boogle
26-09-2005, 16:44
I had a chat with Guy Haley yesterday and asked him if we were going to recieve the Movie Marines article in the UK WD, he said that he made the decision not to as after it had caused a lot of debate at GW HQ both for and against, he felt that the article was just 'rules for rules sake' and also if people saw these rules being played in stores, they would be asking 'why can't marines be like this all of the time?', i also asked him about the merger between WD and the web team, he said that he was actually moving upstairs and Owen Rees will be takin over as Editor

boogle
26-09-2005, 16:57
thes guys were mean to be really tough though and a sqaud was easily capable of taking on an 1500 point army on their own

langolas
26-09-2005, 17:12
I'm still waiting for the Movie Eldar, or Movie Orcs. I think they woudl be a lot of fun. To watch against, maybe not play against ...except with a Movie marine roster ;)

Inquisitor Samos
26-09-2005, 17:13
I had a chat with Guy Haley yesterday and asked him if we were going to recieve the Movie Marines article in the UK WD, he said that he made the decision not to as after it had caused a lot of debate at GW HQ both for and against,........ Wimp-strike One! Avoiding potential upper-management contention!

......... he felt that the article was just 'rules for rules sake' ...... Wimp-strike Two! Applying the "Doing-something-for-sake-of-doing-something" derision!

.......and also if people saw these rules being played in stores, they would be asking 'why can't marines be like this all fo the time?', ........ Wimp-strike Three, and he's outta there as an Uber-wimp! Struck out on the "But-then-they'll-all-wanna-do-it" whine, game fans!

I'm only partly kidding, by the way: I've seen the article of course, and played with and against "Movie Marines," and I say it's a whole heap of fun! Those rules are as entertaining as any variant or special-case rules I've seen in a while; just as enjoyable as "kill team" rules when those first came out, in my opinion. They should lighten up and let you folks who get the UK White Dwarf see 'em, and maybe even (horrors!) have fun with 'em!

After all, the article made it pretty clear they're "just-for-fun" rules, to my view anyway, so what's the big deal? Seems ta me somebody's taking their "Core Game" too seriously! :p

Sgt John Keel
26-09-2005, 19:13
Owen Rees will be takin over as Editor

Seems like a good choice.

Pity we won't get the article though. :(

/Adrian

TWB
26-09-2005, 19:28
If you wanna play movie marines, buy the Inquisitor rule book.

Guy haley ducking out of WD before the honeymoon period is over?! :eyebrows:

boogle
26-09-2005, 20:16
Guy will still be overseeing the mag, just not working there day to day