PDA

View Full Version : Ork Codex changes?

Trench_Raider
22-01-2008, 17:20
Ok, long time Ork player here. Orks were literally my first 40k army. I built my largish Ork army back in the days of Rogue Trader and have a peverse pride in the fact that I not bought anything new for the army since 1994 or so.
Anyway, I've been a bit out of the loop of late. I've been concentrating on my other hobbies of historical wargaming (real wargaming...not GW's version) and WW2 reenacting and have recently rediscovered D&D as well. Thus I have not played a game of 40k in about six months and not kept up with the new releases.

What's the new Ork book like? What changes have been made? Is it true they brought Klan distinctions back? (my army was painted up as Bloodaxes) How about Shokk Attakk Guns? (I've got my old RT model that I can dust off..)
Other thoughts?

TR

CommisarMolotov
22-01-2008, 17:24
What's the new Ork book like? What changes have been made? Is it true they brought Klan distinctions back? (my army was painted up as Bloodaxes) How about Shokk Attakk Guns? (I've got my old RT model that I can dust off..)
Other thoughts?

TR

Naw, klan distinctions are just there for "fun." Some HQ choices will allow you to monkey with the FOC restrictions, but otherwise, you're free to mix-n-match the klans as you like.

And yes, the Shokk Attack gun is back!

Gorbad Ironclaw
22-01-2008, 17:28
Shock Attack guns are back. There isn't any distincting between the clans as such, there are opportunities to theme them around the various clans if you like tho.

Trench_Raider
22-01-2008, 19:47
Shock Attack guns are back.

So did they bring back the snotling bases as ammo as well or are they simply (like so much about 40k these days) abstractly represented?

I suppose I'll have to go down to the local shop and buy a copy now...

TR
Who's shokk attakk gun (using the rules first printed in WD about 1991 or so) killed a land raider full of troops the first time he put in on the table!

Kiro5505
22-01-2008, 19:57
There are no snotling basses as ammo, but there are rumors of a Apocalypse datasheet called the Shokk Attack Battery, that has them as a special rule. it is called "We needs more zoggin' Snotlings" but that datasheet isn't official yet. to bad 'cuz i really want to use it

Brother Siccarius
22-01-2008, 20:00
So did they bring back the snotling bases as ammo as well or are they simply (like so much about 40k these days) abstractly represented?

I suppose I'll have to go down to the local shop and buy a copy now...

TR
Who's shokk attakk gun (using the rules first printed in WD about 1991 or so) killed a land raider full of troops the first time he put in on the table!

Snotling bases aren't in the codex, but are in a soon to be released Apocalypse datasheet for the Shokk Attack Gun Battery.

Along the line of other changes is Deffkotpas being brought into the new list. If you played 3rd edition orks you'll notice that choppas are gone, if you didn't you wont miss them. Ork Boyz are down in points and have furious charge (+1 str and int on charge). The army can fleet on a turn that you call the WAAAGH! (one per game). Good special characters (several of which don't use up FoC slots but are unit upgrades). Kustom Force Fields are as rare as a tall grot. Bikes, bikes, bikes and more bikes.