PDA

View Full Version : Picking a Green Projekt for Da New Year

Heretic12
22-01-2008, 19:22
No I dont mean enviromentally friendly, I mean Teef Hording, Noize making, Green Gorilla nuttas with a twitch for the scrap. Ive been meaning to for quite some time now, but yesterday I picked up Both the WHFB O&G book and the new 40k Orks. With the release of GorkaMorka as PDFs and a 3rd Parties DiggaNob I am now in a place to decide what my Green Project will be for this year.

Acouple months ago I sold my 3k Orks so that I would have a clean slate for the new plastics and Minis.

GorkaMorka - would be the most work in one sense as there arent any active campains in my area so I would have to get one rolling which would mean making Terrain, Organising and of course finding a few gits nutty enough to actually Convert their troops in a timely fashion.

WHFB - I suppose I would aim for a 2k list, so I can include a Lord. One or Two Black Orc heros and a Shaman, acouple bocks of Night Gobbos, a Pack of Boys and a Brick wall of Black Orcs. Backed by a setup of Chariots and Spider Riders. Just some stuff that looks pretty cool.

WH40k - Honestly I havent the slightest clue on how I would setup a 40k force. Deffinatly only like 1500 Points however. Though for sure, my HQs will be a Boss on a Bike with 'Uge Choppa and such, and a Big Mek either packing KFF or a SAG depending on what I decide for the rest of it. I was kind of leaning towards old school Speed Freaks setup, TrukkBoyz, StormBoyz and acouple cheap gunntrukks (Ala Looted Wagons). Or something 'Arder MA Boss with MA retinue, packed in an Ard Case wagon - Big Mek with KFF, 9 Kans and a 4 armed Deffdread - acouple MAN packs in more Wagons - Ard Boys etc.

I cant decide so I figured Id throw a vote up here and see the way things turn out.

Thanks in advance for any advice and ur vote.

TzeentchForPresident
22-01-2008, 20:03
Wh40K, you are asking in WH40K forums after all. :D
Thought GorkaMorka was history since long...

xibo
22-01-2008, 20:58
Thou shall build a black orc fanatic that swings a steam tank >_<
I have never player or seen someone play gorkamorka, but FB orcs are funnier then 40k ones, so I vote for FB...

Morskul
22-01-2008, 21:01
It depends on what opponents you can muster. My advice would be to start 40K and Gorkamorka simultaeously provided that a) you can find a fellow Greenskin to battle and b) you want a good Fast Attack component in your 40K army. That's how I started my 40K Orks and it worked for me. Maybe I'm just caught up in the excitement brought by the new book.

Moriarty
22-01-2008, 22:40
Stupid question, really - the answer is obvious.

Do them all.

;-)

Heretic12
23-01-2008, 03:58
For the new Ork book, you folks suggest speed freaks, Goff horde or even da bad moons dakka?