PDA

View Full Version : Brother-Captain Tycho

Brother-Captain De Angele
22-01-2008, 22:50
Now i just made this poll to see what people still paint captain tycho gold, because it is well know that in the 3rd war of armaggedon that he fell to the black rage there for his armour was black. yet some people still paint him gold this annoys me intently so the poll is on whether you would prefer do his gold,black or in a dreadnought. i dont have a pic of the dread but i think its a black furioso dread.:confused:

Deamon-forge
22-01-2008, 22:53
I havnt painted him, but if i did i would go with the black as he looks better imo.

Notorius
22-01-2008, 22:56
Now i just made this poll to see what people still paint captain tycho gold, because it is well know that in the 3rd war of armaggedon that he fell to the black rage there for his armour was black. yet some people still paint him gold this annoys me intently so the poll is on whether you would prefer do his gold,black or in a dreadnought. i dont have a pic of the dread but i think its a black furioso dread.:confused:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Dread Moriar? Tycho was flat out killed during a battle on Armageddon and only marines who are still alive can be put into dreadnaughts.

Killgore
22-01-2008, 22:57
it depends on what part of his history you wish to game with him as

Black for his blood crazed looney death battle

and gold for the HUNDREDS of years service with the blood angels before he lost his marbles.

22-01-2008, 22:58
Quote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Dread Moriar? Tycho was flat out killed during a battle on Armageddon and only marines who are still alive can be put into dreadnaughts. Notorius

I'm Not That Sure I will Have to chech Lexicanum

22-01-2008, 23:08
well i cant find my 2nd,3rd or 4th edition codex so i do remember reading somewhere that tycho was placed in a furioso dread with the black rage.

Super Ninja
22-01-2008, 23:09
Wow! at the time of posting the vote is split into 3rds exactly! I voted Black Furioso cuz thats exactly what I did a week ago :p

22-01-2008, 23:14
Wow! at the time of posting the vote is split into 3rds exactly! I voted Black Furioso cuz thats exactly what I did a week ago :p

sweet man you should post ur black furioso dread i'd love to see it!
cause i just used black rage tycho in power armour.......

Super Ninja
23-01-2008, 00:12
Sry Angele I dont have the tech or the skill to post a pic of my Tycho Dread. Besides, the model is not too teribly amazing, althought thx for the complement. Basicly what it looks like is the regular plastic dread but with the metal furioso arm w/ built in melatagun, chaos black armor and the red saltries all over, and 2 trophie stakes with tau and necron heads on them taken from the chaos vehicle upgrade sprue. the reasoning behind the stakes is that The BA want their DC to die quick or they might decend into chaos. I figured that a DC member living as long as a dread normaly would would be alittle chaosy.

Gen.Steiner
23-01-2008, 00:32
The Death Company always die, after battle if not during, due to their wounds.

Tycho was found killed atop a pile of Ork corpses during the Third War for Armageddon, his body recovered and buried with full honours.

There is no Tycho-nought. You're definitely thinking of Moriar! :p

Personally, I wouldn't get Tycho at all... but if I did I'd have two, one as Death Company and one in his golden Artificier Armour. :)

Notorius
23-01-2008, 00:34
well i cant find my 2nd,3rd or 4th edition codex so i do remember reading somewhere that tycho was placed in a furioso dread with the black rage.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tycho

I do remember the dreadnought now. It was a non-canon conversion made by a GW staffer, it was a furisio dread with the claws from the Ghazghkull instead of the normal CCWs. I did a crap copy of it for my Khorne dreadnought.

pookie
23-01-2008, 11:57
back to Black for me! ever tried to paint him Gold? well try and you'll soon paint him Gold.

Also as a side note, he actually looks really good when painted Red imo.

thearchiver
23-01-2008, 12:11
In black because its so much easier to paint than gold :)

Tonberry
23-01-2008, 12:22
Fluff-wise, no paint at all as dear ol' Erasmus is pushing up the daisies. However, I'd go for black as it emphasises the whole 'Phantom of the Opera' thing he's got going.

Zanzibarthefirst
23-01-2008, 12:28
For old skool style i'd go for gold but i think he looks much better in black. Like Gen. Stein says, I wouldnt take him

Lord Damocles
23-01-2008, 16:18
Gold - useful for any point between Armagedon II and Armagedon III. The correct fluff colour.

Black - Only if you happen to be re-enacting the falorn hope at Tempestora.

Dread - :wtf: Tycho was never interred in a dreadnought.

Not at all - My vote, since he's about as useful as his 'prefered enemy Orks' rule:(

Shadowphrakt
23-01-2008, 16:22
he's about as useful as his 'prefered enemy Orks' rule:(

So in other words, very useful. Because of the new ork dex, more and more people have started orks, and then that rule starts to come into its own.

pookie
23-01-2008, 16:27
Gold - useful for any point between Armagedon II and Armagedon III. The correct fluff colour.

Black - Only if you happen to be re-enacting the falorn hope at Tempestora.

Dread - :wtf: Tycho was never interred in a dreadnought.

Not at all - My vote, since he's about as useful as his 'prefered enemy Orks' rule:(

ah but on this basis prior to AII you should also use the model that doesnt have the Face mask on ( although that particular one also doenst have a Combi Melta, but does have Digi lazers..)

Lord Damocles
23-01-2008, 16:38
So in other words, very useful. Because of the new ork dex, more and more people have started orks, and then that rule starts to come into its own.

So a guy with WS5 doesn't alredy hit WS4 Orks on a 3+?:rolleyes:

spud75
23-01-2008, 18:59
Does it really matter what colour he is? It's only a toy soldier.(waits for flaming)

Greatoliver
23-01-2008, 19:10
Dreadnought for me definitely.

I mean, come on. Gold, black, both slightly boring colours and he's still in Power Armour. But a Dreadnought?!?! Easily the best option ;)

Leftenant Gashrog
23-01-2008, 19:21
I do prefer the black, and in fact I'd never had the urge to buy him until I saw his Death Company paint job, however I've voted gold since the rules currently only allow him to be fielded when he was gold.

Ddraiglais
23-01-2008, 20:57
I don't know why gold would upset you so much. Nobody said that we have to play in the current timeline. I've seen plenty of people starting Warhammer 30K armies. Tycho's armor was gold for most of the time he was a character. If his armor is gold, then the timeline is before Armageddon III. Not a big deal if you ask me.

Super Ninja
23-01-2008, 22:20

Not realy dude, most orks only have weapon skill 4 to Tycho's 5 meaning he still hits most orks on a 3+ withought the special rule. Usualy the only orks that have WS 5 are special characters, on which the special rule does not work iirc. that is why the regular tycho model is sadly useless. What i did to remidy this fault is I glued a power sword onto tycho's fist at his waist and then I just use the regular BA captain profile. way better :)

P.S. yes, i have both the converted gold tycho described above and a DC tycho dread, as Moriar has been phased out.

Hulkster
23-01-2008, 23:18
Gold

he was only in black arour for a short amount of time and then he died

he spent most of his life in gold armour, if you were to use him in 40k he would be reprising his role before the black rage and thus would be in gold armour

when he joined the death company he became just another rank and file psycho charging at the enemy crying about his dead primarch

Defcon
23-01-2008, 23:41
Oh and Tycho isn't dead anymore. Hurhur White Dwarf Blood Angels update yay! You think they'd just...LEAVE HIM DEAD?

Leftenant Gashrog
24-01-2008, 00:04
Oh and Tycho isn't dead anymore. Hurhur White Dwarf Blood Angels update yay! You think they'd just...LEAVE HIM DEAD?

Just because someone has game stats doesn't mean he's still alive, hell GW went to all the trouble of making a Terminator model for Lysander and he's even referenced in his Codex entry in the past-tense (if he were still alive he'd be older than Dante), hell the 2nd edition Space Wolf codex included game stats for both the current Great Wolf AND the one from the Age of Apostasy.

scopedog91
24-01-2008, 00:08
Gold is my fav colour for this dude.
Old school figure, so go with the old school look.
I still think it sucks that he has no power weapon, no matter what colour you make him...

Defcon
24-01-2008, 00:55
Just because someone has game stats doesn't mean he's still alive, hell GW went to all the trouble of making a Terminator model for Lysander and he's even referenced in his Codex entry in the past-tense (if he were still alive he'd be older than Dante), hell the 2nd edition Space Wolf codex included game stats for both the current Great Wolf AND the one from the Age of Apostasy.

No, but the fact that it says he's alive sort of helps my statement that he's alive. I'm just saying you are kind of jumping the gun here. I realize Eldrad and such are dead and can still have game-stats.

Felwether
24-01-2008, 01:55
Tycho is DEAD. He was never interred in a Dreadnought.

I vote for gold because I like shiney things...