PDA

View Full Version : Titan or bunch of Baneblades

Pooky
22-01-2008, 23:37
Which do you think is better: Having a single Titan or a few Baneblades for an Apoc game?

The story is I was all excited about scratch building a Warlord Titan about a month ago. Now that I have started doing measurements/ CAD/ obtaining modelling parts this project is going to be almost spirit-crushingly hard to pull off. Also my pride will not allow me to bring a less than perfect looking Titan to the table.

I then fell back to wondering if I should just get myself some Baneblades. The following occured to me:

- The Baneblade is ready to put together and paint, so no need to fuss with scrath building.
- The Baneblade is an awesome looking model. My Titan may not be as awesome looking or have as much detail.
- You can get multiple Baneblades for the same (points) cost as a single Titan.

So, which do you think is better? A single (scratch built) Titan or a few Baneblades?

dr.oetk3r
22-01-2008, 23:40
Baneblades, but only because they are easier to finish.

azimaith
22-01-2008, 23:45
Game wise, baneblades are really good, probably too good. But a relatively cheap warhound can get you 4 destroyer shots a turn which you might find attractive.

Goruax
23-01-2008, 00:06
I'd say take your pride and shove it down some Chaos Scum throat! :)
If you think you could do it, a scratch-built Titan would be an amazing sight for anyone and now with the new Baneblade plastic, it would be that 'one-up' on all those people who've bought the plastic (not saying it's bad, but it's less 'rare', I guess would be the word)

centy
23-01-2008, 01:18
if you can afford a few baneblades then you may be able to afford a forge world titan.

I'm going thunderhawk, and thunder bolts myself for the apocalypse game that is coming up. All thos baneblades that can't fire at my flyers HEHE.

Lord Raneus
23-01-2008, 01:47
If you're talking Warlord, a properly kitted out Warlord should stomp all over 5 Baneblades.

Baneblades will be much more convenient, though: it's up to you.

Captain Micha
23-01-2008, 01:56
Several baneblades, because you have less eggs (points) in one basket.

Lord Raneus
23-01-2008, 02:03
That's an excellent point. If you put a Warlord against a bunch of dedicated Titan-killers (read: destroyer weapons) it's in trouble.

Baneblades will struggle to kill enemy superheavies though. What about a compromise? Make some Baneblades and build a Warhound Titan? It'll be much easier and more painless.

azimaith
23-01-2008, 02:11
The warlord can stand up to a group of bane blades its own points and laugh. Its that powerful. Hell, all it needs to do is drop its 10" vortex template and watch as the enemy army goes away.

As for killing enemy super heavies with bane blades, its no worse than any other weapon. They've got alot of lascannons and a good BS, which means they'll do just fine.

Lord Raneus
23-01-2008, 02:13
But can they fire all those lascannons and the template 'o' doom in the same turn? Are they bound by the standard vehicle move rules?

I'm not sure I would rate two lascannons as being a lot, though. You get that many with a much cheaper Predator Annihilator.

azimaith
23-01-2008, 02:13
They can move and fire all their weapons at as many targets as you have weapons.

Pooky
23-01-2008, 03:48
If you're talking Warlord, a properly kitted out Warlord should stomp all over 5 Baneblades.

Baneblades will be much more convenient, though: it's up to you.

I was planning on doing a Warlord. Even the name "Warlord" gets my 40k/ Apoc juices flowing :D

And you're correct again, the Baneblade is so easy to do...

thearchiver
23-01-2008, 04:36
A titan wearing two blaneblades as rollerscates so you have the best of both worlds.

Also we all know you planed to make a titan, we wont let you forget that you pansyed out and went for baneblades :)