PDA

View Full Version : Squabbling Shamans

Honorius
23-01-2008, 01:13
Hey I'm new to playing O&G and I was wondering if a shaman is in a group of goblins who are squabbling, would the shaman generate any power dice that turn?

Braad
23-01-2008, 07:57
I believe he does generate the power dice, but they would not be very usefull since he is busy squabbling and cannot cast.

I think...

But there could be uses for it, maybe.

T10
23-01-2008, 09:10
Squabbling does not mention magic dice, so the normal rules seem to apply.

If he genereates power dice these may or may not be used to dispel remains in play spells. It depends on wether dispel attempts are attributed to a specific wizard or not (they are usually not) as the squabbling Shaman can do "nothing".

-T10

Chicago Slim
23-01-2008, 13:06
If I recall correctly, the power dice generated by a wizard can be used only by that wizard. As the squabbling Shaman can do nothing, he cannot in any way use those power dice. If you somehow had a way to save power dice (generated by any wizard) from one phase to the next, you could presumably do that with them.

Dispel dice will be usable as normal, because they are automatically placed in a common pool, and do not require any action by any wizard to use.

Milgram
23-01-2008, 14:01
Dispel dice will be usable as normal, because they are automatically placed in a common pool, and do not require any action by any wizard to use.

the squabbling ends at the end of teh o&g turn, so no squabbling in the enemies turn -> dispell dices are not affected.

as for remain in play dispelling: you are not restricted to use powerdice from the same caster+pool to dispell rip-spells. therefore you may use the squabbling shamans dices.

Honorius
23-01-2008, 21:37
Thanks everyone, I am new to fantasy and still getting used to the rules. Just needed to get that cleared up