PDA

View Full Version : Which Mark of Chaos?

havoc626
23-01-2008, 03:29
I just can't decide what chaos army to collect. I like the toughness of Nurgle, the hack and slash of Khorn and the AP of Tzeench. I was wandering what marks other people take and why.

Imperialis_Dominatus
23-01-2008, 03:35
Fluff first! Construct your army around fluff; it's more satisfying.

So... what's the background for your army?

I use mixed Marks, but they represent something else.

dark-hamish
23-01-2008, 04:19
I like the Mark of Nugle. Going with a death guard army and the right choice of units can give you a tough 5, fearless army. Great for gunline marine tactics. Is soon to be my next army.

logosloki
23-01-2008, 05:01
Go with mark of tzeentch and mark of nurgle. Your opponent wont know what to shoot at :D for the rest of your selection I recommend icon of nurgle though.

havoc626
23-01-2008, 05:02
Fluff first! Construct your army around fluff; it's more satisfying.

So... what's the background for your army?

I use mixed Marks, but they represent something else.

I think that this might the way for me to go. Think of the story first, then make a decision on a mark. It's too difficult trying to decide on a mark, then making a good story. Thanks for the advice.

Vaz84
23-01-2008, 05:16
Pick a theme, then pick elements of the army.

Thousand sons are "the risen" of nurgle, reborn plague marines with guns that shoot deadly poisons, acids, etc..
pox berzerkers
dont have one for noise marines :P

twj
23-01-2008, 09:07
As an IG player, I went with an assault orientated Khornate army. Also already having 16 Berzerkers helped...

Griffin
23-01-2008, 09:30
I play with the Icon of Chaos glory for the most part - as for marks - it depends on the theme of my force - I use a small squad of 8 Bezerkers of Khorne as counter charge unit.

TheOverlord
23-01-2008, 09:42
I mainly use the Mark of Chaos Glory, but for my termies I go for the Mark of Khorne, as I wanted to represent them as the hardest of the hardest men my Fleet had, same goes for the Chosen, as they lost their ability to be ALL champions ><

Killmaimburn
23-01-2008, 09:52
Go with mark of tzeentch and mark of nurgle. Your opponent wont know what to shoot at :D for the rest of your selection I recommend icon of nurgle though. Just a quick aside, i would strongly recomend not mixing the two. Firstly for fluff, but more importantly, having on one side a bunch of FNP T/\ guys and on the other a bunch of blokes all with invulnerables actually makes it very easy for your opponent. Plas las for the nurgle boys and the heavy bolter dev squads to eat the sons= game over. I tried this early on for 4-6 games I had 1ksons and troops with the icon of nurgle (the all-is-dust-brothers)My opponents never had to spend more than a few seconds working out what should shoot what.Losses followed.

Archangel_Ruined
23-01-2008, 13:40
You haven't mentioned slanesh, and it's a great mark. You can base your army on obscene fire power, relatively safe in the knowledge that whatever survives long enough to get to your lines will be striking second in combat. Add a lash of submission or two and you can move scarier units out of range, into pre prepared fire corridors or into charge range of your units. A marine with 2 basic attacks, 3 on the charge and initiative 5 is phenomenal. Havoc squads just got very frightening...